Suggestions for Tele bridge pickup to complement gold foil neck

What's Hot
EvanEvan Frets: 326
I’ve just fitted a Mojo Teisco gold foil voiced traditional Tele neck size pickup in my Tele - partscaster and although it sounds great and I love it, it doesn’t really play nicely with the Seymour Duncan quarter pounder in the bridge. The QP is much louder and in the middle position, unless I have the Mojo set really low (too low) I don’t get a snappy middle position sound. 

I’d appreciate any suggestions for a bridge pickup that’ll pair nicely with the wonderful open and acoustic like qualities of the Mojo. 

Thanks in advance.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14229
    tFB Trader
    A black guard 50's Nocaster in the bridge is always #1 IMO - various options/builders - Bite, grunt, grit, body, twang - To many other options are to thin/scratchy/spikey  - With a good vol pot you can control the bridge p/up as required from full on to chilled
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FuengiFuengi Frets: 2850
    I have an Oil City Broadcaster style Custom bridge pickup for sale which would suit it. 
  • CorvusCorvus Frets: 2925
    tFB Trader
    I used a Mojo 52 to pair with a Filtertron-size Goldfoil, it's a great match. Different GF pickup to yours of course but level and character-wise these sit together very nicely. No special height compromises needed. 

• EvanEvan Frets: 326
    Fuengi said:
    I have an Oil City Broadcaster style Custom bridge pickup for sale which would suit it. 
    Duly noted.
    Corvus said:
    I used a Mojo 52 to pair with a Filtertron-size Goldfoil, it's a great match. Different GF pickup to yours of course but level and character-wise these sit together very nicely. No special height compromises needed. 

Interesting, I’ll look into that. The Mojo gold foil “flavoured” pickup I have sounds very close to the “real” gold foils I’ve heard.
  • NeilybobNeilybob Frets: 770
    Sorry to bring back to life an oldish post but I'm in the same boat as you was @Evan ;

I've got an Esquire with SD Quarter Pounder in the bridge but I want to put a Mojo gold foil in the neck. 

What was your outcome please? 
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72321
    I would go for a 60s-style (not 50s, or Broadcaster) Tele pickup. Less mids and output will match the Gold Foil much better.

With apologies to those selling 50s/Broadcaster type pickups :).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited July 2022
    Neilybob said:
    Sorry to bring back to life an oldish post but I'm in the same boat as you was @Evan ;;;;;

I've got an Esquire with SD Quarter Pounder in the bridge but I want to put a Mojo gold foil in the neck. 

I chose an unusual route - I bought a Gemini Suprocaster Telecaster pickup, which has sort of turned it into a Coodercaster. It’s his take on the old Valco pedal steel pickup. I think it’s a good combo.

• WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5419
    I have a Novo Serus T with a Lollar GF (which is based on a Teisco) in the neck. The bridge is a Fralin Tele pickup of some description - I’m not sure the exact model but it is a blackguard style with flat pole pieces. It works very well. 

Novo doesn’t do that config anymore but I think the reason is just that they no longer mix and match suppliers on individual guitars. If you want a Lollar GF you get a Lollar bridge. I really love the almost “3D”sound of the Fralin though, it just sounds massive on its own and in the middle position has a very unique sound that’s not like anything else. 
    Evan said:
    Neilybob said:
    Sorry to bring back to life an oldish post but I'm in the same boat as you was @Evan ;;;;;

I chose an unusual route - I bought a Gemini Suprocaster Telecaster pickup, which has sort of turned it into a Coodercaster. It’s his take on the old Valco pedal steel pickup. I think it’s a good combo.

Just remembered that Marc from Mojo recommended the Mojo 52 Tele bridge pickup as a complement to the gold foil.