Introduce Yourself

What's Hot

Comments

• CS17CS17 Frets: 1
    Hello all,

First post. I started learning guitar at 16 and messed around for a few years, then at 20 sold my guitars to move out on my own and never looked back. Until this week, now at 34 I want to start learning again and this time stick with it.

I've picked up a couple of affordable instruments - a Revelation TSS Tele and a Sub Ray 4 bass guitar.

Q1:  Where did you username come from? - The initials to my name, and the number 17 of the Buffalo Bills QB.

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you? - West Sussex, England.

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition? - To be able to play the second solo (after the slide solo) in Siempre Estoy Soñando by Fito Y Fitipaldis.

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one? - My Revelation TSS but it's the only 6 string I own!

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one? - Tom Waits - Martha.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • phil_bphil_b Frets: 2010

Q1:  Where did you username come from?

It is a shortened version of my real name

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you?

Lisburn N. Ireland

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition?

To be able to play in the pup without being laughed at or being booed off

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one?

my £16 encore strat copy from ebay

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one?

apache

• Q1:  Where did you username come from?

Because I was a Pinball nut!

Bristol ish

To get my songs and music out there before I die...I'm doing it too ....you can't stop me! 

Probably my Fretless Stingray bass...the most challenging too

Rita Lynch / Losing

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • lineslines Frets: 27

Q1:  Where did you username come from? - Just my surname... nothing creative i'm afraid!

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you? - I live in the leafy New Forest, Hampshire, UK

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition? - To continue performing live and to eventually take the leap and start writing my own songs!

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - My 'go to' live gear is my Les Paul Standard with either my Marshal Bluesbreaker or for smaller venues Fender Blues Junior. I also have a beautiful Fender Custom Shop Stratocaster, which is for sale :( and a Gibson J 45

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - A track that has always stood out for me is John Mayer's Slow Dancing in a Burning Room, for too many reasons to explain why. Two other songs written by a friend of mine would also top the list: Waiting on a Corner and Feels Like Years by Darren Hodson & the Southern Companion... Check them out!

• djangodjango Frets: 3
    Q1:  Where did you username come from? One of the all time greatest guitar players
    Q2:  Where in the world/country are you? London

To introduce Gypsy Swing and its players around the world to new audiences

My van

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one?Begin the Beguine
  • How do all. Been around here for a while but think it’s time to get involved a bit more. My name is Mike, I live in Cornwall. Been a bass player for over 30 years, but my band of twelve years has finally expired, and due to my work situation (ambulance service, shift work), if I’m ever going to perform again I need to get better at guitar so I can play solo. Bought several second hand acoustics, but I don’t want to go that way and am having electric lessons. Currently only got a Vintage Zip, but aiming to get a 335 style soon. 

1. From the  name of my former band, the Steely-eyed Missile Men. 
    2. St. Austell, Cornwall
    3. To play live again,preferably with a band. If not, to play my own songs live.
    4. My Shuker J.J. Burnel signature bass. 
    5. Been a Stranglers fan since the late 70’s. Probably Hanging Around. 

• bigrobbigrob Frets: 2
    Hi All,
    I am a bass player and have been playing since i was 15, i am now 44.

I live in Oxfordshire and play in a local band called the Cuban dukes.

Q1: My name is Rob and i'm 6ft 4, suppose i should really be little rob lol.

Q2: Im in Oxfordshire in the UK 

Q3: To be the best bass player i can be and enjoy me playing.

Q4: Status series 3 custom 4 string bass.

Q5: Very Superstitious, Stevie wonder. 
  • I'm Xavier (Xav). I play bass and guitar, nearly all jazz. I've been playing since I was 10 so just over 20 years now. I mainly play in big bands so lots of Freddie Green type stuff. I was also well into Django around 2005-08 so I have a bit of that with me still.

I never considered myself a guitar collector but I'm sliding into the abyss and I don't think there's any going back. Currently I'm on

Landscape AR-1 (18" Archtop)
      1937 Cromwell G4 (made by Gibson)
      Eastman t64 (which I may be parting company with soon)

Vintage v52 w/ Mojo gold foil (because I wanted to see what was the fuss with teles)

Gitane D500 (an absolute peach)

Fender Vintage Modified Jazz Bass w/ LaBella flatwounds

I'm currently playing through a Phil Jones acoustic amp (AG300) which I acquired via this very forum! For anything other than acoustic sounds I've got a Barber Direct Drive/Super Sport as well.

Boring, but it's my name - (Xav)ier (Riley)

Near Guildford, UK

Jamming with Bireli Lagrene would be pretty sweet.

Landscape AR-1 Archtop. Incredible guitar and as far as I know, I have the only one in the UK  :3

Moanin - Mingus big band live in '93

• GTCGTC Frets: 261
    My user name came from the "brand name" I gave to a couple of guitar customisations I've done

I'm based in Somerset, not far from Bridgwater

My musical ambition is to improve. I got back into playing nearly two years ago after fifteen years and have moved on in leaps and bounds since then.

My best bit of gear is currently a Lowden F23C acoustic.

My #1 track is changing all the time - depending on what I'm listening to, what I remember and what I'm playing. It could be from almost any genre.
  • Hi my name's Seb. My user name is from my younger years whilst playing computer games and making up characters names (Tifa from ff7 to be precise)
    I'm from camborne in cornwall where I live with my partner and my little boy who are both awesome. 
    My biggest ambition at the moment is to start building guitars, my playing isn't fantastic and I've never been fully satisfied with any guitar I've owned so I thought why not make my own?
    My best bit of gear is probably my prs, but my favourite is my heavily modified telecaster.
    As for a favourite track, there's too many to narrow it down to less than 50! Anything from nickel creek to tool! 
  • BlobBlob Frets: 7
    Q1:  Where did you username come from? From my Dad who when I was born, with no hair and quite plump, thought I looked like a "blob".

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you? Buckingham

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition? To feel confident enough with my playing to jam and maybe even gig.

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one? Fender Thinline P90 Telecaster

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one? Changes all the time but if I had to narrow it down to one all time, it would have to be Down by the River, Neil Young
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12255
    Blob said:
    Q1:  Where did you username come from? From my Dad who when I was born, with no hair and quite plump, thought I looked like a "blob".

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you? Buckingham

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition? To feel confident enough with my playing to jam and maybe even gig.

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one? Fender Thinline P90 Telecaster

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one? Changes all the time but if I had to narrow it down to one all time, it would have to be Down by the River, Neil Young
    Top song choice Blob, welcome to the board.

I would recommend one of the jams organised on the board, very friendly and no ego's.  I played with people for the first time last year at one and soon going to my 3rd and 4th.
  • colincolin Frets: 2
    edited February 2019
    Q1: Where did you username come from? it's just my name....

Q2: 
    Where in the world/country are you? I live in Norwich

Q3: 
    What's your main musical ambition? ... well at my age i dont really have one anymore.. just want to keep playing for as long as i can

Q4:  
    Your "best" bit of gear .... my Strat 65 re-issue and my Lazy J J20

Q5:  Your #1 ever track...... i have 2 tracks really.. Black Magic Woman & Need your love so bad by Peter Green / & Fleetwood Mac.

• Okay so for username, it's just a random thought up one.

England.

None?
  • Oh and welcome to everyone else
  • AndyllAndyll Frets: 1
    edited February 2019
    A1. I'm called Andrew
    A2. From Rochdale, just outside Manchester.
    A3. My musical ambition is to look at any piece of tab and think 'piece of cake', instead of 'gulp'.
    A4. 1981 Cherry burst Paul.
    A5. Like too many to single one out.
  • A1:  I used to drive a Mercedes 190E Cosworth and I still help on the forums for local 190E owners, Starfish is my nickname which most people shorten to Fish since I have a pretty sizeable collection of tropical fish.

A2:  I'm located in a sleepy little place called Verwood near the sunny seaside town of Bournemouth.

A3:  I mainly record and tour as a guitarist and have done for almost 15 years, I'd like to do it for another 15 if it's possible :)

A4:  My ADA MP-1 Classic. That rack just keeps on giving in the studio and hasn't stopped sounding awesome since the day I first plugged it in.

A5:  Jeff Beck - Where were you. Ever since being given my first Jeff Beck record (Jeff Beck's Guitar Shop) I had to learn tremolo control like his, I was gobsmacked when I found out he used a standard Fender tremolo and not a Floyd Rose.

• theotherbilltheotherbill Frets: 1
    edited February 2019

Over the years I have tried to set up accounts on various sites, social media etc only to find that Bill (real name) in many guises is taken ... hence theotherbill ... there are so many of us

Cheshire East, UK

To get back playing.   RSI type stuff, injury (football), onset of arthritis, old age etc got in the way a while back but having now retired I find my limbs co-operating more ... just the memory thing to sort now ... and finally, yes I'm also keeping the violin for when I feel sorry for myself ...

I've been getting rid of most of my stuff for a while now but will be keeping an Indie Guitar black 335-alike semi hollow body grabbed from their stand as I left The Guitar Show at the NEC quite a few years ago.

Currently Chris Whitely "Dust Radio" but to be honest the whole "Living with the Law" album does it for me ... next week who knows what will come to the fore.

• Metallicum23Metallicum23 Frets: 39
    edited February 2019

Q1:  Where did you username come from? Big fan of Metallica and classic history haha

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you? Brighton

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition? To write my own stuff and find a band to noise around

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one? My 2003 Gibson Les Paul Standard Plus in lemon burst. It plays like a dream!

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one? Fade to Black.

• =) Hi Folks ! First post

Q1:  Where did you username come from? French add: "la touche française quoi !"

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you? France

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition? None just pleasure

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one? LP R8 (pics to come..)

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one? D-A-D Sleeping my day