Novation Mininova or Original Microkorg....

What's Hot
Loads of videos and info online about it, but curious to hear what you folk think. Take into account I am mainly a guitar player and 4 note key playing is plenty for me!
I used to have a Microkorg and sold it when one band broke up years ago. Tempted to revisit, something basic, with presets.
The Novation looks very very similar too. Maybe more user friendly? It does look more user friendly, based on images and videos.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17589
    tFB Trader
    They are both very old and quite expensive for what they are if buying new.

I'd look at the new Modal Cobalt
  • Creed_ClicksCreed_Clicks Frets: 1387
    They are both very old and quite expensive for what they are if buying new.

I'd look at the new Modal Cobalt
    ooo, ok, I will have a look at those, thanks. Yes, one thing I did notice is that the two in my OP seem to have held their cost!
  • StrangefanStrangefan Frets: 5845
    Have a think about about the circuit tracks.. I have had a mininova which I used live for years   the menu diving for editing is a pain and it now sounds very 2000s, I had Jo interest in any of the circuits until a month ago... I'm totally converted, most creative tool I have owned for a long time, 
    tFB Trader
    Have a think about about the circuit tracks.. I have had a mininova which I used live for years   the menu diving for editing is a pain and it now sounds very 2000s, I had Jo interest in any of the circuits until a month ago... I'm totally converted, most creative tool I have owned for a long time, 

Yeah the circuit tracks is ace.

It's got the synth engine from the mini nova.

I wouldn’t know where to start with circuit tracks. With no keys ?? (I can play basic keys, chords, melody etc)
    tFB Trader
    You can plug a midi keyboard into it if you want.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • StrangefanStrangefan Frets: 5845
    I wouldn’t know where to start with circuit tracks. With no keys ?? (I can play basic keys, chords, melody etc)
    That's the beauty of it, I had put off using a grid for years as I'm used to keys however.... I actually prefer the grid now, for dawless jamming they can't be beat. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Can of worms opened, I will go down the rabbit hole today and check out the circuit tracks. Not to get away from my original post suggestions, I liked the simplicity of the Arturia Microbrute, but sometimes while playing, I felt the need to play a chord.
    I believe the Bass Station 2 has a paraphonic setting which allows 2 keys to be played at the same time, which could be nice basic option still...
    I know the Microkorg has some dated sounds and presets, but I am still trying to rip off sounds that have been done before so wouldn't be the end of the world!

tFB Trader
    The modern Micro Korg seems to be the Arturia Micro Freak which people go crazy for, but it has a weird keyboard which is what put me off.
    The modern Micro Korg seems to be the Arturia Micro Freak which people go crazy for, but it has a weird keyboard which is what put me off.
    I had the Microfreak for a while. The keys didnt bother me that much, as I am not exactly a good keys player, but I preferred the Reface CS I had after it. When you say modern Mico Korg, you mean the XL+?
    tFB Trader
    I had the Microfreak for a while. The keys didnt bother me that much, as I am not exactly a good keys player, but I preferred the Reface CS I had after it. When you say modern Mico Korg, you mean the XL+?

What I mean is it seems to be the modern day affordable synth that people find very inspirational and iconic in the way the Micro Korg was 15+ years back.
    @monquixote silly me, if I had read your post properly....  :'(
    Just noticed my other thread at the bottom of the page. Talk about indecision... :/ 
    OG Microkorg picked up in new condition. Happy enough for now. :)