Three New Universal Audio pedals!

What's Hot
SquareheadedfreakSquareheadedfreak Frets: 375
edited May 2022 in FX

Certainly interested in the Dream 65' ! May replace my Reverberator if the reverbs as good!

naly 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• allenallen Frets: 707
    Crikey!

Does this seem like they are taking the mickey by not putting all 3 models into one pedal?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17589
    tFB Trader
    allen said:
    Crikey!

Does this seem like they are taking the mickey by not putting all 3 models into one pedal?

People keep buying really expensive digital pedals with one algo so people keep making them.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • allen said:
    Crikey!

Why when they can charge £399 independently! 

Tbh they could of done that with the last 3 they released as all modeler digital based, but then far less money for them!

Tbh if they are half as good as the last few i'll probably have a dabble, their last 3 are on my board, just wish they had Midi to get some extra presets saved. But still better than the boss 500's and strymons i've had
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2324
    Christ. Not cheap. Lots of expensive products coming out even during difficult financial times. 
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16293
    A week or so away until summer NAMM and not everyone is as skint as the British. 
    I thought their previous three pedals had a bit of a lukewarm reception but they seem to still be in production and now these. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26927
    I'm sure they're great but I'll stick with my HX Stomp. I'm still keen to try a Starlight delay, mind you.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16293
    6 demoes on my YouTube subscriptions so far! 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • BintyTwanger77BintyTwanger77 Frets: 2218
    No headphone input, which is a bit of a shame.
  • SeziertischSeziertisch Frets: 1287
    When I first saw these I thought they would be competition for the Iridium, but seemingly aimed at a slightly different market
  • SeziertischSeziertisch Frets: 1287
    When I first saw these I thought they would be competition for the Iridium, but seemingly aimed at a slightly different market
    Just listend to the Andy/Reverb demo and I have to say they sound great.
  • ColWilkieColWilkie Frets: 144
    Presets now available in the UAFX app for the previous 3 pedals. Needs an update and trying it on my Golden Reverberator now. Not midi, and not that handy if you need to change on the app. But still thought I’d mention it in case anyone was interested. 
  • ColWilkieColWilkie Frets: 144
    Actually it’s quite cool. Automatically added a load of factory and artist presets.  
  • NickBNickB Frets: 238
    There is a down side to these pedals. You can’t assign the virtual cab to one output and use the other output (without virtual cab) to a power amp and cab for stage monitoring. On this basis they don’t  work for me. I understand that you can do this with the Strymon Iridium and you certainly can do it with the HX Stomp. 
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2324
    Just buy a HX stomp....
  • BintyTwanger77BintyTwanger77 Frets: 2218
    edited May 2022
    Just buy a HX stomp....
    Some people don't get on with Line6 products.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • susbemolsusbemol Frets: 397
    Just buy a HX stomp....
    Some people don't get on with Line6 products.
    Or like the sound of their modelling.
  • AdamskiAdamski Frets: 1278
    These are very interesting. To me, I think this is THE best any digital amp sim has ever sounded. I’ve had a Helix, tried a Tonemaster and have a Kemper. The things I’m hearing on the YouTube demos are far and away superior. I’ll have to try one in person but even with their shortcomings, if they do indeed sound that good, either the Dream or the Ruby are very high on my wanted list, in fact virtually a must have. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • AdamskiAdamski Frets: 1278
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    edited May 2022
    Makes sense as a halfway house between a traditional rig and full modelling setup. You could take your normal board and go straight to PA. I could have done with something like this on the toilet circuit back in the day
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11446
    I do like the look of these.  I have an Iridium, and it's very good, but it doesn't have a tweed style.  My "real" amp is a Lazy J which sounds great on the edge of breakup.  The cleans are warmer than a Blackface style amp.  I would like to try the Woodrow.

The Dream is tempting as well though.  The mod switch seems to give it a few more options than the Round amp on the Iridium.