SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

***SOLD*** For Trade for a shortscale: Fender American Special Precision bass. 8lb!

fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24183
edited May 2022 in Basses £

I am looking for trades for Shortscale basses only.

Ideally a Sandberg Lionel - in a standard colour (I can't afford an aged one), maybe with some cash from me depending on spec

But whatever the trade is it MUST weigh under 7.5lb / 3.4kg. No exceptions I'm afraid. Lower would be even better. So trades will have to be in person and I will bring my scales!

This is a Fender American Special Precision. It dates from 2013. The Specials have a slightly thinner body leading to a lower weight and the neck is also a bit thinner front to back compared to a modern P. The Specials also had more basic tuning heads and a BBOT bridge.

Overall it is in pretty good condition but there are some little dings and marks that I have tried to photograph. Nothing that has gone through the paint so I'm sure it could be T-cut out if you like that sort of thing. Nothing visible unless you are really close up.

It had previously had some Hipshot Ultralites fitted but they have now been removed and the bass is back to stock. For each tuner there is an extra hole on the back of the headstock that was used for mounting the Hipshots but they are hidden by the rest of the stock tuner.

With 1 exception...

Next to the E string tuner there is a tiny little hole on the front. Maybe 1.5mm You guessed it - when I installed the Hipshots the drill slipped and came through the front. I am sure that a toothpick glued in and sanded down would make it invisible, but as I'm not a carpenter I've left it as is.

It currently has a nice low action and is easy to play. It has the "Greasebucket" tone circuit. Whatever that actually is. It's just a Vol and Tone to me!

It is currently strung with Thomastik Ti Flats that are nicely settled in.

Video with flats (Helix audio)

With rounds (iPhone audio)

Trade Value is about £725. 

If you have a Sandberg Lionel then please let me know.

If not a straight sale is available.

I'm in Northants, a few miles north of Towcester just off the A5

***ON HOLD for Mr spark240***

***SOLD AND GONE***

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments