2022 Setlists

What's Hot
Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10392
 Just had to give a list of the songs we cover  to some people who are guesting with us at the next gig, so they could see what they fancy doing .... here it is 

Vertigo
All I want is you
With or without you
Beautiful day
Where the streets have no name
I will follow
One
Pride

That’s entertainment
Eaton Rifles
Going underground
Down in the tube station 
You do something to me
Peacock suit 
Shout to the top
Start
Town called malice

The Bucket
Mollys chamber
Use somebody
Reverey

Local boy in the photograph
I’m just looking
Have a nice day
Maybe tomorrow

Mr bright side
All these things I’ve done
Jenny 
Smile like you mean it
The graffiti on the train

Pinball Wizard
Hotel California
The Wall
Time
Wish you were here
Olivers army
It must be love
Smoke on the water
Whole lotta love
20th century boy
Boys of the summer
My Girl
Whisky in the jar 
Creep
Fake plastic trees
High and dry
Purple rain
Ever fallen in love
Brown eyed girl
Kids in America
Seet home Alabama 
Mama Mia
Let there be rock
I feel good
Play that funky music

Time is running out
Hysteria
Starlight
Plugin baby

Jump
You really got me 
Ain’t talking about love
Pretty Women
Ice cream man

17 going under
Will we talk
Saturday
Hypersonic missiles

Lets dance
Never tear us apart
There is a light that never goes out
Living on a prayer
Dead or alive
Bed of roses
She’s something else

The day we caught the train
By the way
Run
A design for life
Kevin Carter
Bitter sweet symphony 
Wake me up when sep ends
Basket case
Fix you
Clocks
The scientist
Champagne supernova
Stand by me
Wonderwall 
The Zepher song
Hey ya
Chasing cars
I predict a Riot
Under the bridge
Are you gonna be my girl
Yellow
Uptown funk
Put your hands on
7 - - Catfish & the Bottlemen 
Outside - Catfish & the Bottlemen 
Jenny don’t be hasty
Rewind
Seven nation army
Chelsea dagger
Going out with 
No digits
Kiss
Song 2
Saw her standing there
Somewhere in my heart
Valeri 
Hard to handle
Sanctuary 

Sam Fender and Catfish are probably the only current-ish stuff we are doing ... what you all got ?

www.2020studios.co.uk 
0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• RocknRollDaveRocknRollDave Frets: 6468
    edited April 2022
    We have started to do Watermelon Sugar by that Harry Styles
    Not because I particularly think it is a worthy addition, but because our agenty chap has put it on the song list on our website and people have started asking for it.

Same 4 chords all the way through, so easy enough to do, and people seem to know it. 

We also do Walk The Moon's  'Shut Up And Dance', which goes down well. 

What else modern...erm, Get Lucky, Moves Like Jagger (hate playing it - find it hard to maintain the rhythm on the guitar whilst singing it)...

To be fair, there are a right load of absolute bangers on your setlist that I would love to get asked to play!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7280
    My head would asplode if I had to remember all that!
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Oh, Shotgun by George Ezra is a fun, singalonga one too.

• thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9684
    Its mad that songs 10 or so years ago are still classed as modern/up to date, I wonder if in 1980 bands were thinking of songs from 1970 as modern additions to their repertoire. Crazy
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2192
    My head would explode if I had to remember all that!

My thoughts exactly. An extremely impressive long list.

I think my gigging days are probably over because I don't have the ability to remember songs like I used to. At least I'll never have to play 'Brown Eyed Girl' or 'My Girl' again, but unfortunately I seem unable to erase those two from my memory.

It's not a competition.
  • CaseOfAceCaseOfAce Frets: 1321
    edited April 2022
    These are the new ones we've added this year so far and are playing in right now at gigs...

Walking By Myself
    Suspicious Minds
    Brown Eyes Blue
    Red Red Wine
    Heaven 
    Hanging On The Telephone
    Lay Down Sally

pretty mainstream fare but we've found Cradle of Filth doesn't go over too well down the local social club... 
    ...she's got Dickie Davies eyes...
  • Danny1969 said:
     Just had to give a list of the songs we cover  to some people who are guesting with us at the next gig, so they could see what they fancy doing .... here it is 

Wonderwall 

NNNNNNooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!

I feel better now.
    'Vot eva happened to the Transylvanian Tvist?'
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9684
    edited April 2022
    I'll be singing/playing at a creative festival thing at a church in the summer (have done the last couple) and I did think of doing Watermelon Sugar as it sounds good on piano and my vocal range is similar to Mr Styles. Then I looked up the lyrics on Spotify, and that mixed with the visuals on Spotify the play in the background of the song has left me in no doubt that the lyrics are not quite going to be appropriate at a church festival

That's not to say i won't just do it anyway, I'm bored of having to play 70s songs for the old dears
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • westwest Frets: 996

every reason i quit .... id rather fix shit for a livin ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4038
    Danny1969 said:

Time is running out
    Hysteria
    Starlight
    Plugin baby

Muse has never worked for us.  (I don't think it's me :# ).  But only ever managed to get a tepid response.  We're very tight with it all but the audiences are just a bit meh.

Which is a shame cos I love playing Plug In Baby and I love Starlight but we've never taken it out, basically because of the lack of response on the other Muse songs we've done.  
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10392
    Grunfeld said:
    Danny1969 said:

Time is running out
    Hysteria
    Starlight
    Plugin baby

Muse has never worked for us.  (I don't think it's me :# ).  But only ever managed to get a tepid response.  We're very tight with it all but the audiences are just a bit meh.

Which is a shame cos I love playing Plug In Baby and I love Starlight but we've never taken it out, basically because of the lack of response on the other Muse songs we've done.  
    We did Stockholm Syndrome a few times, that raised some eyebrows :)

www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • markslade07markslade07 Frets: 833
    Loving the Sam Fender tracks. We’ve added Seventeen Going Under this year, and want to add Will We Talk at some point. How do you find they go down?
    Loving the Sam Fender tracks. We’ve added Seventeen Going Under this year, and want to add Will We Talk at some point. How do you find they go down?
    Very popular, especially 17 going under which seems to be his biggest track yet. Took me a while to figure out the intro, not normally a capo guy 
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
    We have started to do Watermelon Sugar by that Harry Styles
    Not because I particularly think it is a worthy addition, but because our agenty chap has put it on the song list on our website and people have started asking for it.

Same 4 chords all the way through, so easy enough to do, and people seem to know it. 

We also do Walk The Moon's  'Shut Up And Dance', which goes down well. 

What else modern...erm, Get Lucky, Moves Like Jagger (hate playing it - find it hard to maintain the rhythm on the guitar whilst singing it)...

To be fair, there are a right load of absolute bangers on your setlist that I would love to get asked to play!
    We do Watermelon in another band, I quite like the riff it rocks up quite well. Been playing Shut up and dance for years too, it's one of those songs like Brightside and Sex on Fire that they go nuts for at weddings. I quite like the u2 ish riff too and the keyboard solo. 
    I wouldn't be able to play and sing Moves like jagger I don't think, although played it loads of times. if there was another guitarist I would take the motif bit instead. 

Blinding Lights by The Weekend is a good recent ish crowd pleaser for weddings
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • fastonebazfastonebaz Frets: 4086
    I play Shut up and Dance too, in C#, with a splendid tapping guitar solo in the middle.  Really nice tune to play. 

That Sam fender Will we talk song I play to but it's so boring on guitar.

• fastonebazfastonebaz Frets: 4086
    Can you play EVHs Ice cream man solo?! :astonished: 
  • MusicwolfMusicwolf Frets: 3650
    Danny1969 said:
    Very popular, especially 17 going under which seems to be his biggest track yet. Took me a while to figure out the intro, not normally a capo guy 
    We do Will We Talk? and Dead Boys.  If you've got a young crowd there are usually some massive Sam Fender fans in there who'll love you, if it's an older audience we drop Dead Boys or even both.

Can you play EVHs Ice cream man solo?! :astonished: 
    Kinda ... He actually picks every note of the fast bit which I can do if sitting down but onstage that stretch (as you know) is too big so I tend to tap it .... same notes but a lot easier to do 
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bloodandtearsbloodandtears Frets: 1655
    edited April 2022
    west said:

every reason i quit .... id rather fix shit for a livin

I'm with you there.. maybe half a dozen or so tracks in that list that I'd play.. the rest I find dreary and worthy of the label musical prostitution...

It pays well for sure I have no doubt, and loads of people love the radio friendly hits...

But I'm classic hard rocker and play those types of venues instead.. plenty of them around in the North West fortunately..

Ultimately, if I'm not enjoying playing it then why should I.

.. and yes.. my band's set is straight outta the 70/80s lol
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

• west said:

every reason i quit .... id rather fix shit for a livin

I'm with you there.. maybe half a dozen or so tracks in that list that I'd play.. the rest I find dreary and worthy of the label musical prostitution...

It pays well for sure I have no doubt, and loads of people love the radio friendly hits...

But I'm classic hard rocker and play those types of venues instead.. plenty of them around in the North West fortunately..

Ultimately, if I'm not enjoying playing it then why should I.

.. and yes.. my band's set is straight outta the 70/80s lol

Each to their own, innit.

I’ve done both: wedding band and Classic Rock covers (bike rallies, pubs etc).
    In both cases, there have been songs in the set I’ve looked forward to playing and songs that made me cringe.

At a good gig, where the crowd are getting into it and it all sounds good, I’m happy playing covers others might consider cheesy.

I promise myself one day I’ll put together a band playing the kinds of music I like listening to, but it really won’t happen; nobody would come to the gigs!