Introduce Yourself

What's Hot

Comments

• WinkyWinky Frets: 3
    Hi folks.

Q1:  Where did you username come from?

It's my nickname; a derivation of my surname.

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you?

Canada, eh.

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition?

To suck less.  Seriously, it'd be nice to have a modicum of competence and to record some music - even a single piece - that I'm truly happy with.

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one?

My best guitar?  Probably my Fender Elite Strat, but not by any great margin (there are plenty that come close).

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one?

"Dogs" by Pink Floyd.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • eoinzyeoinzy Frets: 128
    edited July 2022
    -
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JesnoidJesnoid Frets: 2
    Hi all

Q1:  Where did you username come from? It's a derivation of my surname, bestowed on me by a mate some years back

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you? Hampshire, UK

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition? To improve my playing (starting from a pretty low base). Have owned a guitar since 1986, had a handful of lessons and got gigging, then took a long break (life happens) ... just started taking lessons again, over zoom, hoping to play with some mates, feel technically rewarded, and be able to step up to the plate when someone says, "go on, play us something" ...

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one? I own two guitars (1980's Ibanez, 1980's Kramer) but my best bit of gear could be the Boss GT-1 that I use to mask all my imperfections ...

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one? "Song for the Dead" by Queens of the Stone Age.

Thanks for having me!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • PakhanPakhan Frets: 13
    Q1:  Where did you username come from? - Me!
    Q2:  Where in the world/country are you? - Move from London to Singapore in 2009
    Q3:  What's your main musical ambition? - To be as good a player as I can be.
    Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one? - Greven Travel guitar
    Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one? - Bermuda Triange Exit
  • RockhardRockhard Frets: 127
    edited June 2020
    Hey up . i'm Rockhard . I like hard rock and I needed a name for FDP 20 years ago . 

I came to England in 1965 I was 4 . Thunderbirds , Batman and Tom Jones are still around too . Lived up and down the country but now back in East Lancs .

I mostly make much noise . Was in band called the Inciders ska/reggae , it was a busy year , but mostly I like to rock . 

Currently own 4 LPS . Best I don't know , happen Stigg Goldtop .

Well choosing 1 track is difficult but let's say Achilles Last Stand because it was the first vinyl I bought and played most often . 
  • RedlesterRedlester Frets: 1072
    1. I am a Les Paul player and a man of the left
    2. London
    3. To play the stuff I can hear in my head (it’s either play the guitar or take medication)
    4. My old Takamine acoustic
    5. There’s so much great music. I could never narrow it down to one. 
  • Hola. My name is David.

Q1:  Where did you username come from? -- Something that I found myself repeating whenever passing on good wishes to others.

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you? -- Fife, Scotland

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition? -- To keep on jamming econo

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one? -- A cut 'n' shut TB500

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one? -- Neu! - Fur Immer

• Hello everyone!

For few months here. 

It is my name

Wroclaw, Poland

I am a professional jazz and session  musican from years. 

I use few old Telecasters, Gibsons, Don Grosh Set Neck,  acoustics - Lowden O-38, O-23, Guild F-512 Amps - Two Rock, Fender, Marshall 2203 MKII, Kemper...

Difficult to say..a lot of good music around...

• Devil#20Devil#20 Frets: 1937

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer. 

Preston, England.

Just to get better. Like rock and blues but fairly catholic taste when it come to music but I draw the line at Robbie Williams. 

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear?

Not the most expensive but my US standard two tone sunburst Telecaster. Just love Teles. 

Q5:  Your #1 ever track?

At this very moment...Out of this World by The Cure. In a few days it'll be something else. 

Cheers,

Ian

Ian

Lowering my expectations has succeeded beyond my wildest dreams.

• LoootherLooother Frets: 1
    Hello!

Q1:  Where did you username come from? - A former footballer who I used to like. When I liked him he was an actual footballer
    Q2:  Where in the world/country are you? - London, UK
    Q3:  What's your main musical ambition? - To play a Paul Simon song in a manner that wouldn't make Paul Simon weep
    Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one? - Um, I've got some good kitchen knives? 
    Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one? - Les Fleur by Minnie Riperton. Note however that though this is one of my favourite tracks ever, it sounds almost entirely unlike any other music I even vaguely enjoy
  • tanihhiavlttanihhiavlt Frets: 659

Q1:  Where did you username come from? Something a desert hobo once said, long long ago. 

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you? England.

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition? To be in a gigging band

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one? Suhr Custom Classic S-Type with SSSC 

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one? Danny Boy - Ted Greene arrangement.

• Km06oreKm06ore Frets: 12
    Q1: where did your user name come from.  From my full name.

Q2 Where in the world/country are you? Glasgow Scotland

Q3: What's your main musical ambition? To he able to play my favourite songs.

Q4: Your "best" bit of gear. Sold some ofy best when I stopped playing for a number of years. Currently A Martin D-16.

Q5:  Your #1 ever track Clapton Tears in heaven.
  • MuthasMuthas Frets: 1
    Hi. Picked up my guitar again after a few years of not even looking at it - one of the positive results of lockdown for me

Q1:  Where did your username come from? - an obsure compilation from the 80s 'Metal for Muthas'. 
    Q2:  Where in the world/country are you? - UK - London/Surrey
    Q3:  What's your main musical ambition? - either learn to play the intro to 'when doves cry' or the intro to 'fashion'
    Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one? - currently my Lowden acoustic
    Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one? - magazine - shot by both sides

• bdeivertbdeivert Frets: 1
    TTony said:

Q1:  Where did you username come from?   First part of my email... first initial and last name..

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you? I am in Sweden, and have been for 46 years, but grew up in the US and moved here.  

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition?  To enjoy myself and share my love of music with other musicians and audiences. 

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one? My 1939 Gibson L-0, at the moment... sometimes it is a mandolin or another guitar. 

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one?   Death Letter by Son House

*******************************************************************************************
    Guitars and mandolins..... 
  • Ow do, having lurked and read for quite a while, I decided its time to join up properly. I’m Brian, or Mr Minister to you, 44 and from a lil old brewing town called Burton-upon-Trent. 

Q1:  Where did you username come from? My sisters other half used it once, and I liked it, so it stuck.

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you? South Derbyshire me duck.

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition? To play something other than the 25 ‘pub classics’ everyone else plays.

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one? Custom shop Tele and my newly acquired Pod Go. My steam powered brain is doing quite well with it, but one reason for joining up is I can see I’ll be needing to ask question of bears of bigger brain than I.

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one? Impossible, but if I ever needed to choose a theme song, it’d have to be Voodoo Child (Slight Return)

See yer around then.

• 1) Sometime during school. It's a bit of a wordplay in my language.
    2) Eastern part of Czech Republic.
    3) To have fun.
    4) Cort RB5 Elrick bass.
    5) I can't pick just one, it's just not possible. But if you still *need* just one name, I'll simply put Stairway to Heaven here.

---

Ad 4) Don't worry it's a bass. I'm just about to start guitar. I've been playing bass for some years now and when researching some dirt pedals that works for it, those Youtube algorithms got me hooked to some guitar videos (Andertons, JHS pedals, 60 cycle hum and such). And I lost it obviously. Sure I bought the dirt pedals I wanted for my bass, but I also bought Boss Katana and now I'm hunting for some guitar. And some guitar wisdom to go with it. This seems to be the right place. I'm not a pro, far far FAR from it. But I love music and making some noise gives me fun. And that's the point, isn't it?

• brianlcoxbrianlcox Frets: 10
    edited July 2020

Q1:  Where did you username come from? - My parents

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you? - Switzerland now, but I'm Canadian.

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition? - Play guitar like John Mayer and Eric Clapton had a baby, who was then raised by James Taylor.

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one? Froggy Bottom K

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one? Fire and Rain - I heard it on the radio one morning and bought a guitar just to learn that song. It was a rewarding day when I finally got it!

• Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24302
    edited July 2020
    I'm a bit late to this party, but I'll play....

Q1:  Where did you username come from? - It's a shortened version of my previous username, 'Emperor Fabulous' - which is taken from an Eddie Izzard stand-up routine about the Romans ("There should have been an Emperor Fabulous").

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you? - Swansea (Gower)

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition? - In my youth it was to play "Is this love" by Whitesnake in front of a stadium audience with the warm summer wind blowing in my magnificent mane.  Right now, it's 'I might fancy learning the piano properly', if I can be arsed.

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one? - PRS Soapbar SE 1.

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one? - It's a toss-up between 'Claire de Lune' by Claude Debussy and Vivaldi's 'Winter' from his 'Four Seasons' group of concerti.

Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Also chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • ADawgADawg Frets: 2

Just my first initial and dawg as in dog. Not very original tbh

London!

Hard to say really. Though one goal I have is to cover SRV's Texas Flood.

I have me a PRS Tremonti SE Standard

For guitar, it's gotta be Texas Flood, especially the El Mocambo version. One day I'll be able to play it.

• Hi, my name is Nedelcho Nedelchev, more known as Ned, and I’m sure 98% of you can see where from my username “soundcraft” comes…Living in St Albans, Herts, I used to be a professional touring musician for about 30 years all over the world, starting with a band of 6 people, and finishing as a duo…I've got plenty of guitars, amps and effect processors, but the last my favorite gear is PSR Custom 24 plugged in a Blackstar ID 30 TVP. The track, which I can ever listen to is "Shine all you crazy diamond".