5hr Comprehensive study of Allan Holdsworths ideas, patterns, scales, charts & tunings

This video popped up on me on the Unreal Allan Holdsworth facebook group and I think this could be something some people would really find useful, at least as an introduction to Allan's vocabulary. 
I think someone responded later with a meme picturing this video as the new Wall of China/Great Pyramid achievement of humanity lmao. I recommend at least skimming in on a random part of it, and save the vid for later.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7731
    Just skimmed but yeah, impressive work!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CaseOfAceCaseOfAce Frets: 1305
    The One And Only / Chesney Hawkes hit came on the radio the other day - and I was reminded just how skilled a guitarist Nik Kershaw was with THAT Holdsworth style solo.
     No denying the influence there - whammy and legato plus the phrasing...

this guys kinda nails it...

The One & Only - Guitar Solo Cover - YouTube

...she's got Dickie Davies eyes...
  • Bennyboy-UKBennyboy-UK Frets: 1710
    CaseOfAce said:
    The One And Only / Chesney Hawkes hit came on the radio the other day - and I was reminded just how skilled a guitarist Nik Kershaw was with THAT Holdsworth style solo.

Dave is fantastic - very sadly he died earlier this year after a short illness.

Dave did some transcriptions for me of some live solos I wanted to learn over the last couple of years.

He was runner up in Guitarist of the Year competition maybe the year before Guthrie Govan won it - phenomenal guitarist and the nicest guy.
    I'm always looking for interesting USA Hamers for sale.

At the moment I'm looking for:
    * Hamer Watson, SS2, Vintage S, T62.
    * Music Man Luke 1, Luke II

Please drop me a message.
  • grappagreengrappagreen Frets: 1340
    CaseOfAce said:

Dave is fantastic - very sadly he died earlier this year after a short illness.

Dave did some transcriptions for me of some live solos I wanted to learn over the last couple of years.

He was runner up in Guitarist of the Year competition maybe the year before Guthrie Govan won it - phenomenal guitarist and the nicest guy.
    That's mega sad - I recently bought the Alan Murphy style stuff from his site.. how depressing..