Introduce Yourself

What's Hot

Comments

• Hello fretboarders

Q1:  Where did you username come from? Krautrock homage.

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you? south of germany

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition? it's somewhere between having fun with people i really like spending my time with and creating some small pieces of art.

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one? My amp: Carr Rambler with a mighty 15" speaker. Ha.

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one? mmh, right now it's Radiohead's Daydreaming. blew my mind. There's no #1 ever track

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DLMDLM Frets: 2513
    GurrGurr said:

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you? south of germany

@GurrGurr Na servus! :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Ally1BSAlly1BS Frets: 14
    Hello there Fretboard! 

Q1:  Where did you username come from?
    Ally comes from my name which is (wait for it...) Ally. The 1BS stands for 1 Blue String, which I'll explain on a post on the Off Topic board. 

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you?
    People's Republic of Manchester

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition?
    These days it is mostly just holding off arthritis & old age for long enough to play a few tunes. Although there are four bars of Chet Atkins's interpretation of The Entertainer that I still cannot get and am absolutely frigging determined to play perfectly just once before I die.  

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one?
    Deeply in love with my wee Washburn 125th anniversary edition parlour.

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one?
    On a guitar theme.... hmmm, maybe The Supernatural by Peter Green, (with John Mayall's Bluesbreakers)

• Morning All!

Q1. - I used to be (still am?) an ultra runner, hence the name, and the pic. I quit racing last June, it's been hard to get back into it since then, especially as a guitar came along...

Q2. - Clay Cross, just south of Chesterfield

Q3. - To be able to play some songs I like - or like the songs I can play... Seriously though, only started playing in April - I guess one day I'd like to stand on a stage and have people like what they heard.

Q4. - My Sigma OOOM15 - purchased s/h a few weeks ago. No idea on age, it's got a different pickup to anything I can find online (mine has an L R Baggs Anthem fitted) but I just love it. I'm also rather keen on my PRS SE Custom 22 - a PRS was my dream guitar for years and years, so when I finally took up the guitar, and got a bonus in my paypacket...well, it was a simple decision!

Q5. - Pretty much impossible - I struggle to name my Top 5 bands, let alone 1 song! Let's go with Comfortably Numb - it's a song I want playing at my funeral, and I was lucky enough to see Mr. Gilmour play it last year at RAH.
  • pumkinpumkin Frets: 136
    Hi All , been on here for a few months and not got round to this so here we go ....I'm a musician /
    part time plumber living in the West Country .. Been playing for shall we say quite a few years. Have lived in France and London among other places  and now settled back here where I grew up.
    Have played quite a few different styles from grunge, ambient,folk, rock, blues ... I play now with a local band 
    The Penguins... Doing covers of all sorts but generally stuff we like.. We play pubs ,clubs ,parties the odd wedding ...and do about 30 gigs a year .Luckily I have a tolerant partner who doesn't mind me disappearing to my music den most nights to play ... My kids have 'kind of 'left home so there is some space..

1.where did your username come from? My name is Peter and an old fiend used to call me PeterPumpkin.... Don't know why I spell it Pumkin ... Also it reminds me of that great XTC song the Ballad of Peter Pumkinhead.
    2.Where are you ? South Devon 
    3.Main musical ambition ?.... To write and record some more of my own stuff.
    4.best bit of gear ?... My Two Rock classic reverb amp ..Bought this about 5 years ago  Yes it cost a lot but has had more use and given me more pleasure than any other piece of gear I've owned..
    5.#1 track ? Oh impossible ... But ok Jimi Hendrix Little Wing ...( the live version that appeared on vinyl Hendrix in the West)
  • Hi Fretboarders.

I've been lurking for a while after being pointed in this direction by a good friend.  Live in Leyland, Lancashire.  Been playing in bands for about 30 years now, everything from Very Metal to Country.  Currently in a 50's/60's Rock & Roll band.

Given to me when I was in the Very Metal band, due to my love of all styles - especially Country.

Lancashire

To keep enjoying playing as long as my hands can hold a neck.

My '89 PRS Custom - owned and gigged it since 1991.

Tough to give just one, but I'll go with Brad Paisley, Little Moments

• @CountryDave finally!  ;)

Glad to see you on here, and welcome!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HoofHoof Frets: 491

Evening all. My real name is Steve, I'm 39 and I started playing when I was 14 and have been in a string of unsuccessful bands since then. I'm currently playing in a local rock covers band but all the others I've been in have been originals acts playing metal, stoner rock, garage punk and grungy/alt rock stuff. 

I've gathered quite a lot of gear over the years and different styles and I'll be honest and say one reason I've joined is to hopefully shift some of it. That said I will be joining in discussions and (hopefully) making a few new friends. I posted on the old forum for a while under the name Stevefingers.

Q1:  Where did you username come from? My Pedalboard. Earthquaker Devices Cloven Hoof fuzz.I was signing up and just looked down at my board when I got to the username bit. I'm sure I'll think of something better now it's too late.

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you? Leicester. A remarkably unremarkable place.

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition? No sure, thinking about possibly starting a new originals band but not quite sure what exactly.

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one? Currently, my fave bit of kit is my 2016 Gibson SG standard tradistional spec which has left my other guitars feeling pretty left out since I bought it.

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one? I'm far too fickle to commit to one song. What I may think is the best song ever today may not even enter my mind tomorrow.

• BilloBillo Frets: 1
    Hello all,
    I'm called Bill - hence the username - all people in or around Liverpool seem to attract an O or a Y after their name.
    I answer to these and other names...........usually no offence taken!!
    I'm almost 70 and have played most of my life and gigged regularly for the last 20 years. So my ambition is to keep playing as long as I can and to try to keep improving and learning new songs... looks a bit too worthy in print - but true.

I play guitar and keys. If I could save just one instrument from a fire it would be my go-to gigging PRS 408 standard - sounds as good as anything and not too posh to scratch and ding.
    Best track ever is Little Feat - cold,cold,cold/ tripe faced boogie.
    I'm married (45 years yesterday) and still play make music most days......often for hours.
    I have resisted joining a forum for years, but I joined here because the topics are interesting.
    I'll try not to be a dick!

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • IvanMCIvanMC Frets: 91
    Hi all, my name's Ivan and I started playing long time ago! I went to some college of music but never finished my degree (I still may), which is one of my hugest frustrations ever. I've been part of an ensemble for one year (I'm elated at that). We play Zappa, Piazzolla, Mancini, Moliterni's music (Moliterni is the "owner" of the whole thing). I'm also part of a hard rock/funk band.
    I've written and recorded a couple of songs but never made MY band yet. I ought to learn lots about Cubase, Nuendo; Mixing in general.

Q1:  Where did you username come from? My real name is Ivan. My middle begins in an M, hence the M. My surname begins in a C, therefore the C.

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you? I'm in Buenos Aires, Argentina. I definitely love English music - and musicians. I've got a friend living in London, so I said to myself "I'll have a go at this site". I love B. Sabbath, Deep Purple, Led Zeppelin, Govan, Rick Graham, Jack Gardiner, massive etc

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition? I'd like to be able to play - and learn - till I die. It would be a heavenly experience to make money through music. Never happened though - so far. 

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one? My seven-string guitar, which my brother built some years back. Just for me.

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one? This is a pretty tough one, isn't it? I'll say The Writ, by Black Sabbath. 

• EmmaEmma Frets: 1
    TTony said:

[edit]
    ChristophEar has created a Spotify playlist of all the #1 tracks
    Everyone's #1 tracks.

And I just "stickied" this for as long as we've got lots of new rejoiners arriving!

Hello
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fandangofandango Frets: 2204

Fandango ... ZZ Top's fourth album ... it's also a dance which aptly describes the art of GAS.

England ... West Midlands.

I'm a late starter, so I have some serious catching up to do. But mainly to keep improving to the point where a band comes knocking.

As I can't currently pick a winner from my guitar rack, I'll choose the playful Seymour Duncan Vapor Trail delay. Quality bit of kit that I've still to find the end of, if you catch my drift.

Echoes ... Pink Floyd .... sums up Floyd at their best. Epic, mournful, beautiful, timeless all in the same moment. RIP Rick.

• Q1:  Where did you username come from?

I made it up when I forgot the password for my first choice user name on yahoo in 1999

I'm in Northumberland UK

To play in tune :-( and that the arthritis in my thumbs doesn't stop me playing

1965 Epiphone Olympic Special

Willie May by Big Bill Broonzy

• skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6874

Ello all!

I love Skunks (the animals), and I love the SR-71 Blackbird which was made by Lockheed Martins Skunkworks. So I changed the spelling up and voila.

The east ends of London. Paradise.

To always be better than I was yesterday.

Oh man, slim pickings here, so I'll go with my main weapon of choice, an Esp Ltd EX-360.

Shock & Terror by CKY

The only easy day, was yesterday...
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Hi everyone

It came from a song by The Prodigy, was just something when I was young.

UK, Shropshire

Just to be able to play to a certain level, and understand guitar including theory

I am new to guitar so really just beginner stuff, but guess my Blackstar HT-1R which I got on ebay new for £61 must be up there

Probably Whole Lotta Rosie by AC/DC

• neil68neil68 Frets: 4

Okay

Name and year of birth

Northants

I want to record an ablum

Ooh, i'd love to say it's a couple of grands worth of something, but I'm limited to a budget Ibanez guitar and my new favourite toy, th Yamaha THR10x

Jeeez ... Stairway To Heaven

• iwantakemperiwantakemper Frets: 1
    edited November 2016

Afternoon all

Q1:  Where did you username come from? I tried a Kemper Profiler Powered Rack and decided I need one...

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you? Somerset, Cider making part of the world

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition? I mix bands for a living and have played guitar for years and it's so cool.

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one? I don't have either of these anymore but it would have been my Ibanez S540LTD DAB with EMG 85/SA/85 and my Mesa   Boogie MkIV  

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one? Metallica - Damage Inc, Deftones - hidden track on Around the Fur

• Q1:  Where did you username come from? The Name I make pedals under. 

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you? I'm from Hastings in the sunny south coast

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition? Don't have any, its just about the enjoyment of playing for me. 

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one? That's like asking my favourite child. 

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one? Something off the John Mayall & the Bluesbreakers record (changes with mood). .  

• kanonskanons Frets: 1
    edited November 2016
    Hi, I'm Kåre, 49
    1.Just a contraction of my name. Old username. Bass-player so dont enjoy to much change. 

2. From Trondheim , Norway. 

3. After 30+ years of playing: just to go on stage and play. 

4. My MM Stingray 4H Stealth black with Harry Haussel pickup. 

5. Since watermellon in easter Hay was taken, it has to be You shook me all night long by AC/DC
  • BintyTwanger77BintyTwanger77 Frets: 2219
    edited November 2016

Just realised I haven't done this yet! In all the time I've been here! So here's a very belated introduction...

HELLO.

I'm Graeme, 39

It's taken from an old internet moniker I used "Binty Tweeb" (Mitchell & Webb 'Numberwang' sketch reference), changed to Twanger for the purposes of guitar forums, 77 is the year of my birth.

Live in London, originally from Aberdeen.

Learn how to play jazz and shred a bit. To get back into playing live again (covers or new material), compose some soundscapes for theatre.

My black Johnny Marr Jag, if I HAD to pick one, but love my Jazzmaster and 65 DRRI equally.

It changes every day, but The Twilight Sad - "Cold Days In The Birdhouse" usually. Sublime.