NGD: PJE Macon

What's Hot
zerolightzerolight Frets: 85
Well, not quite NGD - I've had it a couple of weeks now, and have bonded with this like no other. It just fits my hand better than any guitar I've owned. Sounds spectacular. Light as a feather. Amazing neck. I'm smitten.

0reaction image LOL 24reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SlopeSoarerSlopeSoarer Frets: 823
    It's a lovely feeling when you bond... enjoy:-)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • drpbierdrpbier Frets: 226
    The man knows his stuff. I've got my second on order. This reminds me of an old cello. Enjoy!
  • zerolightzerolight Frets: 85
    Thx guys
  • joeWjoeW Frets: 462
    Is it the beefy neck profile?  I have often wondered if I’d find them too big, but so many folk say they are amazing.  
    It’s a stunning guitar - may you enjoy it for years to come 
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6130
    tFB Trader
    absolutely incredible... such a beautiful looking guitar. 

Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 11631
    I'm not a LP fan, but that's the second PJE I've seen on this forum inside a week that's made me go 'wow'.  Stunning looking guitar and somehow the quality oozes off the screen just from those photos.  Sublime - you lucky sod!
  • Shes a stunner! I've got 10 months to wait for mine, got any close ups of the neck binding? I'm tempted to add it to mine
  • BlueStratBlueStrat Frets: 966
    Worthy of a Wow! That's absolutely stunnning.
    Some guys have posted some awesome guitars on here but there aren't many to rival this - congrats!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13568
      got any close ups of the neck binding? 
    is it maple ? 
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24801
    Absolutely gorgeous looking guitar!
    Thanks folks. Yes, that's a maple top - it's Eastern Maple, so it is super reflective and changes colour with lighting and depth of flame depending on where you look - in the hands, where it matters, it looks exceptional. The neck is the full C or fat C or whatever he calls it. It is very fat, but the shoulders are really well rounded that it is just so comfy - I'm a thumb over the neck onto the fingerboard kinda guy, and it is easier and more comfortable to do that on my Macon vs my US Pro II strat, and much easier than on the PRS wide thin I traded.

I'll grab a picture of the binding @Squareheadedfreak - it's very nicely done, and to me gives it that les Paul vibe.
    edited May 2022

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • andy1839andy1839 Frets: 2197
    Lovely.  I definitely prefer yours to mine. Love the inlays and neck binding.
  • SvennnSvennn Frets: 146
    I keep telling myself I cannot live with the headstock. Pat wasn't too impressed when I said the same to him but if I came across one as nice as this I think I would buckle. Looks fabulous and all the ones I have played have been stellar so colour me jealous.
    9-42 thru 11-56 depending on my mood
  • zerolight said:
    Thanks folks. Yes, that's a maple top - it's Eastern Maple, so it is super reflective and changes colour with lighting and depth of flame depending on where you look - in the hands, where it matters, it looks exceptional. The neck is the full C or fat C or whatever he calls it. It is very fat, but the shoulders are really well rounded that it is just so comfy - I'm a thumb over the neck onto the fingerboard kinda guy, and it is easier and more comfortable to do that on my Macon vs my US Pro II strat, and much easier than on the PRS wide thin I traded.

I'll grab a picture of the binding @Squareheadedfreak - it's very nicely done, and to me gives it that les Paul vibe.

Ahh that bindings exquisite, I think I will have to add it to mine!
    edited May 2022
    Svennn said:
    I keep telling myself I cannot live with the headstock. Pat wasn't too impressed when I said the same to him but if I came across one as nice as this I think I would buckle. Looks fabulous and all the ones I have played have been stellar so colour me jealous.
    I thought that too. But you know, in the flesh, it looks just right. In photos and videos (maybe it's the camera lens) it looks long and narrow. A more subtle logo and slightly less bump would be nice, but it is fine. It's much nicer and less sticky than the R9 I used to own, despite the headstock. And for someone who owned a Tyler for years, headstock is something easy to get over.
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24267
    That's very lovely.

I'm not aware of the brand but I like it.
  • LewyLewy Frets: 4193
    edited May 2022

It's Patrick Eggle innit
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13568
    edited May 2022
    tis a very lovely thing indeed,   'cept the headstock................ sorry............... 

Lewy said:

It's Patrick Eggle innit
    that'd be PEI surely 

;)
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5018
    Looks lovely, beautiful flame, enjoy. I’m not mad about the headstock and personally think that ‘proper’ Les Paul inlays would look better, but then again I am officially an old fart and a traditionalist!  :)
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom