SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Price Drop FS/FT High spec Gordon Smith SG2 Custom Metalic Satin Mint Green. Excellent condition.

What's Hot
PlankspankerPlankspanker Frets: 14
edited June 2022 in Guitars £
Had this custom made during Covid lockdown to my own spec.

I was very specific about wanting Verdoro Green metalic to remember a lost loved one and his precious Pontiac Firebird. For unknown reasons Gordon Smith finished it in a very vibrant choc chip mint green instead. Fabulous colour and finish but not what I wanted, Suffice to say fickle as we guitar payers can be. I've never really bonded with it, though it looks, plays and sounds fab.
Mahogany body and neck, dark Rosewood fingerboard, bound neck and headstock. Gotoh locking tuners, Gotoh bridge, USA Bigsby, Towner bar (can be converted back to a stop bar no extra holes) Monty's mini humbuckers. Comes with a new brown gator fitted case with oo er pink inside fluff and satin cover sheet. Photo's don't do the colour justice.

£1200 or will trade for a Gibson Firebird or try me with interesting guitars ( sorry no pointy shredders thanks)

Wantage, Oxon

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• RevMattRevMatt Frets: 834
    That is so cool, and I love the colour (but like you said, not what you ordered).
  • mmm, I had the same issue with a recent Gordon Smith too, ordered a chocolately roasted flamed neck & got an anemic white flamed neck & told I was incorrect & it was roasted.

In the same vein, couldnt bond with it and sold it within 6 months when it was intended as a long term keeper. Was a boat anchor too! 10.5lb tele!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Rich31kRich31k Frets: 788
    mmm, I had the same issue with a recent Gordon Smith too, ordered a chocolately roasted flamed neck & got an anemic white flamed neck & told I was incorrect & it was roasted.

In the same vein, couldnt bond with it and sold it within 6 months when it was intended as a long term keeper. Was a boat anchor too! 10.5lb tele!
    That wasn’t a flamed red one was it? There was a tele with a neck just like you describe at GuitarGuitar. Was told it was 10.5lbs when I enquired. 

Sorry to derail the fs thread. The SG looks great. And my experience with new Gordon Smith guitars is that they are extremely well made. GLWTS
  • Rich31k said:
    mmm, I had the same issue with a recent Gordon Smith too, ordered a chocolately roasted flamed neck & got an anemic white flamed neck & told I was incorrect & it was roasted.

That wasn’t a flamed red one was it? There was a tele with a neck just like you describe at GuitarGuitar. Was told it was 10.5lbs when I enquired. 

Sorry to derail the fs thread. The SG looks great. And my experience with new Gordon Smith guitars is that they are extremely well made. GLWTS

No it was double bound with a royal ebony top.

Apologies for going off topic!