New section for the war?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• RolandRoland Frets: 8687
    CHRISB50 said:
    Why?

It will be even less well informed than the C19 thread.
    That board pretty much turned into a private argument between a few members with opposing opinions, who are still at it. 

Add in the odd eejit posting conspiracy theories and it ended up being the waste of server space it is now. 
    Shhhh. It keeps them out of other sections, and also makes them easier to spot where they do wander elsewhere.
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CoolCatCoolCat Frets: 158
    Grampa said:
    Another No from me....I come here to try and forget the trauma's of life and stress of world politics.
    I agree. Hearing and reading about it in the news every day is more than enough for me.
    'Life is very short, and there's no time for fussing and fighting my friend' - Lennon & McCartney (We can work it out).
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17582
    tFB Trader
    I agree we already have P&E for these type of threads.

The FB is an escape from such things and from the brief sampling Ive done of the threads on the war I've got no interest in them at all.
  • HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15957
    edited March 2022
    Shrews said:
    Emp_Fab said:
    should we have a separate section?
    IMO, there should not be a separate war Discussion section. 

What difference would a bunch of British guitar enthusiasts, opining on a foreign conflict, actually make?

Probably about as much as Weimar cabaret satire did to prevent the rise of the Third Reich and the outbreak of WW2.

Disapproving in writing of the deeds of Vladimir Putin and his cronies will change precisely nowt.
    Not true.

In just a few weeks we might all be thankful of any advice we might get from the internet.  Everything from conscripting our loved ones into the forces to advice on escaping the country (when and where) and how to deal with the likely stresses of war on our doorstep.

Sure, we might not be able to do anything about Putin, but we may be thankful for any help for ourselves. 
    FFS Put the fear of God into everyone why don't you? From radios that work after the holocaust bomb and advice on how to escape our own fuckin' country.....some of us are SICK of this constant scaremongering.So many fuckin' pessimists in the one place FFS. We have barely got our arse out of the Covid thing which is rearing up BIG TIME here in Scotland and now we are all gonna be shadows on the pavements soon. Why don't we all get together and have a mass suicide?

Emp......with your nerves at the moment you should know better than to start a thread like this. I have had more than enough

and pre emp.........yup, I am aware i started a thread with a fucked up helicopter but this level of Fender playin' demented budding Nostradamus is bad for our collective health

tae be or not tae be
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28285
    I'd prefer a new section for the Phwoar.
  • hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 4131
    axisus said:
    I'd prefer a new section for the Phwoar.
    Is that a section about Essex recording stupido’s  supermodel wife