• robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    As real as Johnson's "work meetings"
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • markjmarkj Frets: 914
    Yes fake.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • rocktronrocktron Frets: 806
    edited May 2022
    The colour of the control knobs do not look right to me (darker), but of course they could look different due to the camera and lighting, etc. The upper "lip" on the headstock looks too pronounced - it needs to be slightly flatter. The nut doesn't look set perfectly square - although it could be a replacement (again, due to camera angle perhaps, but it should still be square between the fretboard and headstock).

I must say that the Chibson manufacturers are getting closer and closer to the real thing.

Soon, they will be able to iron out the inconsistencies and clone one accurately.  
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72316
    Totally fake, and obviously so if you're familiar with the real thing - but worryingly, they are starting to get a lot of the "tells" correct now, at least in description terms... as was predicted some time ago. This means that there's more danger for those who don't know why things like the pickup rings and bridge are clearly wrong.

For example, no large slotted bridge posts as HarrySeven said. In fact, it's actually surprising that they *haven't* done the binding nibs, since many Chibsons now have them, and it's one of the more well-known ones.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• DavusPGDavusPG Frets: 451
    ICBM said:
    Totally fake, and obviously so if you're familiar with the real thing - but worryingly, they are starting to get a lot of the "tells" correct now
    Presumably they've already perfected the art of mimicking the genuine article's QC flaws?!