SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD - 1998 Fender Custom Shop Cunetto Mary Kaye Chrome Limited Arbiter 1950’s Relic Stratocaster

What's Hot
MikeSMikeS Frets: 2133
edited June 2022 in Guitars £
1998 Fender Custom Shop Cunetto Mary Kaye Chrome 1950’s Relic Stratocaster

Very rare Vintage white, Mary Kaye ‘Chrome’ Vince Cunetto Stratocaster. A small extremely limited run of guitars by Fenders European distributer “Arbiter” in 1998.

As the neck plate indicates, this was part of the "Custom Shop Classic Collection" uniquely released for sale in Europe only. This guitar is number 25. The only addition being a professionally copper shielded pickup cavity.

The wood used for this limited run of Cunetto’s is simply jaw dropping. The Birdseye flamed Maple neck is a work of art. One piece Ash body, with translucent vintage white finish. Neck has a 9.5” radius, with 42mm nut width. Width at 12th fret is 51.86mm. Neck thickness at 1st fret is approx 0.850”, and at 12th fret is 0.999”. Neck is sublime and guitar plays effortlessly and is naturally resonant.

Guitar weighs a back friendly 7.90lbs.

Comes as pictured, In its original case with John Page signed C.O.A etc.

Only £2495 3

Now SOLD, thanks to buyer and to forum.

0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• relic245relic245 Frets: 962
    Stunning guitar, I had one from new many years ago.

That is a really great price too. Someone is going to get a lot of guitar for the money.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • @fendermadlewis for your personal collection
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JoeMcJoeMc Frets: 51
    That neck!  <3
  • DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 7117
    Wow , the wood grain on that neck is gorgeous  (as is well he rest of it of course), beautiful Mike
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4183
    That is probably the only white Strat I’ve seen that made my wallet twitch, beautiful guitar  it won’t be around long 
  • jimmyguitarjimmyguitar Frets: 2464
    What does OHPF mean? On hold pending funds I presume?
  • MikeSMikeS Frets: 2133
    @jimmyguitar ; yes, "On hold pending funds", means someones said "yes please, I'll take it", but hasn't paid yet.

It's now sold

• maw4neumaw4neu Frets: 556
    What a beautiful guitar . . . ! ! Congratulations to the lucky new owner :-)
    Id just like to point out that, despite all the video and DNA evidence, it genuinely wasn't me, your Honour  ! 

• sweepysweepy Frets: 4183
    Someone got a bargain and one hell of a Strat, nice one :)
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5015
    edited June 2022
    Lovely guitar and good to see it back for sale on here again at a decent price. Congrats to seller and buyer. 
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5153
    I watched it for a while, but It didn’t quite line up for me again this time unfortunately…hopefully a regular on here snagged it and we might cross paths at some point in the future.. B)
  • bgmartinsbridgebgmartinsbridge Frets: 2860
    edited April 2023
    Just been offered this and told its worth 5500.

The seller then said he bought it two months ago on reverb, from a member on here. 

Got to laugh. Now that's inflation. 
  • MikeSMikeS Frets: 2133
    Usual story though isnt it.

I sold it to @Luxxman in june '22

• DontgiveupyourdayjobDontgiveupyourdayjob Frets: 3821
    edited April 2023
    I acquired a lovely Cunetto-era Custom Shop Strat a few months back. It's good to know that it's doubled in value in the last couple of months. Hurrah for inflation! 
  • Strat54Strat54 Frets: 2377
    My friends lovely sunburst 60 Cunetto Strat made £2800 plus buyers prem at the last Gardiner & Houlgate auction. It went straight to FB market place for £3800 and is now with the same seller for £4200 on Reverb. I bought the guitar from Wildwood in the US about 20 yrs ago when the dollar was two to the pound. With duty and shipping it cost me £1100. Nice guitars but in reality no better than any used £2800 FCS relic today. Everyone is a chancer these days. The auction house isn't helping with its exorbitant fees either.
  • chris78chris78 Frets: 9300
    It’s never worth £5,500 but there’s a world of difference between a third party selling a guitar on a year later and someone immediately buying to flip, which happens on here sometimes
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom