SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Sorted: Jazz Bass

UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 12885
edited May 2022 in Basses £
Will be a week or two before I have the funds (need a return at Guitarguitar to clear) but interested in a Jazz bass.

Requirements:

4 strings, fretted, right handed
Traditional jazz setup - two single coils
Passive 

Definite preference for Fender models. The lighter the better. 

Absolutely no sunburst. No Sires (I'm fickle). No bitsas. Would prefer unusual / non standard finishes.

Budget undecided. Your custom shop will be beyond me but could possibly stretch to US Fender. 

I'm in Burntisland, Fife. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• OssyrocksOssyrocks Frets: 1673
    There’s a lovely Fender Vintera Jazz in fire mist gold over on basschat. Very good price too I think.

https://www.basschat.co.uk/topic/463732-fender-60s-vintera-jazz-firemist-gold-price-drop-%C2%A3650/

• UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 12885
    Yeah I saw that one. Very high on the list but not sure how I feel about firemist gold. It looks suspiciously brown in some light... 
  • OssyrocksOssyrocks Frets: 1673
    Yeah I saw that one. Very high on the list but not sure how I feel about firemist gold. It looks suspiciously brown in some light... 
    Maybe it does yes, but still very bonny, and the tort guard goes well with it. I have a Mexican Road Worn Jazz in fiesta red with tort guard. The Mexican basses are really nice.
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14410
    edited May 2022
    Definite preference for Fender models. The lighter the better. 

Would prefer unusual / non standard finishes.

Budget undecided … but could possibly stretch to US Fender. 
    Would a 2012 FSR hand stained American Standard fit the brief?

Lightweight ash body, maple neck, modern radius and fret wire. May have a Hipshot X-Tender / D-Tuner device fitted. (I have not opened the case for a while. The original E 'head will be in there.) 

The stock pickups are on permanent loan to my brother but I could probably wrestle them back. (TBH, the Am Std pickups let the instrument down.) Might be wiser to install something else.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • tachycardia23tachycardia23 Frets: 32
    edited May 2022
    1983-84 G&L SB-2 in Black with maple fretboard? I have one I'd like to move on.

• UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 12885
    Thanks, but think I'm sorted now