NAD - Freecycle delivers yet again!

What's Hot
57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7338
For the 3rd year in succession, I have snagged a real gem off Freecycle. Year 1 was a 1982 Roland JC50, year 2 a Henrikesen JAZZ Amp and this year (all around same time in year too!) a 1995 Silverstripe Transtube Bandit.

With the anxiety of limited supply of Tubes and their high prices, at least I can fall back on some solid state classics!

Amp tally now at #14...

Oh yeah, the Bandit just needed a good clean and a squirt of Servisol and it looks and functions A1 - just a broken shaft on the LOW on Distortion EQ. I have managed to set the optimum setting with a bradawl, so may leave it, but if anyone has advice for a replacement pot then please shout.

<Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

Comments

• DodgeDodge Frets: 1435
    Score!

Well done.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VinylfanVinylfan Frets: 33
    Great score! 
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 9610
    Crikey, is Freecycle still a thing? I only ever gave stuff away on it, including an all-laminate £100 Washburn acoustic to a young lad studying music tech, who was over the moon with it. Gave me a nice warm feeling.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2160
    Ha ha you should meet my mate Simo.

He got divorced and although owns two rental properties. He lives in a tiny flat in South Kensington in order to be near his sons. But the upshot of this is what his neighbours throw out.

So far he’s had a racing bike, an IMac with box and also a HH IC100 combo like the ones Wilko Johnson used to use. His favourite catchphrase is “Jah will provide” ;)
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GreatapeGreatape Frets: 3542
    jeztone2 said:
    Ha ha you should meet my mate Simo.

He got divorced and although owns two rental properties. He lives in a tiny flat in South Kensington in order to be near his sons. But the upshot of this is what his neighbours throw out.

So far he’s had a racing bike, an IMac with box and also a HH IC100 combo like the ones Wilko Johnson used to use. His favourite catchphrase is “Jah will provide” ;)
    Seems Jah is listening to him.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72307
    I'm pretty sure I have the correct pot and knob for this - I have a dead Transtube Rage that was beyond economic repair (blown power IC and speaker) that I've had a few parts from already.

PM me your address :).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18729
    Crikey, is Freecycle still a thing? I only ever gave stuff away on it, including an all-laminate £100 Washburn acoustic to a young lad studying music tech, who was over the moon with it. Gave me a nice warm feeling.
     Not judging, but how you feel toward young lads is not the best basis for charity...  ;)