SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS: Pressed Laminated Archtop Plates x2 - Gretsch Brooklyn Factory NOS

What's Hot
WezVWezV Frets: 16643
edited March 2022 in Parts £
2x plates that originate from the old Gretsch factory in Brooklyn.

They are 3-ply maple/mahogany/maple.  I think both are backplates, but are symmetrical so could be used as top and back.  Both the same size for a large hollowbody guitars, marked with a B on the inside which is apparently for Backplate.  1 has a pencil outline and is a big grubbier than the other just from being stored on top of the other in a dusty wood room

Great for repairing an old Gretsch, or a new build with high quality laminates.   Its really hard to find pressed plates for this style of build.

£400 for the pair

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• WezVWezV Frets: 16643
    maybe priced a bit keenly, maybe a bit too niche.   Make an offer.   You won't see any again!
  • cowmoocowmoo Frets: 40
    edited July 2022
    If you’re not a member over at Gretsch Talk I’d be happy to share the details on my profile there.  
    i'm not a member there, but sure, if you think it will interest them.... and if they want to say i was asking too much, that is fine too :D 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • cowmoocowmoo Frets: 40
    edited July 2022
    Done, if there’s any interest i’ll pass it on
    edited January 2023
    no interest in these at that sort of price, so open to offers around £250?
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom