Bit of a change from the usual

What's Hot
rlwrlw Frets: 4692

Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• BillDLBillDL Frets: 7162
    Oh, I saw this pop up in the suggested videos while I was randomly browsing YouTube a couple of nights ago at work but I didn't have a chance to watch and listen to it.  I love the basic honest simplicity of the song where it's all about their voices and playing.  No fancy outfits, lighting or stage decor, just them.  I can usually take or leave the more traditional country songs but I love their voices (and accents) and they all play well.  The girl in the blue dress has a voice that reminds me of Nanci Griffith.
  • rlwrlw Frets: 4692
    edited May 2022
    It’s a song that lends itself well to being covered by many genres. I love this version.
  • KilgoreKilgore Frets: 8600
    Enjoyed that. Thanks for posting. As you say, it's a song that lends itself to a wide variety of styles. 

By way of contrast this Sean Rowe version is at the "grittier" end of the spectrum. It's not to everyone's taste, but I like it.

• rlwrlw Frets: 4692
    That is really good.  Also it shows what a simple song it is and the massive scope for embellishment. 

RT has written some utterly brilliant songs but this has to be one of the very best.

For all of the non believers...

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom