Who's going the Bham Guitar show?

What's Hot
spark240spark240 Frets: 2073
Ill be there Sunday....Happy to man TFB stand for a an hour or so if you guys are there ...

Mac Mini M1
Presonus Studio One V5
 https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
 https://twitter.com/spark240
 Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
Reddit r/newmusicreview 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28280
    I used to love guitar shows, but 3 hour drive plus pandemic just isn't so appealing to me right now. Last time I went to B'ham (many years ago) I was pissed off as the car parking was extortionately expensive but there was nowhere else to park. Put me off but I don't recall the venue now.

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16253
    axisus said:
    I used to love guitar shows, but 3 hour drive plus pandemic just isn't so appealing to me right now. Last time I went to B'ham (many years ago) I was pissed off as the car parking was extortionately expensive but there was nowhere else to park. Put me off but I don't recall the venue now.

Free parking at the B’ham show. The car park tends to get full up early but there is on street parking as well. I think the last couple of times I’ve been parked on the street behind the venue. 
    I think busses run nearby and it’s maybe 15-20 minutes walk from the nearest train station ( Jewellery Quarter). There’s a bit of detail on the show website. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • WindmillGuitarsWindmillGuitars Frets: 730
    tFB Trader
    We're over for both days 
    www.windmillguitars.com - Official stockist of Yamaha, Maybach, Fano Guitars, Kithara Guitars, Eastman Guitars, Trent Guitars, Orange Amps, Blackstar Amplification & More! (The artist formerly known as Anchorboy)
  • stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2177
    I hope make it on the Saturday, as I plan to visit my brother in Stoke on Trent over the weekend. Otherwise it would be a bit of a trek from Exmouth.

It's not a competition.
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 23953
    Nah. I went to one many years ago.

The main problem was it was infested by really annoying mammals all trying to be louder and faster than the next.

I did get to meet Jeff Berlin though. That was cool to chat about bass for 5 mins.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4896
    I'm having doubts about going - it's a bit of a trek and I don't recall much memorable about the last one I went to.
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8590
    I’m manning theFretboard stall on Saturday, and @Bridgehouse will be there on Sunday. Volunteers are welcome to cover parts of the day so that we can take breaks.
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 5326
    Roland said:
    I’m manning theFretboard stall on Saturday, and @Bridgehouse will be there on Sunday. Volunteers are welcome to cover parts of the day so that we can take breaks.

I was wondering how @Bridgehouse would manage without regular breaks for tabs, then remembered he's probably knocked those on the head now. So it's just the 2l lemonade bottle required and he'll be fine.
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    Snags said:
    Roland said:

I was wondering how @Bridgehouse would manage without regular breaks for tabs, then remembered he's probably knocked those on the head now. So it's just the 2l lemonade bottle required and he'll be fine.
    Indeed no tabs for me any more - not for at least 6 months now
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10103
    edited May 2022
     I'm going with my mate in Saturday so I'll definitely pop by and introduce myself.  
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11673
    Whats the parking like?  I'm starting to think I get a bit of anxiety driving to places where I don't know I can park?
    We have to be so very careful, what we believe in...
  • JasonJason Frets: 1103
    tFB Trader
    Whats the parking like?  I'm starting to think I get a bit of anxiety driving to places where I don't know I can park?
    The Car park has space for 250 cars (FOC), then there is an NCP across the road (under the flyover) then all the roads around the venue are free

The Guitar Show, Cranmore Park, Birmingham | Website | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Podcast
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16253
    There's a dedicated free car park. Although unless you are fairly early or late you are likely to end up going through the car park and out on the street. If you aim for the street behind the building you should be okay if you can't get a space on the car park. It's a sort of industrial area at the back and quiet at weekends. Most of the surrounding streets are residential so have limited on street parking. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6090
    tFB Trader
    im exhibiting and very much looking forward to it too. be nice to say hello and meet people again....

Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
    @ThorpyFX It will be nice if the electricity supply works this time.
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6090
    tFB Trader
    Roland said:
    indeed 

Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
  • JasonJason Frets: 1103
    tFB Trader
    ThorpyFX said:
    Roland said:
    indeed 

At least we know what to do this time.

I'll be talking to the contractors when I get onsite
    The Guitar Show, Cranmore Park, Birmingham | Website | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Podcast
  • SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 1926
    @Jason - Can you get entry by showing the purchase of the ticket, as opposed to needing to take delivery? A colleague and I want to head over.
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6637
    edited May 2022
    Schnozz said:
    @Jason - Can you get entry by showing the purchase of the ticket, as opposed to needing to take delivery? A colleague and I want to head over.
    I want to know this as well. Ordered a saturday ticket today expecting a pdf to print and they said they were posting a ticket out! Hope they get it first class!! needs to be here by Friday.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1