Analogue delay pedal stopped working

What's Hot
erueru Frets: 53
I have a cheapo Cuvave analogue delay pedal that worked fine the last time I used it a couple of months ago. I plugged it in yesterday and, although the light still comes on when in the on position, no signal goes from the pedal to the amp. In the off position the signal passes through as it did before.

I've had a look inside (see pics) and can't see anything obvious to explain why it's not working.

Does anyone know what the problem could be and if it might be possible to fix it?

Thanks.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• BillDLBillDL Frets: 7040
    If you press the footwitch down very slowly and deliberately to click it on and off do you hear any point where it starts to output the processed signal momentarily?
  • erueru Frets: 53
    BillDL said:
    If you press the footwitch down very slowly and deliberately to click it on and off do you hear any point where it starts to output the processed signal momentarily?
    When I discovered the issue yesterday I thought I could hear a brief, faint delay when switching the pedal on, but maybe I imagined it because after trying what you've said (with the amp volume turned up loud and the effect on full) I really can't hear it now.
  • erueru Frets: 53
    Update on this... There's a micro-USB socket on the side of this pedal, which I've just discovered can actually be used to power the pedal (I thought it was for something else). When powered by USB the delay effect works. Not only that, it now works with the 9v input again too! Not sure how that's happened but happy with the outcome. :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom