HX Stomp for acoustic?

What's Hot
lincolnbluelincolnblue Frets: 294
I'm considering selling my individual pedals and going for a HX Stomp for my acoustic - just to keep everything neater and give me more options of effects should I need them. Is it a good idea for this or is there something else worth considering? Don't want anything bigger
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• menamestommenamestom Frets: 4679

They do work very well, as per my comment in the other thread re IR's etc.  The only thing that you may miss is more immediate access to physical EQ and feedback suppression controls.  IR's sound good but they can bring back some of the inherent eq issues you get with microphones and acoustics.  

I've not tried any alternatives, but something like the Tech 21 might be a bit more immediate and simpler in operation.
  • lincolnbluelincolnblue Frets: 294

They do work very well, as per my comment in the other thread re IR's etc.  The only thing that you may miss is more immediate access to physical EQ and feedback suppression controls.  IR's sound good but they can bring back some of the inherent eq issues you get with microphones and acoustics.  

I've not tried any alternatives, but something like the Tech 21 might be a bit more immediate and simpler in operation.
    Thanks. I looked at things like the Tech 21 Acoustic Fly but they only have chorus as modulation. 

• TheBigDipperTheBigDipper Frets: 4766
    <snip>
    Thanks. I looked at things like the Tech 21 Acoustic Fly but they only have chorus as modulation. 
    I'm back to using just plugging K&K Pure Mini guitars (no preamps in the instruments) into a FlyRig Acoustic for "acoustic only" performance (as opposed to acoustic in a band mix, which I don't do). I did run an HX FX focused on acoustic sounds at one point, including having an IR, but it was just too much fuss and nonsense in the end. I thought I'd want more options, but I never actually used them. I'm pretty pleased that my feeble attempts at selling it in in the past failed, as it's where I'm now happiest. It's small, light and truly plug 'n' play - which suits me. If I'm looping, I just plug a Ditto in at the end. The signal path of the guitar is all analogue. The chorus, delay and reverb are digital, run in parallel and get blended back in at the end. 

• BidleyBidley Frets: 2926
    When I was gigging in an acoustic duo I used my LT with guitar and mandolin. Best I've ever sounded, and the most simple as well. I didn't tend to use much modulation (thought it was nice to have the option), but the delay and reverbs sounded great. IRs made the biggest impact though, as well as the EQ options.
  • lincolnbluelincolnblue Frets: 294
    Bidley said:
    When I was gigging in an acoustic duo I used my LT with guitar and mandolin. Best I've ever sounded, and the most simple as well. I didn't tend to use much modulation (thought it was nice to have the option), but the delay and reverbs sounded great. IRs made the biggest impact though, as well as the EQ options.
    LT? 
  • BidleyBidley Frets: 2926
    Bidley said:
    LT? 

Helix LT.
  • I'm considering selling my individual pedals and going for a HX Stomp for my acoustic - just to keep everything neater and give me more options of effects should I need them. Is it a good idea for this or is there something else worth considering? Don't want anything bigger
    I have a stomp I'm thinking of selling. So if you do decide on it let me know. 

Instagram is Rocknrollismyescape -

FOR SALE - Catalinbread Echorec, Sonic Blue classic player strat and a Digitech bad monkey

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I'm considering selling my individual pedals and going for a HX Stomp for my acoustic - just to keep everything neater and give me more options of effects should I need them. Is it a good idea for this or is there something else worth considering? Don't want anything bigger
    I have a stomp I'm thinking of selling. So if you do decide on it let me know. 
    Do you still have the stomp for sale?