Introduce Yourself

What's Hot

Comments

• McTootMcToot Frets: 2042
    Hello guys! PonchoGreg here, (way belatedly) made it across from the old forum. Pleased to see you all here.

Wahayy! Good to see you back Greg. I sense the GAS coming back even if you have just sold me a second guitar - I have a feeling purchases are not far away...

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

My trading feedback  - I'm a good egg  ;) 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • XandoorXandoor Frets: 6
    Q1: Just a dumb name I came up with when I was 14
    Q2: London
    Q3: Just bashing out tunes really, not much of a writer.
    Q4: Dad's strat lol
    Q5: At this moment, probably "Time" by pink floyd. Subject to heavy change though.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Q1:  Where did you username come from?

Supporting the mighty ( ahem ) Tranmere Rovers

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you?

West London

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition?

To keep making a noise that makes me happy ( never mind anyone else ...)

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one?

My PRS EG4

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one?

So many, but, right now, Thunderbuck Ram by Mott the Hoople ( classic line-up )

• mack41mack41 Frets: 1
    edited April 2017
    Hey all 
    just joined the forum

Q1:  Where did you username come from?

Username came from my everyday nickname (mack), the 41 was just the lowest number available with my email provider

I'm from Manchester home of the best team in the land

To be able to play without sticking my tongue out

My Gibson Les paul standard

Gotta be operation mindcrime by queensryche 

• SC81SC81 Frets: 1
    1. SC is my initials and 1981 the year I was born

2. Portsmouth, right down on the South Coast

3. Just to enjoy playing, play live as much as possible and be entertaining

4. Currently its my 2012 American Standard HSS Strat in Sienna Sunburst

5. This is a tough one, one that springs to mind is Love Is The Law by The Seahorses.

• 1. Joined the forum after a suggestion by Neil from this forum on another forum. My first attempt I tried AnotherNeil but never got the confirm email so....

2. Durham, Co. Durham

3. Started recently after many years (52)without any discernible talent putting me off any form of music! I decided I would throw as much time as I had available into trying to get a recognisable sound out of a guitar, still working on that, but I do love guitars.

4. Les Paul Standard in transamber.

5 Currently "while my guitar gently weeps" not entirely due to the music itself.
  • Hi all! 

A friend on another forum suggested that I sign up here, since I'm often in the UK and have developed a thing for British amps as of late. 

Just a handle I picked up from gently ribbing people on TheGearPage years ago. I try to keep it the same across the other forums on the web.

Now? Prague, Czech Republic. I was in Pittsburgh and Chicago for a long time, played in lots of weird underground bands out those ways. 

To make critically acclaimed music that no one buys but will be worth a fortune at record shops after I die.

I've had a lot of great stuff over the years, but this is tied between my 2001 Fender Jaguar AV62 RI and my '65-ish Selmer Treble n' Bass mk. II

For all time? Spiritualized "Come Together". This week? Mount Eerie "Ravens".
  • WildWayzWildWayz Frets: 90
    My name is James, and I am from the UK. I've been 'playing' guitar since around '91 where I got my 1st guitar... and Encore Strat... I then bought an Aria Pro II... then part exchanged it for an Ibanez EX370FTR.
    Ever since then, my love for Ibanez guitars became kinda an obsession...

I've owned:
    Ibanez EX370FTR
    Ibanez JS100 (with PAF Pro and FRED pickups)
    Ibanez JS1000BTB
    Ibanez Jem7VW
    Ibanez RG3120VV
    Ibanez S360FM (Bought in 2002, but cannot find any reference to it - had an abalone body binding, no fret markers - make in Korea)
    Ibanez RG2820
    Ibanez BTB400

Brian Moore i2000
    Some hand made Korean guitar - Marquee?

I sold everything 10 years ago and gave up - as I never felt I could be as good as my idols.

As of December 2016, I started playing again with a humble Yamaha Pacifica 311H, Peavey ValveKing II 50w and a MojoMojo Overdrive. I'm taking it easy - and actually playing better then I have ever done before.
    Guitar(s): Custom Gordon Smith Graduate, FGN Odyssey JOS-FM-M FBT, Ibanez RG6PCMLTD, Yamaha Pacifica 311H, Harley Benton Fusion Pro HSH Amp: Blackstar HT5-R MKII, Presonus Eris E4.5 Active Studio Monitor Speakers  | Effects: Wampler Plexi Drive Deluxe, Fender Marine Layer Reverb, Fender The Bends Compressor, TC Electronics Flashback 2, EH Hum Debugger, TC Electronic Polytone 3.
  • Paul_LPaul_L Frets: 52
    Hello,

I have just joined today and etiquette dictates that I introduce myself accordingly, so here goes...

My forum name is unimaginatively my first name, an underscore and the initial of my last name. Sorry not very exciting I know. In my head I am a rock-god / guru / milf-hunter, but the reality is something completely different...

I live in Suffolk, close to Bury St Edmunds and Cambridge and every now and again you might find me in a local guitar shop trying something I can't afford.

My favourite guitar is probably my Faith Neptune Hi-Gloss, but I also have an Ibanez Artcore hollow body in Bubinga that is just stunning. Probably I am an intermediate guitarist on the electric and a bit more advanced that this on the acoustic. The last song I learn't to play was Almost Cut My Hair by CSN.

The latest music purchased is Elton John - Madman Across the Water and Marcus King Band - Soul Insight.

I am also a bit of an electronics tinkerer...

I am hoping that joining will hep me keep up the enthusiasm with my playing and provide a bit of a kick to make the effort to get to the next stage - no pun intended.
    Maintained it for 20 years. This old guitar's had 17 new necks and 14 new bodies in its time.
  • WildWayzWildWayz Frets: 90
    Paul_L said:

I live in Suffolk, close to Bury St Edmunds and Cambridge and every now and again you might find me in a local guitar shop trying something I can't afford.

Hi Paul! I was brought up in Brandon, Suffolk - so nice to see a local guy here :)
    Guitar(s): Custom Gordon Smith Graduate, FGN Odyssey JOS-FM-M FBT, Ibanez RG6PCMLTD, Yamaha Pacifica 311H, Harley Benton Fusion Pro HSH Amp: Blackstar HT5-R MKII, Presonus Eris E4.5 Active Studio Monitor Speakers  | Effects: Wampler Plexi Drive Deluxe, Fender Marine Layer Reverb, Fender The Bends Compressor, TC Electronics Flashback 2, EH Hum Debugger, TC Electronic Polytone 3.
  • Paul_LPaul_L Frets: 52
    Hi Wildwayz, Brandon.. Had to think for a bit - Close to Centre Parks.
    Maintained it for 20 years. This old guitar's had 17 new necks and 14 new bodies in its time.
  • Eddie990Eddie990 Frets: 1
    edited April 2017
    Hi folks, been on here a couple times but I'm not a big forum user. Got a few things to sell and it'd be terribly rude of me not to join in and introduce myself first.

Been playing since my teenage years but after a crash at Silverstone last June which injured my hand try as I might I just can't play like I used to. Gutted!
    I dare say with perseverance and lots of practise I could retrain my hand in some fashion but right now with a young family it just isn't happening.

Is this where most people from music radar ended up?

My name and love of motorbikes. Been riding 990cc KTMs for a few years so it just follows me from place to place.
    UK, Richmond, North Yorkshire
    American Standard Telecaster in Crimson Red Transparent
    Difficult, but since Like Clockwork was released, I can't stop listening to 'I Appear Missing' by QOTSA
  • thumpingrugthumpingrug Frets: 2890
    Eddie990 said:
    Hi folks, been on here a couple times but I'm not a big forum user. Got a few things to sell and it'd be terribly rude of me not to join in and introduce myself first.

Been playing since my teenage years but after a crash at Silverstone last June which injured my hand try as I might I just can't play like I used to. Gutted!
    I dare say with perseverance and lots of practise I could retrain my hand in some fashion but right now with a young family it just isn't happening.

Is this where most people from music radar ended up?

My name and love of motorbikes. Been riding 990cc KTMs for a few years so it just follows me from place to place.
    UK, Richmond, North Yorkshire
    American Standard Telecaster in Crimson Red Transparent
    Difficult, but since Like Clockwork was released, I can't stop listening to 'I Appear Missing' by QOTSA
    Really sorry to hear of your crash and the impact on your playing.  Sorry also that this has led to you deciding to shift some gear.  Hope you find a good home to it.

• gitapikgitapik Frets: 19
    edited May 2017
    Cheers to everyone here! My name is Bob. And I'm not your uncle. Please see below for further details.

gitapik = "Gotta git a pick" 

I'm in NYC. Brooklyn, to be more precise. Nice place.

Keep playing and writing. Gotta keep chuggin' along.

Hah! Please don't do that to me. 

Ok...uh...LATELY (as of yesterday) it's my 2010 Silhouette Special (HSS). Lollar blackfaces in the neck and middle and a Tyler Secret humbucker in the bridge. I got it to replace my '69 Les Paul (which is REALLY my best piece of gear but I don't play it as much as I used to due to shoulder issues) as a lead guitar and have to say that it's performing brilliantly! I'd considered a much more expensive boutique (and they really are all that), but love the weight and feel of the Silo Special, so I decided to splurge on great pickups in that ax, instead.

That's a little complicated. I was primarily a solo fingerstyle/classical guitarist until my wrist blew out a couple of years ago. I've since been back to focusing on the electric, which is definitely no booby prize, but though I've got some electric tracks, my best recorded stuff is on the acoustic. Here's one I like:

http://macjams.com/song/56642

G.A.S. = "Git a Sound"
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14412

Tony Levin

Pembrokeshire, SW Wales

"Oh. Fame. Money. The usual."

Acoustic Research AR16 loudspeakers (with the Grahams modification)

"Watermelon In Easter Hay" because, ultimately, ...

You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • mikem8634mikem8634 Frets: 382

Q1:  Where did you username come from? It was handed to me by ebay

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you? St. Leonards-on-Sea, UK

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition? To make music that makes me happy

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one? My lovely Yamaha CPX 10

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one? Soul in Isolation by The Chameleons

• LegionreturnsLegionreturns Frets: 7965
    edited May 2017

Hi I'm Chris aka Leggy, 41 and from Surrey but now living in the North East. I've only in the last six months started learning guitar, although I used to sing in a band doing Doors covers in my youth and have plonked along on a bass before.  

Treat me as a complete noob, and you won't be far wrong although I'm quite obsessive with hobbies (and have far too many of them!) 

I also climb, both summer and winter and am a keen cyclist. I did about 3000 miles last year.

Legion was the demon that was (allegedly) driven out of the crazy person and into a herd of pigs, which then stampeded off a cliff. My dad is a strict Baptist and I first chose the name when I was 15 and very much rebelling against everything he stood for! Not much has changed...

See above

I want to be able to play the stuff I like, in public, to a reasonable standard

I'm a relative noob, but I have 3 guitars. I haven't bought a "lifer" yet, but I like my epi LP traditional pro ii. For an epi, it's pretty sweet. 

Tough! Too many to choose from. Probably Black, by Pearl Jam but there are so many others!

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • IendrosIendros Frets: 1

Hey there!

I'm Ian, nearly 29 years old and a guitar fanatic for 13 years now. I also sing for 13 years and started to learn Tin Whistle 2 years ago. And sometimes I play Piano; I had to abandon playing drums long time ago... and I miss it. And the Piano - I also write a lot of lyrics and music - I grew up with music from my parents... Journey, The Rolling Stones, Pink Floyd, Beggars Opera, Fleetwood Mac and Loreena McKennitt (and sooo many more) - Later, the heavier ways took me. So many good things! A Perfect Circle! 

But I also like classic music, and film composers (John Williams, Hans Zimmer, Jeremy Soule, Austin Wintory, Howard Shore... Ryuichi Sakamoto) and a lot more. 

My second passion is Photography (portraits and concerts, landscapes) and composing (Matte Paintings, also Digital Paintings). 

And I love Single Malts...! And nature, and cows, mountains... 

And yes, I'm not a native English speaker  -  

Iendros (mostly they just call me Ian or raccoon or the name my parents gave me: Daniel) was a character during the cataclysm in an unknown city in the world of the game "Thief 1" -  

In my fantasy world... they know me there for a long time. 

I never want to stop - Never want to give up my guitars and to sing, to write music and show it. Or keep it.... It's therapy for me, mostly. 

It started all almost 13 years ago with a cheap and broken strat. I own 5 e-guitars and 3 acoustic guitars. - My most beloved ones are the LTD f-400 FM (with the tribal inlay all over the fretboard) and a modified Ibanez S770 fm atf (with a DiMarzio X2N and a D-Activator) - 

Oh dear! The main impulse to start playing the guitar was "Kansas - Dust in the Wind"... And so many more. 

• gasSeekergasSeeker Frets: 1
    edited May 2017
    Hello everyone,
    I am Matt, 26 from the country of "ze baguette" and snob wine drinkers. I have been playing for about 10 years, wish I had spent more time practicing when I was younger as opposed to endlessly noodling on the neck.

It is a sarcastic thought as I am sure that joining a forum full of guitarists will not preserving from GASing every other day...

Currently in London.

Just a hobby that I try to be good at, always dreaming about pulling out melodic lines like Robben Ford, playing with the raw emotion of SRV or coming up with harmony like Eric Johnson... or something like that.

Tough one... I currently have 3 guitars: a G&L Legacy, a Vigier Excalibur Supra and a Yamaha SA2200. They are all great but the Yamaha SA2200, which is the newest, is being played a lot more. I love the Vigier but I am really afraid of getting used to her extra-smooth neck so that I won't be able to play on anything else... The attention the Yamaha gets may fade away once I receive my Lion from Feline Guitars (well, I had to have a guitar to rule them all :naughty: )

Too many choices... My brain can't take it... Right now, I would say "Lonely in the Night" by Eric Johnson from the album Venus Isle for the tone, the way the guitar cries but there are so many more tracks that I find equally good in other ways.
  • Chris777Chris777 Frets: 58
    Hi, my name is Chris, I'm 58,  playing on and off since since I was 13, had to sell my Jem77FP a few years ago, and pedals etc, long sad story, but back now and looking to get myself a nice strat or? to start off again :), just found this forum and it looks like a friendly place to be a part of.....

Q1:  My name and I like the number 7.

Q2:  Tamworth, Staffs.

Q3:  I just love to noodle away on my own.

Q4:  At the moment my heart, as it allows me to wake up everyday and do all the good stuff in life.

Q5:  Very difficult one to answer, Tender Surrender, Steve Vai, still moves me to tears, ha ha :)