Introduce Yourself

What's Hot

Comments

• MellishMellish Frets: 945
    @lightningsmith ; - Hello and welcome to TFB. There's help if you need it (Admins/Mods are in New Members). Enjoy :) 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Hi all,

I’m Neil, 49, and live in Elgin, Scotland. I’m English and married to a Welsh woman so we’re properly multi cultural. 

I love playing guitar and a bit of drums, cycling, camping, travelling and taking my dog for walks.

My best bit of gear changes frequently, but a great drive pedal is essential for me; at the moment that’s an Origin Revival Drive Hot Rod. 

Thanks for letting this reprobate join your group. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    @neilgregson ; - Hi mate, welcome to TFB. If you get stuck, Admins/Mods are here in New Members or you can scroll down to Help & Feedback, detail what you're having trouble with and members will help you out. Enjoy! :) 
  • Ghost_RiderGhost_Rider Frets: 1
    edited April 2022

<>

edited April 2022
    @Ghost_Rider ; - Hi! Welcome toTFB.  . Just in case you don't know, Admins/Mods can be found in New Members if you need help. Have fun!  
  • stuarthrstuarthr Frets: 1

Q1:  Where did you username come from?

It's basically my name and initials.

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you?

Middle of England, not far from Stratford-upon-Avon.

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition?

To be in a blues band - for some reason I always end up in jazz and indie bands.

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one?

Although I have some high end guitars, my favourite at the moment is an Ibanez Artcore AF55 which I bought new at a guitar fair for £199.

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one?

I'll See You in My Dreams, Django.

@stuarthr ; - Hi and welcome to TFB :). You'll find plenty to read  and comment on. Or you have the option to start a new thread. If you need help, Admins/Mods are in New Members :) 
  • TobyBTobyB Frets: 13
    Morning all
    My name is Toby, I’m 47 and live in Hampshire . I’ve been playing guitar since I was about 15 but up until my late 30s it was mostly acoustic, and  then I fell into the rabbit hole of electric guitars and all the gear that goes with it :)

1. My username is my name
    2. I’m from Hampshire 
    3. My musical ambition is to play a gig a few times a year and get as good as I çan
    4. I bought my dream guitar a few years ago , a rock n roll relics lightning model
    5. My number one guitar track is probably Down By The River by Neil young  

do i pass :)
    @TobyB ; welcome to TFB :). Hope you'll chime in and maybe even start your own thread. Admins/Mods are in New Members if you get stuck, just click on one and send your PM. Enjoy :) 
  • luckylucky Frets: 19

Hi Guys!

It's a username I've used elsewhere from a time when I was an optimist 

Nottingham ish 

To play well enough to justify buying more guitars 

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear?

I don't know if it's best but my Fender Prodigy has become my go-to guitar and apparently they're worth money now 

Q5:  Your #1 ever track?

Changes every week but for now it's Once More for the Ocean by Slothrust 

@lucky ; Hi and welcome to TFB :). You'll find lots to read, comment on, even start your own thread if you want. And if you get stuck, Admins dmins/Mods are in New Members :) 
  • swillerswiller Frets: 1204
    Hi, doing the right thing before i post elsewhere.
    50 yrs old and always had guitars, but played more in my youth, but finances mean i can spend reasonably on 2 lifers. les paul style and 1 strat style. Went for the non v eastman sb59 to tick the les paul box and very happy that one is crossed off the list. 
    Previously owned over the years...
    1979 les paul custom - owned 1989-1989 - Straight trade for a USA 1988 strat. 
    USA Strat - see above. Owned from 1987/8-1989. Massive bass/mid punch which i cant find on strats these days. Might have been the AC30s that it was played through. But USA strat of that era on my shortlist for a lifer.
    60s Vox ac30 - had a few different ones (me (15) and brother (17)) between 1987 and 1990, inc top boost blue speakered. 4 in and out over 3 years for all the right reasons. Trading at 100-150 ATT. 
    PRS CE 24 2012 - Bought this as an "only guitar" needed. Good but no soul. Not as good a player as USA strat, 79 paul or current eastman sb59. Model was custom apart from flashy patterned flames and bird inlays and bolt on. Same woods, pickups, pots. 
    Classic vibe telecaster 60s. 2013-15. Sold with no loss and my bro (prof guitarist)  loved it. 
    Squire Jap strat JV - owned 1986-1988 - replaced by the USA strat. Bro loved it, i much preferred the USA 1988 when it replaced it. More in common with vintage strats than the USA, but the USA boomed/twanged better.
    Current:
    Classic vibe 60s strat 2013-14. Not a great guitar and will get sold on when the lifer strat gets bought. Sounds tinny but vintage, even with a set of 62 USA pickups in it. Stock kind of sounded better.
    Eastman SB59 - A biblically good guitar and ticks the lifer box for sure and a complete bargain anywhere south of £2k. Way better sound/soul than my 1979 custom gib and a significantly better instrument than all of those mentioned above. 
    Great forum. Loving the classifieds. See you about the boards.
    :)

Dont worry, be silly.
    @swiller ; hello mate :). You'll probably already know your way around TFB so just to welcome you and hope you'll stick around :+1:
  • Celts88Celts88 Frets: 18
    edited April 2022

Hi All

Sorry I hadn't seen this thread before I did my first post. 

Celtic Football Club and were founded in 1888

Perth / Australia, moved here 34 years ago from Scotland

To enjoy myself on my learning journey, and to become semi-reasonable with the instruments I own (setting the bar low here on purpose s )

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear?

Lowden S35 12 Fret Cedar / Walnut (photo below)

MacLellan GHB's Cocobolo sticks with Bronze ferrules and imitation Jade buttons (photo below)

Q5:  Your #1 ever track?

Anarchy in the UK - Sex Pistols

I like all kinds of music from Rock / Pop / Country / Classical, etc., etc. and I'm always getting told off by my kids "what's that rubbish you've put on now Dad" 

Lowden S35 12 Fret, Cedar / Walnut (2021)
     Taylor 914ce Ltd, Sinker / EIR (2020)
     Taylor 410ce, Sitka / Ovangkol (2006)
    @Celts88 ; Hi and welcome to TFB. We've met on the forum before ;). That's a nice guitar you've got there.................................................... If you get stuck, you'll find Adnins/Mods listed in New Members. So, read, post and enjoy (I'll give you a wis for joining) :) 
  • Hallo! I'm Chris, 42 from Brixham in South Devon. My username comes from the song title "Night of the Thumpasaurus Peoples" by Parliament. My main musical ambition is actually to become a decent bass player. My best bit of gear is my 2012 Fender USA Std Jazz Bass in Candy Cola. It's sexy as hell. #1 tune, ever? Superfly by Curtis Mayfield is up there.
    @Thumpasaurus ; Hi! Welcome to TFB. Hope to see you posting. Admins/Mods are listed in New Members if you get stuck :) 
  • Hi guys and gals, but probably mostly guys :)

I am Sorin Popovici, 40 years old and been playing since I was 16 years old. I am from Romania, but currently working in London for about a year. 

I am interested in blues, jazz, rock and used to be interested in classical and flamenco guitar. My treasure right is a Two Rock CRS and an SVL strat. Yeap, Matt Schofield fan. 

Nice to meet you all.

Cheers,
    Sorin

@pacodelucia13 ; Hi and welcome to TFB :). Plenty to read, comment on and even start your own thread if you want. If you need help, post in Help & and Feedback or contact Admins/Mods who you'll find listed in New Members :) 
  • Thanks @Mellish ; 

Forgot to add something, my name is pacodelucia13 cause this is my first email on yahoo probably somewhere in 2000s and I was quite a big Paco De Lucia fan back then (still am) and I am born on the 13th, also pacodelucia was already taken :/