Novation bass station 2

Anyone got one?

I keep looking at them and the thing that puts me off is the lack of keys.
How easy is it to swap to higher registers while live performing a piece?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• horsehorse Frets: 1568
    It has octave up & down buttons above the pitch bend wheels I think. As you're likely to be playing 1 handed on a mono, you can have your left hand over that way easy enough (if you're right handed).

In my experience the bigger technique challenge is shifting your playing hand "back down" an octave as you switch up with your left hand - tbh I find it a bit of a pain even on a 3 octave mono (1 more than the bs2?), but the small form factor has some advantages too...
  • StrangefanStrangefan Frets: 5844
    I have owned 2 and now have the circuit monostation. Which is the bass station 2 combined with the circuit grid
    If you want analogue bass sounds then its the one to go for,  the arp is great and very programmable, plus it has two flexible oscillators and 3 filters including an acid filter, going from one octive to another is very quick and east plus is happy to take a full scale controller if you don't want to play with the octive button, 
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24268
    I have owned 2 and now have the circuit monostation. Which is the bass station 2 combined with the circuit grid
    If you want analogue bass sounds then its the one to go for,  the arp is great and very programmable, plus it has two flexible oscillators and 3 filters including an acid filter, going from one octive to another is very quick and east plus is happy to take a full scale controller if you don't want to play with the octive button, 
    I've just had a look at that.

I think I'd be more comfortable with piano keys!

Although the weird bit about the bass station is that they assume the right hand will be playing. In my head it's the left hand that should be playing the bass parts on a keyboard!