RIP Ric Parnell (Spinal Tap)

What's Hot
KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18385
edited May 2022 in Tributes
Drummer most famous for Atomic Rooster & Spinal Tap.
Legend.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ric_Parnell

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• vasselmeyervasselmeyer Frets: 3665
    Spinal Tap? Did he die in a horrific gardening accident?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11262
    Reading his obituary in the Times today, his father was band leader Jack Parnell and his uncle was the actor/director Val Parnell. 
  • thingthing Frets: 469
    scrumhalf said:
    Reading his obituary in the Times today, his father was band leader Jack Parnell and his uncle was the actor/director Val Parnell. 

Those of us ancient enough to remember Sunday Night at the London Palladium will remember both Jack and Val Parnell.
    This is absurd.  You don’t know what you’re talking about.  It warrants combat.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22516
    thing said:
    scrumhalf said:

Those of us ancient enough to remember Sunday Night at the London Palladium will remember both Jack and Val Parnell.
    The names are vaguely familiar but I don't remember them from TV.  Just Googling, I learned that Val Parnell was in a long-term relationship with Noele Gordon of Crossroads fame, with his wife's consent.  Racy stuff!

https://jhochet.tripod.com/id942.html

• thingthing Frets: 469
    edited May 2022

My rents used to go out on Sunday night and my Uncle Tony used to babysit. It was on from 7.30 to 8.30 and we had to go to bed after that. He used to come round and set the mantel piece clock forward an hour so he could tell us that we'd missed it and it had already been on. This so he could play cards in peace with my Uncle Frank.

Just had a thought for all the budding composers/theory studes out there. Work out the harmony behind the theme tune.

Good luck. :-)

This is absurd.  You don’t know what you’re talking about.  It warrants combat.