The Doctor Who thread

What's Hot

Comments

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28280
    digitalscream said:

when Romana regenerated she tried on lots of different genders, races etc before settling on one
    Typical bloody women, take all day to choose
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26461
    So a whole season of no "new" doctors, but lots of old ones? Interesting.

Or maybe two doctors. A new one, and a guest old one. Might be a good narrative for him to find himself. 

I was thinking that, myself. However, the first three have died (and I doubt anybody could convincingly pull off any but the first one that's been done already), Colin Baker would be unrecognisable as his former self, and Sylvester McCoy and Christopher Eccleston would likely refuse.
    <space for hire>
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579

Or maybe two doctors. A new one, and a guest old one. Might be a good narrative for him to find himself. 

I was thinking that, myself. However, the first three have died (and I doubt anybody could convincingly pull off any but the first one that's been done already), Colin Baker would be unrecognisable as his former self, and Sylvester McCoy and Christopher Eccleston would likely refuse.
    Sean Pertwee? 
  • MyrandaMyranda Frets: 2940

Sean Pertwee? 
    As Jon Pertwee? Or the sweary man he is in so many films?
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16254

Sean Pertwee? 
    Time Lording doesn't get harder than this. 

Bit of googling says he has agreed in the past to appear in his father's role but wasn't available at the right time. So doesn't seem out of the question. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 

Sean Pertwee? 
    Time Lording doesn't get harder than this. 

Bit of googling says he has agreed in the past to appear in his father's role but wasn't available at the right time. So doesn't seem out of the question. 
    Well, why not, I say...

Myranda said:

Sean Pertwee? 
    As Jon Pertwee? Or the sweary man he is in so many films?
    Jon Pertwee was borderline very sweary in the Navy Lark ;)
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22516
    "When the Eleventh Doctor was alone, the Curator made his presence known when the Doctor noted how he could retire and be a curator, with the Curator exclaiming that he "really [thought] [the Doctor] might." After the Doctor noted that he "never forget[s] a face", the Curator merely noted that the Doctor would revisit a few in years to come but just the "old favourites". "

Was this a set up for David Bradley's appearance/tenure??
    I assume so - and even if they hadn't planned that far ahead, it was a sensible thing to do because it doesn't lock them into an end-game, while allowing the possibility of bringing older Doctors back for one-offs without having to do the tired old "Doctor meets the Doctor" thing.
    I can't see them actually centring the show on David Bradley or other "old" Doctors, it would be cool for elderly viewers - I might even watch it myself - but the kids would be switching off in droves.  Maybe for one or two episodes.
    Philly_Q said:
    "When the Eleventh Doctor was alone, the Curator made his presence known when the Doctor noted how he could retire and be a curator, with the Curator exclaiming that he "really [thought] [the Doctor] might." After the Doctor noted that he "never forget[s] a face", the Curator merely noted that the Doctor would revisit a few in years to come but just the "old favourites". "

Was this a set up for David Bradley's appearance/tenure??
    I assume so - and even if they hadn't planned that far ahead, it was a sensible thing to do because it doesn't lock them into an end-game, while allowing the possibility of bringing older Doctors back for one-offs without having to do the tired old "Doctor meets the Doctor" thing.
    I can't see them actually centring the show on David Bradley or other "old" Doctors, it would be cool for elderly viewers - I might even watch it myself - but the kids would be switching off in droves.  Maybe for one or two episodes.
    What about a series of one or two episodes with each of the surviving (and willing) Doctors? Trying them out, or maybe trying to find himself again. Remember, we don't know how many regenerations he was given on Trenzalore...and we know the Master has blown waaaaaaay past the standard allowance.
    <space for hire>
  • RabsRabs Frets: 2602
    tFB Trader

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-40608669

Doctor Who: New actor to be revealed after Wimbledon

The identity of Doctor Who's 13th Time Lord will be revealed following the Wimbledon men's singles tennis final on Sunday, the BBC has announced.

A trailer featuring the number 13 in different locations was aired during the tennis on BBC One on Friday.

It finished with the caption: "Meet the 13th Doctor after the Wimbledon men's final, Sunday 16th July."

The actor will succeed Peter Capaldi who took the role in 2013 and will leave in the 2017 Christmas special.

Capaldi made the announcement during an interview with BBC Radio 2 presenter Jo Whiley in January.

The Glasgow-born star said: "I feel it's time to move on. I feel sad, I love Doctor Who, it is a fantastic programme to work on."

Ability to regenerate

The locations in the trailer included 10 Downing Street, the White Cliffs of Dover and the Statue of Liberty.

The popular sci-fi series features a Time Lord, known only as The Doctor, who travels through time and space in the Tardis, which resembles a 1960s police telephone box.

The main character has the ability to regenerate, a quirk that has allowed a number of actors to have played the role over the years.

Capaldi, who replaced Matt Smith as The Doctor, was previously best known for his role as foul-mouthed spin-doctor Malcolm Tucker in the BBC series The Thick of It.

• FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    According to Twitter Jodie Whittaker is the new Doctor Who .... never heard of her ...

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • SeshSesh Frets: 1839
    Who?
    Can't sing, can't dance, can handle a guitar a little.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28280
    Sesh said:
    Who?
    Yes

• cj73cj73 Frets: 1003
    edited July 2017
    She was the Grieving mother in Broadchurch series 1. You know, that show written by some bloke called Chris Chibnall?
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33725
    It's Whittaker.
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16254
    Joddie Whitaker it is then. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6378
    Who ? :/

Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    Political correctness wins. Pffft. 
    <space for hire>
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • 4114Effects4114Effects Frets: 3131
    edited July 2017 tFB Trader
    Hmmmm. Trying to keep an open mind. Why though? Doctor Who is an established male character. Struggling with this one.