Comments

• relic245relic245 Frets: 959
    Wish it was a bit closer I'd be interested in going to that. 

* By a bit I mean by about 200 miles
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ecc83ecc83 Frets: 1627
    If it were in July I would love to take my son, he is coming over from France for his sister's wedding. I would not drive it myself but I am sure I could bribe someone!

It is an even bigger schlep for ICBM which is a pity coz he might JUSt find a Blackstar he likes!

Dave.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9687
    They're doing one at Fairdeal Music in Birmingham on the 16th May as well
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16293
    Toby Lee is doing the FD one as well. I guess that suggests it's not going to be a modern metal type amp. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • GrumpyrockerGrumpyrocker Frets: 4133
    There's an event at PMT Leeds this evening. They've just shown a video of setting up on Facebook. Though the new amps were not shown - I guess they will be unveiled tonight. 

Anyone heard anything about what Blackstar unveiled in Leeds this evening?

• thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9687
    Good spot. From the marketing stuff on social media I had thought it would be some kind of hybrid amp, as they said something about the future of valve amps. But if it's that, then are they saying the future of valve amps is ... Another valve amp? Which has a clean and a gain channel?
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Good spot. From the marketing stuff on social media I had thought it would be some kind of hybrid amp, as they said something about the future of valve amps. But if it's that, then are they saying the future of valve amps is ... Another valve amp? Which has a clean and a gain channel?

Odd isn't it. Unless there's more to it than that. 

• RockerRocker Frets: 4978
    They might have a built in drum machine and an automatic bass generator thingy. 
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5458
    The new Blackstar logo looks a bit cheap 
  • ecc83ecc83 Frets: 1627
    Hmm? The PMT blurb says "light weight", now the only way to make a 50W valve OP stage lighter is to use an SMPS instead of a power transformer.

I DID see some 'things' many years ago...

Dave.
  • StefBStefB Frets: 2350
    edited May 2022
    A quick Google search suggests £999 for the 6L6 head at Bonners, but there's nothing there yet when clicking on the link.

Could be a tough sell at those prices for what, on the face of it, looks like an facelift of and extension to the Artist range, much like Silverline was to the original ID combos.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12663
    edited May 2022
    StefB said:
    A quick Google search suggests £999 for the 6L6 head at Bonners, but there's nothing there yet when clicking on the link.

Could be a tough sell at those prices for what, on the face of it, looks like an facelift of and extension to the Artist range, much like Silverline was to the original ID combos.
    Nope - nothing even remotely similar to the Artist range. All will be revealed tomorrow (17 May) but honestly, I can confirm that  not only is there not a single carried over part from that range (valves aside) but the design is not even in the same ballpark. Its not a re-spin of a previous product *at all*
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• impmannimpmann Frets: 12663
    ecc83 said:
    Hmm? The PMT blurb says "light weight", now the only way to make a 50W valve OP stage lighter is to use an SMPS instead of a power transformer.

Dave.
    Those "things" from many years ago were shelved... as they didn't work properly.

Wait til tomorrow.
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• FuengiFuengi Frets: 2849
    ecc83 said:

Dave.
    That or helium filled cavities? 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72246
    ecc83 said:

It is an even bigger schlep for ICBM which is a pity coz he might JUSt find a Blackstar he likes!
    Controls on top. Fail.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • CaseOfAceCaseOfAce Frets: 1323
    ICBM said:
    ecc83 said:

Controls on top. Fail.
    I've always been a bit sniffy about Blackstar myself - everyone I've tried just seemed dead to me tonewise...

Having said that Waddy Wachtel went on the road with Stevie Nicks using an Artist 30 (after Leslie West recommended them to him) and he cranked channel 1 with master volume to taste.. 

It's the indian not the arrow right?
    ...she's got Dickie Davies eyes...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • allenallen Frets: 706
    Bit of googling yields this

• KalimnaKalimna Frets: 1540
    allen said:
    Bit of googling yields this

I do like those aesthetics. But i need another amp like a hole in the head!