A question to any iLoud Micro Monitor owners out there..

If any of you folks own these could you please do me a favour and let me know what the height of one is when the front leg is fully extended i.e. from desktop to the top of the monitor.
Many thanks  :3
(pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• newi123newi123 Frets: 860
    I had some but gave them away - great sound, but suddenly stopped working properly after only a couple of years. Sound only coming from tweeters. Not sure if others have experienced similar?
  • sxardsxard Frets: 35
    I've had the first version of these for almost 5 years now, still working great. Just measured an the height of mine with front leg fully extended is 20cm.
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6104
    sxard said:
    I've had the first version of these for almost 5 years now, still working great. Just measured an the height of mine with front leg fully extended is 20cm.
    Perfect, thanks @sxard , that's what I was hoping for.
  • hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 4153
    edited April 2022
    newi123 said:
    I had some but gave them away - great sound, but suddenly stopped working properly after only a couple of years. Sound only coming from tweeters. Not sure if others have experienced similar?
    I was looking at reviews somewhere after seein someone using them but the reviews were not very good

edit . Reviews were on Amazon 
  • LodiousLodious Frets: 1942
    I owned a pair for a few days. They gave out a constant, horrible low level digital noise. I sent them back as it would have driven me crazy. A few months later I was in a music shop where they had a wall of maybe 20 pairs of monitors all set up for demo. As I walked into the demo room I could hear a horrible digital noise which reminded me of the ilouds. I looked over the speakers they had setup, there they were....a little pair of ilouds. 

The two takeaways for me were that the ilouds were by far the nosiest speakers out of all the speakers they had on demo, and that it wasn't just the pair I had that were noisy. Dunno if this is a widespread issue, as plenty of people like them, but for me, there is no way I'd have a pair if they are that noisy. 

I thought they sounded pretty good for the money though. 
  • sxardsxard Frets: 35
    Mine produce a bit of noise in the first 5-10 seconds after switching on and are quiet after that.
  • andy_kandy_k Frets: 818
    There is a slight noise when first powered on, a few seconds, bluetooth connection, but I have had no issues in the 3-4 years I have been using them. Very good sound for the money, I can't justify anything better for my use, size is deceiving.
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    I have two sets of iLouds. They are as quiet as the grave.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6104
    Fretwired said:
    I have two sets of iLouds. They are as quiet as the grave.
    I ended up purchasing a pair and am delighted with them. None of the noise issues I've seen mentioned, incredible sound for the size and they have freed up so much room in my tiny bedroom 'studio'.
    Got them from Scan Computers who are superb to deal with. :+1: 
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4701
    newi123 said:
    I had a tweeter go but couldn’t get a replacement.  Also a faulty speaker connector at the back.
    Ended up selling them for spares.