So ... what's your favourite ever album?

What's Hot

Comments

• OctahedronOctahedron Frets: 400
    DefaultM said:
    Just listening to Permission to Land now, as I never listened to it at the time. Pretty fun. I quite like that Justin Hawkins YouTube channel as well. 
    For me his YouTube channel puts me off him.
    Sometimes some complete shite just falls out of his mouth. 
    I prefer to, as they say, Let the Music Do the Talking (which is also a cracking song by Aerosmith and another of my fav bands of all time) :)
    Music the great communicator, use two sticks to make it in the nature - a music reviews blog: http://usetwosticks.wordpress.com/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7321
    edited May 2022
    Yeah its just Justin Hawkins talking shit at length. The other day he mused that perhaps Jon Bon Jovi can't sing anymore because he's had so much facial surgery he can't open his mouth wide enough. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7321
    I've decided it's too difficult to decide. I'm struggling to separate 'favourite ever' from 'most important to me'.

Maybe Angel Du... No sorry it's too hard.
  • proggyproggy Frets: 5835
    Pink Floyd - The Wall.
    An absolute masterpiece from the genius that is Roger Waters.
  • LastMantraLastMantra Frets: 3822
    Needs some Faith No More. 

Going to say The Real Thing because it was the album that introduced them to me and it kind of blew me away at the time.
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12294
    An album I can just put on anytime and not be bored by it is Miles Davis - In a Silent Way. Just beautiful from start to finish and a cracking line up, I did a bit on guitar on instagram and Herbie Hancock liked it, finally validation for my mediocre playing!
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4180
    Joni Mitchell.   Shadows and Light, live double album
  • HabaneroHabanero Frets: 251
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28285
    proggy said:
    Pink Floyd - The Wall.
    Agree. So many people don't seem to appreciate its brilliance. For me the best ever concept album. I love every second, and I love the fact that it has tiny songs that carry significance (Goodbye cruel world, Bring the boys back home). The best albums are greater than the sum of their parts, and I believe that Pink Floyd did this with both the Wall and also DSotM.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • GrumpyrockerGrumpyrocker Frets: 4133
    axisus said:
    proggy said:
    Pink Floyd - The Wall.
    Agree. So many people don't seem to appreciate its brilliance. For me the best ever concept album. I love every second, and I love the fact that it has tiny songs that carry significance (Goodbye cruel world, Bring the boys back home). The best albums are greater than the sum of their parts, and I believe that Pink Floyd did this with both the Wall and also DSotM.
    I absolutely love it. My only mark against it is the way Pink Floyd disappears at the end. Bob Ezrin takes over. 

axisus said:
    proggy said:
    Pink Floyd - The Wall.
    I absolutely love it. My only mark against it is the way Pink Floyd disappears at the end. Bob Ezrin takes over. 
    ?
  • proggyproggy Frets: 5835
    axisus said:
    proggy said:
    Pink Floyd - The Wall.

@axisus ; You are a man after my own heart.
  • rlwrlw Frets: 4692
    Joni Mitchell - Court & Spark
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
  • GrumpyrockerGrumpyrocker Frets: 4133
    axisus said:
    axisus said:
    proggy said:
    Pink Floyd - The Wall.
    ?

The Trial is mostly Bob Ezrin's work. I feel it would have been better for PF to have played the big final. Would have been a different song. But for me it feels like the band disappears towards the end of the album.  

• GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4038
    edited May 2022
    Philly_Q said:
    Robin Trower - Live!

Robin Trower Live - Wikipedia

Cheers for this.  That has turned out to be very pleasant listening on a lovely sunny Sunday morning. 

For me the choice has to be an old album, one that's endured through my changing tastes.  There are only a couple of contenders, The Heart of the Congos has always been THE one for me but cos I mention it whenever these threads appear I'll go for another:
    The Durutti Column, The Return of The Durutti Column.  Doesn't seem old to my ears even though it's been over 40 years since I first heard it.

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33782
    This:

• LastMantraLastMantra Frets: 3822
    proggy said:
    axisus said:
    proggy said:
    Pink Floyd - The Wall.

The wall was where I started with PF, the album and the movie (and LSD!). I probably listened to it too much back then so rarely listen to it now but to me it IS Floyd.
    proggy said:
    axisus said:
    proggy said:
    Pink Floyd - The Wall.

The wall was where I started with PF, the album and the movie (and LSD!). I probably listened to it too much back then so rarely listen to it now but to me it IS Floyd.
    I don't listen to it very often to be honest, because to me listening has to be an uninterrupted event. I have to do the whole thing in one go.
  • PhilKingPhilKing Frets: 1479
    Mine would be Argus by Wishbone Ash.   All the songs on the album are excellent and it takes me back to buying it at lunchtime when I was at college in Bradford and wanting to get out early to play it.
    Wishbone Ash - Argus Expanded Edition - Music

It was a hard choice though.  I really still listen to a lot of albums and some others might have been my favourite on another day (Camel - Camel, No Second Chance - Charlie, Script of the Bridge - Chameleons, Pulse - Pink Floyd, Aqualung - Jethro Tull, Wind Of Change - Peter Frampton, Lie To Me - Jonny Lang, Axis Bold As Love - Jimi Hendrix, Black Sabbath - Black Sabbath ......).
  • PjonPjon Frets: 312
    axisus said:

?

The Trial is mostly Bob Ezrin's work. I feel it would have been better for PF to have played the big final. Would have been a different song. But for me it feels like the band disappears towards the end of the album.  
    That's interesting. I love that album but have always thought that it ends poorly. I hadn't realised that anybody else had been involved in it's creation.