SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS/FT - Bourgeois Slope D Adirondack/Brazilian. ## SOLD ##

What's Hot
CloudNineCloudNine Frets: 4256
edited June 2022 in Acoustics £
On a potentially expensive vintage guitar mission, and it genuinely f*king sucks to even consider parting with this, but here we are….  An absolute dream of a guitar. There really isn’t anything like an Adi/Braz dread, and this one is exceptional in every way. Powerful but balanced/refined, does absolutely everything from hard strumming to light finger picking.

In very good condition, usual light wear and small marks, plays effortlessly with low action and the sound is everything you expect it would be and more. A bit of fretwear in the first few, but I don’t notice it when playing, could maybe use a fret dress at some point. This does not need medium strings to deliver stunning tone, I actually think it is significantly better with 12’s as the top is so responsive. Circa 15 yrs old and has opened up beautifully, hard to imagine it could sound better, but no doubt it will do exactly that over the next 20/40/60 yrs! The woods are pretty exceptional, and whilst the Brazilian might be the first things to notice, the Adi top is just incredible, so tight grained with lots of cross silking, I have hardly ever seen Adi like this.

Bourgeois are still made in relatively low numbers compared to many other boutique brands (Collings/SCGC etc), and as far as I am aware Dana Bourgeois has voiced the tops of every guitar that left the factory. There is something consistently great to me in the way Bourgeois’ sound, and I have had a fair few, I find them a level above similar priced brands, but all personal taste of course.

A proper acoustic for life, heirloom guitar, for your great grandkids to either cherish or sell for drugs in years to come.

Priced at £5,900 and could be interested in guitars in trade (ideally vintage Fender but maybe others), cash either way as required. 

SOLD

0reaction image LOL 24reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26891
    A solitary wow doesn't feel enough..
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GRBaldwinGRBaldwin Frets: 24
    This looks lovely. Is it strictly vintage guitars you'd be interested in trade wise?
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15482
    fuck me that's nice. I can't even begin to imagine what you're buying with the proceeds!!!

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

• CryptidCryptid Frets: 406
    Sweet mother...
  • AntonUkAntonUk Frets: 96
    Wonderful! 
  • CloudNineCloudNine Frets: 4256
    Cheers guys, it is pretty special. Probably best if I never open the case again I think… 

@GRBaldwin   Mostly interested in buying vintage gear at the minute, but drop me a PM with what you had in mind.
  • BigPaulieBigPaulie Frets: 1087
    Holy fuck! That's ridiculous!
  • EpsilonEpsilon Frets: 614
    Way out of my league, but surely one of the most stunning acoustics out there. Good luck with the sale.
  • That's a very beautiful guitar, good luck with your sale.
  • CMW335CMW335 Frets: 2034
    Couple of amazing acoustics for sale on here right now bump for this beauty too
  • wellsyboywellsyboy Frets: 453
    Fuck me!
  • FatboylimFatboylim Frets: 14
    Holy smokes... 
    What is the nut width on this please?
    I am 99.9% it is 1.75". Always what I have thought it to be. Will of course double check that. Unfortunate thing is I am now away for the next week... Will update info here when I return.
  • guitarjack66guitarjack66 Frets: 1829
    I just don't see how you can go better than that,even vintage.
  • glt56glt56 Frets: 209
    pm'd
    glt56 said:
    pm'd
    Yeah I would! - If this had been 1 11/16 at the nut I would have bagged this (subject to playing etc.) but hey ho - got myself an Atkin Pre War D37 in the end.
  • glt56glt56 Frets: 209
    wellsyboy said:
    glt56 said:
    pm'd
    Yeah I would! - If this had been 1 11/16 at the nut I would have bagged this (subject to playing etc.) but hey ho - got myself an Atkin Pre War D37 in the end.
    What are those Atkin Pre War D37's like?  I've come sooooo f-ing close to clicking the dreaded "Buy it Now" button on one of those. I like the look of the two custom shop Martin's at Coda too (reminiscent of D-35's):
    https://www.coda-music.com/martin-custom-shop-dreadnought-rosewood-koa-985.html
    https://www.coda-music.com/martin-custom-shop-dreadnought-rosewood-koa-985-23213.html
    They look nice!
    edited April 2022
    Just to confirm, it is definitely 1.75” as expected. Pretty sure all the Bourgeois acoustics I have owned have been that size, although I never actually measured them. I think 1.75” seems to be the standard across a lot of brands these days. I think it was commonly a bit narrower in years gone by. 
    CloudNine said:
    Just to confirm, it is definitely 1.75” as expected. Pretty sure all the Bourgeois acoustics I have owned have been that size, although I never actually measured them. I think 1.75” seems to be the standard across a lot of brands these days. I think it was commonly a bit narrower in years gone by. 
    Yes - its the same with Collings (unless you custom order) - I had to trade a CJ35 because I couldn’t get on with it - being a more frequent electric player with smallish hands I find 1.75 too much and feel more at home at 1 11/16 - shame because that Bourgeois would look fabulous in my den!!!!!