Same guitar different colour

What's Hot
maltingsaudiomaltingsaudio Frets: 3097
Trying to get my head round this, my Musicman silhouette which I’ve owned for 25 years is just perfect, done hundreds of gigs with it and is firm no1 along with my Eggle. So why when I spy a Musicman Silhouette of virtually exactly the same vintage and spec but unusual colour do I think yes I want that?
www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• merlinmerlin Frets: 6594
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • simonhpiemansimonhpieman Frets: 681
    Ha, I was that guy for a while.

Me: owns Jagaur

Also me: sees Jaguar in other colour on internet

Me: Thinks "I'm the Jaguar guy, I should buy that!"

New me: Remembers I already own Jaguar and goes to sleep on pile of money*

*Story may be slightly embellished
    8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • abw1989abw1989 Frets: 635
    My rack of five Les Pauls is laughing at you.

No, wait....
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22515
    Hmm, I have quite a few examples of same guitar, different colour, past and present.  The more I think about it, the more I remember.  There've been loads.
  • TeflonTeflon Frets: 221
    I love my Burns Marvin. Not long after buying it, I spotted a Burns Legend in red. It's essentially the same guitar, but before the rights to the Marvin name were re-acquired.  I gave it some serious thought, before deciding it would be daft to spend good money on what was essentially the same instrument in a different colour/trim scheme.    Then I bought it.  Followed not long after by a blue burst version, oh, and another in white with different scratch plate and neck colour.  ;)

At the end of the day, you like what you like, and life's too short to worry  =).
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26743
    I've generally managed to avoid this; I like guitars that sound different, so while I do have 2 Teles they couldn't be much further apart (1 trad SS with maple, one 25" scale, thin line La Cab with rosewood). 

I would like a maple-board Strat though - missed out on a perfect Danocaster in last night's release :(
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • droflufdrofluf Frets: 3611
    I once bought a new bike the same colour as one of my others in an attempt to sneak it in under the radar. 

So to turn the question round: who’s bought a different guitar that’s the same colour as one of their current ones?
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22515
    drofluf said:
    So to turn the question round: who’s bought a different guitar that’s the same colour as one of their current ones?
    I've got a "set" of LP Juniors and Specials, all in TV White.  I don't have a Mrs Radar to sneak it under though.
  • droflufdrofluf Frets: 3611
    edited May 2022
    Philly_Q said:
    drofluf said:
    I've got a "set" of LP Juniors and Specials, all in TV White.  I don't have a Mrs Radar to sneak it under though.
    I don't really either. Or rather I do but I don't need to sneak stuff in under the radar
  • maltingsaudiomaltingsaudio Frets: 3097
    drofluf said:
    Philly_Q said:
    drofluf said:
    I don't really either. Or rather I do but I don't need to sneak stuff in under the radar
    Fortunately Mrs M is a guitar fan and player, unfortunately she doesn’t like the colour of my prospective new girlfriend!
    www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 4079
    drofluf said:
    I once bought a new bike the same colour as one of my others in an attempt to sneak it in under the radar. 

That’s a brilliantly cunning plan