Audient Evo 16

What's Hot
I'd have said a successor to the ID44, however the 44 is still more expensive and obviously has way less I/O.

Thoughts?

I'd think it would make some good I/O expansion for an ID44 or smaller ID series as pickings are surprisingly slim in this price range for dedicated 8 physical ins and outs

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Macca_25387Macca_25387 Frets: 86
    I use a couple pieces of Audient kit and i can never speak highly enough of them. This looks like a really good piece of kit for the money. Few years ago when i got into recording more this would have been ideal for me and my band. 
  • tekbowtekbow Frets: 1699
    edited May 2022
    I use a couple pieces of Audient kit and i can never speak highly enough of them. This looks like a really good piece of kit for the money. Few years ago when i got into recording more this would have been ideal for me and my band. 

My ID44 is great, but that's what I'm not getting. Its £407 at Andertons, the EVO16 is £400 rrp according to music radar.

The EVO has twice the physical ins and outs, a screen and one knob control, plus all the ADAT ins/outs, so how is it so cheap as compared to the ID44.

I mean I would totally buy it and slave it to the ID44 via ADAT Because I wanted more ins and outs anyway, but its seems like a more top of the range package.
  • IMC1980IMC1980 Frets: 145
    edited May 2022
    tekbow said:

The EVO has twice the physical ins and outs, a screen and one knob control, plus all the ADAT ins/outs, so how is it so cheap as compared to the ID44.
    Probably cheaper converters, mic pres, casing and other components than the ID44 to keep costs down (how much you would actually notice an impact on sound though would be interesting to find out).

If I didn't already have an ID22 and no real need for anymore that 2 inputs at once, I would be having one of these! They look like great bits of kit and the auto gain feature is very cool, I would like to see a video on this feature being used to mic a drummer. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2082
    IMC1980 said:
    tekbow said:

Probably cheaper converters, mic pres, casing and other components than the ID44 to keep costs down (how much you would actually notice an impact on sound though would be interesting to find out).

If I didn't already have an ID22 and no real need for anymore that 2 inputs at once, I would be having one of these! They look like great bits of kit and the auto gain feature is very cool, I would like to see a video on this feature being used to mic a drummer. 
    I think Warren Huart has done a vid recording a whole band including a kit.

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
  • IMC1980IMC1980 Frets: 145
    spark240 said:
    IMC1980 said:
    tekbow said:

I think Warren Huart has done a vid recording a whole band including a kit.
    Cheers @spark240 - I'll go and have a look for it on AdTube
  • Macca_25387Macca_25387 Frets: 86
    Normally Audient make a point of the mic pre’s being the same as their console pre’s in the ID range, there’s isn’t any mention of it in the EVO range so that’s maybe where the differ. The 44 is a great bit of kit if you’re fancying one. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • tekbowtekbow Frets: 1699
    Normally Audient make a point of the mic pre’s being the same as their console pre’s in the ID range, there’s isn’t any mention of it in the EVO range so that’s maybe where the differ. The 44 is a great bit of kit if you’re fancying one. 

Ive got a 44 already, although this would be nice expansion for it.
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    I have the evo4, if they can make, distribute and sell that for £89, then it’s not a leap that an 8in/out version costs £400.

It’s a really good bit of kit, ridiculous for the money and the auto-gain function works a treat.
    Soon up sale as I do need a bit more in/out, but this new one would be overkill.
  • tekbow said:

Ive got a 44 already, although this would be nice expansion for it.
    I expanded mine with the Asp 880 through adat. Picked one up second hand. 
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4684

I have the Evo 4 and the preamps sound great.  I would buy the 16 without hesitating if I didn’t already have a Zoom Livetrack L12 for more tracks.