SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

For Sale: Ibanez Mezzo SRMD200 Medium scale (32 inch) bass with massive upgrades!

What's Hot
fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24279
edited November 2022 in Basses £

I am aware this might be an easier sale if I put it back to stock and then sold the upgrades separately, but let's see what happens...

It's an Ibanez Mezzo SRMD200 (New price £250)

With an EMG PJ-X set of pickups ( £150)

With an ABC-X Active balance control ( £79)

And the BTC 2 band stacked eq system (£105)

Pickachu Sticker to cover the empty hole (£0.05p)

This was a bit of lockdown fun, taking a brilliant modestly priced bass and turning it into a real beast. The only weak point on the Mezzo basses is the electronics so I went really high end.

It plays beautifully, sounds amazing (the X series pickups are much nicer than the regular EMG sets - particularly noticeable on the Precision pickup), the 2 band EQ is very sensible and useable, and the ABCX removes any insertion loss issues that a passive balance control can cause. The pickups are set really high for max output at the moment and as they are EMG's there is no string pull. If you wanted them lowered then some of the foam underneath would need to be removed - it's already compressed to the max.

So there's about £585 in this lovely bass.

There's no marks on it that I can see. The Green is actually far nicer in real life but it's a bit of a sod to photograph. I'll try some outside later on if the weather is nice. It is brighter in person.

It is currently strung with a set of D'addario Nickels, but I've had great success with Dunlop flats too.

It weighs approx 8lb. That nice low weight combined with the 32 inch scale is very easy to play.

I'm looking for £425 collected from Northants.

They don't come with bag or case so I do not want to post it. Not looking for any trades as I'm raising money for something else that is even lighter in weight.

ta

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments