Boss RC 5 vs RC3

BlueStratBlueStrat Frets: 966
Does anyone have an RC5 yet?
if so, is it worth the extra over the RC3?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SupportactSupportact Frets: 947
    I bought an RC3 a shorr while ago. I would have gone for the RC5 but i ended up going for the RC3 because it has a mini jack input which i wanted (so i can record stuff onto it from my phone headphone output mainly). 

The RC5 i believe has a midi socket instead which i wouldn't use. If that doesn't matter to you i think the RC5 did have some improvements in other areas. I've been quite happy with the RC3 though. 
  • BlueStratBlueStrat Frets: 966
    I bought an RC3 a shorr while ago. I would have gone for the RC5 but i ended up going for the RC3 because it has a mini jack input which i wanted (so i can record stuff onto it from my phone headphone output mainly). 

The RC5 i believe has a midi socket instead which i wouldn't use. If that doesn't matter to you i think the RC5 did have some improvements in other areas. I've been quite happy with the RC3 though. 
    Would you record backing tracks from YouTube, something along those lines?
    @BlueStrat yeah exactly, backing tracks or full songs. Or sometimes I'd have an mp3 of a rhythm part for a new song on my phone. You can just use a mini jack cable and record it into the pedal and then jam along over it. Good for practicing or writing guitar parts.

I seem to find that easier than using the software /usb to get sounds onto it. Might be my age that though! 
  • BlueStratBlueStrat Frets: 966
    That’s pretty cool @Supportact ;, I didn’t know you could do that. I assumed you could only export/import loops you’d saved on the pedal
    It works pretty well. The only down side is that if you record tracks from various sources and save them each onto a separate slot on the pedal, you can end up with variations in volume from track to track. So you have to be careful when scrolling between them to adjust the volume each time. I imagine if you only use the backing tracks from the Boss software they would be a bit more uniform.