Introduce Yourself

What's Hot

Comments

• Q1:  Where did you username come from?

My name mostly! haha

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you?

London, North of the river specifically

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition?

Just to make music and enjoy it, don't have fame aspirations anymore.

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one?

My Ableton Push perhaps

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one?

jon Hopkins - We Disappear

The small print! Who reads the small print?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Longer than I care to remember, someone said " Get the beers in Waz" & that was it - 26 years and going strong...

UK, based in SW London

To be comfortable in my ability such as they are/'nt.  I'd love to go to Jam Nights and just have a go/enjoy - Need to Exorcise my Demons !!!

My Gibson J200 - 10 years old & wearing the odd burn mark, but its got something...

The Faces : Stay with me

My other "hobby" is my aircooled VW T25.  I've already noticed similarities between this and guitars, in that budgets are never stuck to!

UK, Preston in Lancashire

One day I'd love to be able to stand on stage, in a pub with a band, and play in front of my mates and family (sounds easy doesn't it, but I'm 40 now and still no where near doing this!)

Well....I've only just started, so it has to be my PRS (please refer to Q1 =) )

Surely no one can pick just one.......but, Metallica, One

• Hey folks, used to be on the original forum which I can't remember the name of. Even went to a Gasfest many years ago! Stopped playing for a long time, but have now picked it back up again after getting into a few bands.

Q1: My username is an anagram of my first and last names. We used to play a game in a past dead end job where we'd make anagrams of names and draw little pictures to stick on our lockers.

Q2: I recently moved to Bristol in the West. Originally from Derbyshire, moved to Surrey for ten years before making the decision to move on.

Q3: Get the rust off my guitar playing and learning to be a useful musician instead of a bedroom guitarist. I'm also learning bass and absolutely loving it. It's what breathed life into playing again for me.

Q4: My favourite at the moment is a late 80's/Early 90's Pacifica I saw saw gathering dust in a corner of a music shop for £60. Put some new strings on it, cleaned the frets and I confirmed the hunch it was going to be a delight to play. Next stop, upgrade the pickups and take it for a full proper setup!

Q5: I've gone back to listening to "If you have to ask" by the Chilis recently. Guitar and Bass masterclass. Christ.
  • DLMDLM Frets: 2513
    @AlienSatDown Welcome back! Do you mean Intermusic.com or MusicRadar? Either way, what was your username there?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Hello everyone. I've been lurking round here for a while now and thought it was time to introduce myself so....

Q1 It's a memorable name for me.

Q2 Rochdale

Q3 To play as much as I can and make demonstrable improvements in my playing. I took up playing quite late.

Q4 My 2013 Gibson SGJ

Q5 Very difficult question but today probably Whole Whole Lotta Rosey
    hairboy said:
    Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one? Too many to list! As far as guitar track goes, for me, it has to be Technical Difficulties, Racer X (or even, the original version from the Terrifying Guitar Trip video from 90s. That solo!!!).

@hairboy That original version is called Metal Dog, because the picking motion is like scratching a dog. In PG's head. :lol: :love:

I'm hoping 2cellos' success will kickstart Racer X' popularity and force PG to reform the band to claim it's rightful global domination.

@sporky

• DLM said:
    hairboy said:
    Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one? Too many to list! As far as guitar track goes, for me, it has to be Technical Difficulties, Racer X (or even, the original version from the Terrifying Guitar Trip video from 90s. That solo!!!).

@hairboy That original version is called Metal Dog, because the picking motion is like scratching a dog. In PG's head. :lol: :love:

I'm hoping 2cellos' success will kickstart Racer X' popularity and force PG to reform the band to claim it's rightful global domination.

@sporky

Yeah, I know. I used to watch the video religiously until VHS machine chewed it up :) PG is hilarious to watch too, unlike most  guitar tuition videos from those days. Nowadays, anyone can just go on Youtube to watch it for free. Lucky youth of today!  

2cellos version is brilliant. I love that, too. These boys are incredible in every song they cover. This song, Thunderstruck, and Smooth Criminal are amongst my favourites! 
  • Helloooooo.  Mark here: signed up yonks ago but besides a bit of lurking forgot all about it until someone jogged my memory...

Q1:  Vaguely salacious sounding anagram of my real name.

Q2:  That London.

Q3:  To be able to play without embarrassing myself.

Q4:  Hard question...  Probably my modified Troy Van Leeuwen Jazzmaster.

Q5:  Impossible to answer, but currently wrestling with the intricacies of 'Minor Swing' by Django Reinhardt and Stéphane Grappelli, so let's put that.

Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • @DLM that's a very good question! It was Vai something. It was the intermusic one I think.
    edited September 2017
    @AlienSatDown ;Vaitalitarion (or something like that), perhaps? Blond anime hero avatar? You'll not be VaiNMaiden Nick, He's RacerDeth.
  • Hello everyone!

My name is Alberto, I'm 25 and I was looking for a Forum which could merge my passions with the practice in English. I think I found what I was looking for...

Q1:  Where did you username come from?
    I am a mechanical engineer, so...

ITALY!

To be a good amateur musician, and to compose high level music

My customized Ibanez RG 2550 Prestige, I love her.

Too hard to answer! Maybe... Lines in the sand by Dream Theater.
  • Q1:  Where did you username come from? From my ¨band¨ project. Actually it is only me :) Sevenbow has double meaning - it is 7 and bow (the weapon, which I find very fascinating) and it is old tradition in from the ancient orthodox Christianity. Do you have an idea how hard is to find a nice band name which is not taken already by someone - whatever I tried, there was already a band from Sweden with this name - it took me 2 years to find that one :)

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you? I live in Germany, but I am Bulgarian.

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition? I make music for pure fun and relaxation. Professionally I am doing something completely different.

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one? Gibson Les Paul Studio ´17.

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one? I did not listened to this songs since years, but it opened my eyes to heavy metal - ACCEPT - Fast as a shark.

• Q1:  Where did you username come from? I struggled for an email back in 1996, I had an xr2 at the time, kept then email and username since.

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you? Grantham, Lincolnshire 

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition? To be able to play some songs people would recognise out of my guitar

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one? My guitar a yamaha f310

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one? Guitar wise probably queens one vision.

• Dan_HalenDan_Halen Frets: 1648

From my band mates. Pretty sure they were being sarcastic!

Edinburgh

Stop being a hack and really learn the guitar

PRS SC 2003

Purple Rain

• Hi my name is Philip I am new here nice to meet you all :D
    Do your best to reach your goals )))
  • FastEddieFastEddie Frets: 535
    edited October 2017

When I was a solider my unit was always very busy and my trade was thin on the ground for that speciality. If there was an operational tour I would be first out of the door on the bus/plane. The same went for cricket and courses. I was never there. 

Marlborough but hail from Essex.

To learn amazing chord variations just to make the rhythm section deeper and more interesting. At present I am in a rut.

A very old Schaller Fuzz pedal.  When cranked it sounds like the apocalypse. I've no idea what's in it, but jeepers I love it. It is so anti social but lovely I'm not sure it can be used in a band. 

Good Times, Bad TImes. Zep. 

If I had talent, I'd be talented.
    Red meat and functional mushrooms.
    Persistent and inconsistent guitar player.
    A lefty, hence a fog of permanent frustration

Not enough guitars, pedals, and cricket bats.
    USA Deluxe Strat - Martyn Booth Special - Electromatic
    FX Plex - Cornell Romany

Pretty self-explanatory -)

Russia / Bulgaria

Best guitars possible

My own-made left-handed Jag-Stang

The End

• Haven't been in for a while. Saw @TTony tonight. Thought I'd say a big hello to anyone that remembers me, and apologise to anyone who hoped I wouldn't be back. Can't say I'll have as much to say as I used to before, but hey, that might not be a bad thing.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27435
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.