Introduce Yourself

What's Hot

Comments

• Hi, my name is Nick, i'm 13 and i live in a small town in Birmingham called Rowley. I was originally from Smethwick. 

Q1. I eat the most out of my group of friends but i'm the smallest and skinniest so they nicknamed me the munter kid

Q2. I live in Birmingham England

Q3. find musicians who like the same genres as me form a band and release an album, hopefully get big, go on tour .etc 

Q4. my favourite bit of gear is my Les Paul special II but in terms of most valuable its a BC Rich Warlock 

Q5. My favourite song? Elvis is dead by living colour or Mellowship slinky in b major by the red hot chili peppers
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Good evening. I'm Hamish and is been 2 hours since my last drink. Decided I might as well join having used the site for reviews, advice, etc on Google searches

Q1:  Where did you username come from?

My brothers called me it during my football goalkeeping days 

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you?

Edinburgh 

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition?

Headline the Pyramid stage at Glastonbury

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one?

The Pick of Destiny 

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one?

One Day More from Les Mis (it's not always about the guitars - I like singing too)

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27344
    Welcome, welcome, welcome

@IF73    (from London to Wales.  Well, that's different)
    @munterkid    (you're going to learn so much here - sorry).
    @flying_pie    (Les_Mis is/was stunning).

Now go get stuck into some threads.
    :)
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NikcNikc Frets: 627
    Hi 

Q1 - My name is Nick and my surname begins with C so its and oh subtle use of my name 
    Q2 - Wiltshire, UK a couple miles away from Stonehenge
    Q3 - Too play and sing with a level of confidence 
    Q4 - Going to cheat but I really do see it as one instrument - PRS se Santana straight into Blues Junior, but no I'm not a luddite purist ;)
    Q5 - Just one? so that has to be the current one Robben Ford's rendition of Born Under a Bad Sign, mainly because I'm trying to play it :)
  • SoleSole Frets: 9
    Morning all, just saying hey and introducing myself as the new guy for now..... "Hey"

Q1: I'm usually the guy who spends 30 mins giving birth to a username so a while ago I attempted to settle on Sole for as long as.. I guess it's a slightly more pretentious way of saying 'One' or 'Individual' I think its stuck by now?

Q2: Sunny Sunny Southeast London!

Q3: Can't beat an earlier answer so i'll steal it: "to be able to play guitar one day"

Q4: My Olympic white Mehican Telecaster...HH. Some call it sacrilege but I like a tele with thicker thighs.

Q5: For the next hour or so it's Metallica's version of "So what". Best way to start the day.

<
    "The most dangerous thing in the music business? It's man." 
       -Dave Mustaine
  • tomajohatomajoha Frets: 897

Q1:  Where did you username come from? A shorthand fusion of the names of 4 flatmates I was living with quite a few years back

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you? Near York, North Yorkshire. Land of whippets and flat caps

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition? Not to suck too bad

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one? My ES335 fat neck its by fave although in 2001 I bought a frakensteien 64 Voc Ac30 TB for £50 al original other than some cosmetic changes that disguised it from I restored it to its original beauty and it was sublime! bloody went anf sold it for £500 as a poor student :(

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one? Jelly Roll Blues - John Martyn

Welcome @nikc ; @sole and @tomajoha ;

Thanks for taking the time to introduce yourselves and hope you find plenty else here of interest.  Hope to see you around the place in the next days, weeks and months.
  • rexobrexob Frets: 3
    Hi im rexob i love boxer dogs so that is where i got my username from 
    I'm from Doncaster in the UK ive only been learning the guitar for a few months
    and I love it, 
    I play an epiphone les paul classic and the best bit of kit i have is a 
    Marshall code 50 
    I hope to talk to you all and get to know some of you i am really glad i found this forum
  • JasonWJasonW Frets: 10

Hi everyone,

Been away from playing my guitar for a while but looking to get back into it so signed up here.

Q1:  Where did you username come from? It's my name.

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you? West Midlands in the UK.

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition? Get into a band and have some fun playing again.

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one? Tough that... Either my bitsa Strat or AC30/TBX 90's re-issue. Probably the strat.

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one? So many to choose from... 'Father to Son' by Queen.

Looking forward to getting involved.

Cheers

Jason

• thingthing Frets: 469
    Hello. Been down the pub for a while and when I came back the old Intermusic forums had gone! This came up on Google.

Q1. Where did you username come from? The hand on the Addams Family.

Q2. Where in the world/country are you? Lincoln, Englandshire.

Q3. What's your main musical ambition? I'd love to learn to play the harp. (Not a gob iron I mean a real stringy woody type harp)

Q4. Your best bit of gear. Whatever I'm playing at the time.

Q5. Your #1 ever track. Depends what mood I'm in.

This is absurd.  You don’t know what you’re talking about.  It warrants combat.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Welcome @rexob - though I find it worrying that the best thing to be doing in Donny at 3:18AM is posting here  ;)
    Welcome @JasonW - West Mids, so absolutely NO excuse for not dropping by the Guitar Show in Feb and saying hi!
    Welcome @thing - that pub must have a way away, about 10 years away??  But you've found your way home now.

• GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4027
    @thing -- hello.
    Oli
    Hi Oli hows it going buddy?
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4027
    edited November 2017
    thing said:
    Hi Oli hows it going buddy?
    @thing
    Good for the most part:
    Guitar is even more fun now I know how to play it *cough*
    Work is super interesting because (a) I don't do too much of it;  and (b) what I do is a combination of research at Uni and clinical work with complicated and difficult pain patients.
    And somewhere along the line I became a hypnotist. 
    All good.

So,,, you were last seen flying toward Australia.
    Back in Lincoln for the time being?
    @Oli. No the Oz thing didn't work out, too old to get in without stumping huge amounts up front to the Oz gov. We go out there for a month or so every year. I don't do much now, work Tue Wed Thur teaching in schools which is enough to fund the lifestyle. I'm 61 now! Where did that go?

• Q1, username:  Just my name!

Q2, location:  Huddersfield, West Yorkshire

Q3, musical ambition:  Little indie label signing for my band Bad Knaves would suffice!

Q4, best gear:  AV65 Jazzmaster, Roland RE-201 space echo

Q5, #1 track:  At the moment Shadowplay by Joy Division

• Hi, I’m Dave, I’ve lurked around for a while, this is my first post.

username is a combination of the best number, and a name an old friend used to call me. I live in Liverpool, and my musical ambition currently is to get over the hump and find some inspiration again. My best gear is a Framus Panthera  Supreme, really nice guitar, and a Mooer Ocean Machine.
    my number 1 all time song would be...actually, I’m not sure that’s a question I can answer. I guess I’ll go for Inside Job by Pearl Jam.
  • Ralphonzo1Ralphonzo1 Frets: 6
    edited November 2017
    Howdy folks, good to be here amongst the fraternity of the string! I've been a long time lurker too and thought I'd properly introduce myself. 

Q1: My username is a nickname from my college days (with a 1 at the end lol) but it says Ralph on my credit card bills
    Q2 : I'm from Torquay, Devon and still live there. Great place but I wouldn't recommend going into the town centre lol
    Q3 : My only musical ambition is to be able to play from the heart without my fingers getting in the way! Would like to move to Nashville in the future to soak up some of the talent!
    Q4 : The best gear I have is a Roland Blues Cube Artist and a strat style guitar I made myself at the Totnes School of Guitar making.
    Q5 : My current favourite track is 'Pick Peace' by Guthrie Trapp. 

Welcome @sjcarter - there's a big theFB event happening in Huddersfield (no, really, there is) early next year ...
    Welcome @daviey42 ; - a lurker emerges from anonymity!    And a guitar like that deserves an intro thread all for itself.
    Welcome @Ralphonzo ; - and another ex-lurker - great to have you posting with us.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jaymenonjaymenon Frets: 804
    TTony said:

Hi everyone - I'm Jay, I joined a long time ago and have been lurking a little bit, reading about various things.  Though I haven't really posted very much, I've made a couple of friends...

Q1:  Where did you username come from?

Jay Menon really is my name :-)

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you?

Great Yarmouth, Norfolk

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition?

One that I have happily achieved - I recorded two albums of my own songs, one for a glaucoma charity and the second a gospel album (we sold three copies).

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one?

My Maestro Raffles cedar/mahogany acoustic guitar.

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one?

'Sound Like Me' - written after once playing a Clapton Strat at my local music shop. (Un)fortunately I still sounded like me...

Nice to meet you everyone...!