Salty Robot

What's Hot
dindudedindude Frets: 8537
Haven’t really recorded anything for around 6 years since my kids were born and took over. Have been trying to get back in and this was a test of a simple workflow, using Novation Circuit tracks and Cubasis on iPad. Didn’t expect this to come out, not a guitar in sight, I’ve been listening to too much Kavinsky I think.

https://soundcloud.app.goo.gl/Mp3id7EbAH6qkzT29

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Placidcasual79Placidcasual79 Frets: 981
    edited May 2022
    dindude said:
    Haven’t really recorded anything for around 6 years since my kids were born and took over. Have been trying to get back in and this was a test of a simple workflow, using Novation Circuit tracks and Cubasis on iPad. Didn’t expect this to come out, not a guitar in sight, I’ve been listening to too much Kavinsky I think.

https://soundcloud.app.goo.gl/Mp3id7EbAH6qkzT29

Mate!!! This is GOOD stuff - love the name and the idea of the track - I really like the 'attitude' or timbre of the vocal and now it relates to the lyrical content - I think bump this up just a few BPM's, add a little percussive break and maybe a bit of an acid bass line/appreggio and you've got a hit....

Will you do more? How did you find the work flow?
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    Cheers for giving it a listen. Good suggestions. Tbh it was a bit of a joke test, but I might spend a little more time on it. Guitar led recording is usually my thing. Really liking the workflow of the Circuit Tracks combined with Cubasis - I don’t have much time so this is simple but still pretty powerful set up. 
  • BezzerBezzer Frets: 585
    I like this a lot, that's great! Kind of agree it needs a bit more in the low end but otherwise ... top work.

And now I am wondering what pancakes taste like, and I hate you a little bit for that ha ha
    Bezzer said:
    I like this a lot, that's great! Kind of agree it needs a bit more in the low end but otherwise ... top work.

And now I am wondering what pancakes taste like, and I hate you a little bit for that ha ha
    Thanks dude appreciate you listening and the feedback 
  • flying_pieflying_pie Frets: 1816
    I thought the last minute off the track was brilliant...

I'd also go with what the others said. More low end ( +/- optional industrial metal guitars)  and you're sorted.

Are you doing the vocal or is it sampled?
  • DannyPDannyP Frets: 1676
    Love it! Well done.
    I thought the last minute off the track was brilliant...

I'd also go with what the others said. More low end ( +/- optional industrial metal guitars)  and you're sorted.

Are you doing the vocal or is it sampled?
    Vocals was done with a text to speech thingy, then mangled through filters, eq, phaser etc.
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3307
    Cleverly done, Dan and I like the idea of industrial metal guitars or something ambient.

Nice one and different :)
  • flying_pieflying_pie Frets: 1816
    dindude said:

Vocals was done with a text to speech thingy, then mangled through filters, eq, phaser etc.

Brilliant idea. Sounds perfect for the track too
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17605
    edited June 2022 tFB Trader
    Minor necrobump, but great work on this!

Love the Circuit Tracks.
    Minor necrobump, but great work on this!

Love the Circuit Tracks.
    Cheers Monq, you’ve just reminded me that I need to do some tweaks to finish off the track. 
    edited April 2023
    A year later and I’ve finally managed to add a baseline as suggested by those who gave it a listen and a bit of mastering sprinkle.

https://on.soundcloud.com/8hb7xewTBzbJq6fQA

Or for fun (my kids are delighted they can ask Alexa to play my song!) search for Salty Robot on your favourite streaming platform, listen here and I might get £0.0003.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • great bass and arpeggiated motif, that closing line regarding pancakes....lol
    Cheers for the listen. Here’s the Spotify link if anyone’s interested

https://spotify.link/dreg2pEUXyb