SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Jam buddies Guildford area? Into blues, Floyd, JM, Knopfler etc

I am a Guildford based, keen amateur guitarist with little/ no band experience - keen to start playing with other musicians after too much solo practice! Any takers?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• midiman1962midiman1962 Frets: 100
    I am a Guildford based, keen amateur guitarist with little/ no band experience - keen to start playing with other musicians after too much solo practice! Any takers?
    Maybe this needs to be in the events section?
  • jackiojackio Frets: 132
    I'd say this is where this needs to be. Certainly matches other such personnel posts. Happy to be corrected, just noticed this is @Bluesboy99 first post so hoping I'm being helpful
  • GulliverGulliver Frets: 848
    Bit late to the party as I don't often check out this part of the forum, but the Surrey/Hampshire border is awash with jam nights.

It's been a decade since I lived down there but still keep in touch with some musos down that way.  The ones that I know about:

Every Wednesday: The Plough, Farnham
    Every Thursday: The Lion Brewery, Ash
    First Sunday of the Month: The New Inn, Basingstoke

If something more acoustic is your speed - the Lion Brewery have an acoustic jam and open mic every Tuesday.