Introduce Yourself

What's Hot

Comments

• MellishMellish Frets: 945
    edited April 2022
    @pacodelucia13 ; you can edit your Introduce Yourself post if you wish to add. To the upper right of your post you'll see a black cog. Tap it, tap "edit", now you can go in and add/delete. When done, scroll down and tap "save message"  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Hi, I may have introduced myself back in the first lockdown, but haven't been online since.

My username is based on how smooth I make my potatoes compared to my gf, and it's kind of stuck as a reference to my playing style of a mixture of smooth and mashing away like a toddler.

I'm based in Manchester

My musical aims are to play as many of my favourite tracks, jam with other musicians and have fun along the way.

My best bit of gear is probably my Eastman sb59

My #1 trick is....I'll have to get back to you on that
    @Smoothmash ; Hi and welcome :)

If you get stuck and need help, Admins/Mods are listed in New Members.

Hope to see you posting. Enjoy! :) 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MatybigfroMatybigfro Frets: 0

Q1:  Where did you username come from?
    I've had it since I was teenager, I had a big afro at the time

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you?
    Bristol, UK

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition?
    Write a solo album one day

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one?
    Fender Jazz Bass - love it

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one?
    impossible to name just one

@Matybigfro ; welcome to TFB :). If you get stuck, post what the problem is in Help & Feedback or PM Admins/Mods. They're listed in New Members. Enjoy! :) 
  • JohnnySagJohnnySag Frets: 2
    Hey folks, I thought I'd quickly say hi, as to keep some courtesy. I kind of hate the internet these days and really needed to find a normal forum, like its 2006 again you know. And this one seems simplistic enough, but with a lot of knowledgeable content posted.
    I live now in Cologne,  Germany. Sometimes I wish I was in the UK so I could maybe get closer friends or join a more "legit music scene"(lol) but Brexit kind of scrapped the easy way to move there for me. And I heard expats are struggling there.

I've played guitar for maybe 13 years or sth, started singing 5 years ago, also played drums as a teenager.
    Im trying to blend space rock vibes with nwobhm or whatever it seems to be and I play mostly strats. Probably spend more time messing around then learning stuff cuz it tends to drive me nuts, I need a therapist lol.

Ok that's ok for now. Cheeeers
    @JohnnySag ; Hi and welcome to TFB. Hope to see you posting, joining in and even starting threads yourself.
    If you need help, Admins/Mods are listed in New Members, just pick one and send a personal message (PM). Enjoy! :) 
  • Brek01Brek01 Frets: 7
    edited May 2022
    TTony said:

Q1:  School Nickname 'Brek'

Q2:  Frozen North UK

Q3:  To make it sing through my JCM2000 DSL50

Q4:  Gibson Les Paul Murphy Lab 1958 light  aged

Q5:  Pretty Vacant - got some real attitude and some nice blues based licks 

• RkphilpotRkphilpot Frets: 168
    Hi all,
    I've put up a few posts and then noticed this so am a little late to the party.

Q1:  Where did you username come from? Just my name.

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you? Essex, Uk

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition? To play a gig in the local arts centre, Colchester.

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one? 1988 American Strat, Heavily Modified. 

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one? Enter Shikari - Zzzonked

@Rkphilpot ; Hi there and welcome to tFB. Hope to see you around :).

If you get stuck Admins/Mods are listed in New Members.

Enjoy :) 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RkphilpotRkphilpot Frets: 168
    Mellish said:

Thank you :-)
  • Brek01Brek01 Frets: 7
    Rkphilpot said:
    Mellish said:

Thank you :-)
    Thankyou, I was a victim of the hotmail issue, but I didn't know about it as an issue, I just tried again yesterday and it worked, I reset password and logged in. So many guitars missed out on as I couldn't reply. oh well.
  • Like most lads in their early '20s I bought a cheap electric guitar and amp through the ads in the paper.
    I'm talking mid 1970's here so no internet to help learn, just a book from the music shop. After much twanging the out of tune thing I eventually lost interest and sold it.

Life and work got in the way but the idea never left me so as a retirement present to myself I now have an American Ultra Strat. Well over the top for my abilities, which are gradually improving, but I have no excuse now to blame the instrument.
    It's a thing of beauty, worth the cost as a work of art in my mind and something of value I can pass on at some point in the hopefully far distant future.

I like  Knopfler 's style

Hampshire, UK

Play a few tunes without frightening the cat.

Fender American Ultra Strat

Dire Straights - Brother in Arms, obviously!

@brotherinarms ; hello mate :)

You'll find plenty here to read. Admins/Mods will help you if you get stuck. They're there, listed in New Members.

Enjoy! :) 
  • jamcoopsjamcoops Frets: 17
    Hi all,

Nice to say hello.

Mark

Just a play on my name

Rutland, England

At my age, just to be able to keep playing despite Arthritis!

All of it!  And there's a lot!  If I had to pick, my LsL Barn Bone, 'Barnie', once picked up never put down.

Rock Bottom by UFO - the solo that made me want to play guitar.

@jamcoops ; Hi mate welcome to TFB :)

Rutland, I know it well!

If you get stuck, Admins/Mods are listed in New Members. 

Hope to see you around :) 

• LeisceoirLeisceoir Frets: 150
    Hi Folks,

I'm an Irish guitarist living in Manchester. I played a lot of gigs around Manchester/Leeds/Liverpool when I moved here first. I  studyed music full time here for a while too, but took the poison chalice of a "proper" job and discovered how it can drain any inspiration out of you. The guitars grew dusty on the wall, the audio interface wept quietly on the shelf, but lately I've been trying to get back into playing, possibly forming another band and not neglecting my six stringed friends any more. So I'm hoping this forum will help me along the way. I've been reading the forum for a few weeks and I'm quite impressed with how helpful people are, hopefully I can help people out too in future. Apart from music I love GAA (gaelic athletics), especially hurling.

"Leisceoir" means "lazy person". Sums me up.

Manchester. Best kept secret about this city= Sharston Books- the most esoteric and labyrinthine secondhand bookstore made out of ship containers you'll ever experience.

To play my own songs live again.

1986 Charvel Model 5

"Peaches en Regalia" - Frank Zappa
    My trading feedback thread
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    @Leisceoir ; Hi buddy. Welcome to TFB :)

Plenty to read, add your own comments too. And if you get stuck, Admins/Mods will help you out. You'll find them listed in New Members :) 
  • AntonHunterAntonHunter Frets: 918
    Leisceoir said:
    Hi Folks,

I'm an Irish guitarist living in Manchester. I played a lot of gigs around Manchester/Leeds/Liverpool when I moved here first. I  studyed music full time here for a while too, but took the poison chalice of a "proper" job and discovered how it can drain any inspiration out of you. The guitars grew dusty on the wall, the audio interface wept quietly on the shelf, but lately I've been trying to get back into playing, possibly forming another band and not neglecting my six stringed friends any more. So I'm hoping this forum will help me along the way. I've been reading the forum for a few weeks and I'm quite impressed with how helpful people are, hopefully I can help people out too in future. Apart from music I love GAA (gaelic athletics), especially hurling.

"Leisceoir" means "lazy person". Sums me up.

Manchester. Best kept secret about this city= Sharston Books- the most esoteric and labyrinthine secondhand bookstore made out of ship containers you'll ever experience.

To play my own songs live again.

1986 Charvel Model 5

"Peaches en Regalia" - Frank Zappa
    Welcome @Leisceoir! Since I know you in real life, I can corroborate the information provided. Text me if you need any in-jokes explaining or whatever. Not that I'll know, I suppose...
  • GeorgeSimsGeorgeSims Frets: 2

Hi all, long-time lurker, first time poster! 20 year old guitarist, originally from London, but moved down to the south coast to study. Once I picked it up at 15, I never looked back, now here we are!

Q1:  Where did you username come from? My name.

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you? Southampton.

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition? To play the Grand Ole Opry!

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one? My Musicman Albert Lee HH (modded to be HSH, with an onboard buffer, Jerry Garcia style!).

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one? Church Street Blues by Tony Rice

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom