Grooveboxes, synths, iPad rabbit hole

What's Hot

Comments

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17603
    tFB Trader
    I've just ordered a Polyend Tracker to go with my Circuit Tracks so I'm even deeper down the hole!

My B-Stock tracker arrived and it's a very cool bit of kit although Thomann have provided it with all the cables missing so I've told them they either need to replace them or give me a discount.

Hopefully I don't need to return it as I was planning to take it on holiday with me next week.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I've just ordered a Polyend Tracker to go with my Circuit Tracks so I'm even deeper down the hole!

My B-Stock tracker arrived and it's a very cool bit of kit although Thomann have provided it with all the cables missing so I've told them they either need to replace them or give me a discount.

Hopefully I don't need to return it as I was planning to take it on holiday with me next week.
    Have you been able to use it? 
    tFB Trader
    I've just ordered a Polyend Tracker to go with my Circuit Tracks so I'm even deeper down the hole!

Have you been able to use it? 

Yeah it's really fun.

Not quick compared to a DAW but quite zen like.

Making glitchy generative stuff is the idea.
  • d8md8m Frets: 2434
    Sorry if this is off topic from the OP but Korg Gadget 2 is half price on the App Store at the moment. Well worth the price of admission!

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • personalnadirpersonalnadir Frets: 355
    d8m said:
    Been holding off on buying anything till I see that. Wasn’t hugely taken with the new Elektron box - the kit I have covers all that it does 
    tFB Trader
    d8m said:
    Been holding off on buying anything till I see that. Wasn’t hugely taken with the new Elektron box - the kit I have covers all that it does 

I'm very interested in this, but I suspect it may just be the Tracker with a different workflow.

I think the Syntakt looks pretty good (though it's fairly pricey)

I've switched almost entirely over to the Tracker now and haven't used my Circuit Tracks for a while.
    It looks like the Animoog app has had a price drop, not sure if that’s permanent or a sale. Seems like an awesome iPad synth though. Looking to bet a midi Interface so I can play it using my Keystep
    tFB Trader
    It looks like the Animoog app has had a price drop, not sure if that’s permanent or a sale. Seems like an awesome iPad synth though. Looking to bet a midi Interface so I can play it using my Keystep

If you get a camera kit it will probably work via USB
  • StrangefanStrangefan Frets: 5844
    This is my current dawless setup  circuit tracks, rhythm and a classic Cs01
     I have Cubase and have done for decades but am really enjoying pc less creation, 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • KultscharKultschar Frets: 40
    Decided to learn the Octatrack and treated myself to an Anniversary Edition from Reverb.   Think this is my 3rd attempt but I locked myself away this time and am having an absolute blast and making progress with this box of tricks.   Digitone is plugged in one input and DAW plugged into the other to sequence plugins and send the audio back into the Octatrack .   Main Octatrack Output into Ableton for quick record.   

Really want to swap my Digitone for the Digitone Keys version so I can tinker easier with keys and also it can double down as my main MIDI keyboard and get rid of my Kontrol49 - more I consolidate the more productive I am.  

Struggling to find a second hand Digitone Keys - guess most people bought the box.  
    tFB Trader
    Kultschar said:
    Decided to learn the Octatrack and treated myself to an Anniversary Edition from Reverb.   Think this is my 3rd attempt but I locked myself away this time and am having an absolute blast and making progress with this box of tricks.   Digitone is plugged in one input and DAW plugged into the other to sequence plugins and send the audio back into the Octatrack .   Main Octatrack Output into Ableton for quick record.   

Really want to swap my Digitone for the Digitone Keys version so I can tinker easier with keys and also it can double down as my main MIDI keyboard and get rid of my Kontrol49 - more I consolidate the more productive I am.  

Struggling to find a second hand Digitone Keys - guess most people bought the box.  

I like the concept of the Digitone Keys but sticking it on the side makes it weirdly ungainly and big.

I'm GASing for a Syntakt at the moment.

The Polyend Play looks interesting but I suspect it will just be a Tracker with a step sequencer.
    I’m tempted by either the Octatrack or Analog Rytm. Didn’t realise the Rytm did most of what the Digitack does. 

Will wait and see what the Play looks like (and finances). 

For now have realised that I might be able to use Model:Cycles as Midi interface. So going to hook everything up to that and see if I can use that to play iOS stuff using keystep (and sequence hardware stuff using iPad)
    Drambo 1.5 Update looks to be imminent.  =)

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/geoshred-play/id1227932062

GeoShred Play Free for now, not a groovebox but a good bit of fun.

tFB Trader
    I only discovered today that the SP404 MKII: https://www.roland.com/uk/products/sp-404mk2/

Can record in guitar while playing a loop and has built in Boss amp modelling.
    That's super cool and something I've been wanting for ages. 

I'm amazed they aren't more popular with guitarists, but they don't seem to promote that feature (The MKI couldn't do it) and due to the chip shortage it's been impossible to get hold of anyway.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    I only discovered today that the SP404 MKII: https://www.roland.com/uk/products/sp-404mk2/

I'm amazed they aren't more popular with guitarists, but they don't seem to promote that feature (The MKI couldn't do it) and due to the chip shortage it's been impossible to get hold of anyway.
    Im trying to not look into the SP404 MKII that much as GAS will start....!

tFB Trader
    d8m said:

I'd probably buy one if there was so way of sequencing other than finger drumming. 
    d8m said:

I'd probably buy one if there was so way of sequencing other than finger drumming. 
    I was looking at a model cycles the other day then thanks to some of your posts slipped towards Circuit tracks!

Ive been fully iPad untill now but its my birthday next month so fancy getting into the hardware game.

Talk me out of it!!!