SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Back up at crazy price Vintage Gibson ES-330TD (1967/8 ) £4,500 or reasonable offer

What's Hot
jakeollyjakeolly Frets: 120
edited May 1 in Guitars £
I bought this about 20 years ago, from an elderly gentleman called Paul in Sutton Coldfield
Never been gigged. It has the classic 330 sweetness and growl respectively and is just lovely to play The neck has had a refinish. Pauls explanation was that it had originally been owned by a professional guitarist  in Scotland, who gigged it regularly and had had it redone to protect it when the original lacquer wore off. I’ve viewed it under blacklight and can't see any sign of break or repair so have no reason to doubt him . It has replacement tuners( kluson ) , nut and bridge but i have the originals too. I could have put them all back on and it would be all original, but it wouldnt play as well, so that seems daft to me
Also one of the knobs is odd . It came that way
Original finish ,  pots, pickups, scratchplate,  etc
sounds great,  plays great. Frets arent high but it’s priced  to allow for refret if you so desire but plays perfectly as it stands  
Period correct case
 No label, it never had one . Not uncommon i understand
Would prefer you tried it here in S12. No trades i don't think, I  defo want some cash my way.
Paypal or Bank transfer. 
2reaction image LOL 26reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• jakeollyjakeolly Frets: 120
    edited November 2022
    Bump 
    seems someone left a lol with the ‘comment ‘ nice try’ suggesting I am ‘ trying it on’  I didn’t realise I was 
    Am I asking too much or what ? 
    Comments like that seem a bit’ off ‘ to me, I prefer straight talk 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8190
    I can see a lol but I can't see any comment.

Bottom line is that it is against the rules for people to comment on prices in a for sale thread. But that also means that people can't really reply to your comment when you say 'am I asking too much?'

Good luck with the sale - it looks lovely. Don't be put off by people's snideness.
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Sweet looking axe, GLWTS
  • Hattigol said:

Bottom line is that it is against the rules for people to comment on prices in a for sale thread. But that also means that people can't really reply to your comment when you say 'am I asking too much?'

There is a lol but that's often from fat-fingers on mobile rather than malicious intent. 

I don't think the price is unreasonable at all. Fantastic guitars these and I'd be tempted if I was in the UK
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • There's a sold ES-330 on ATB Guitars that was listed at £6,250 from 1967, so I don't think there's anything lol-worthy, probably just clumsy thumbs. Anyway, this one is gorgeous, good luck with it!  
    Thanks gentlemen, Im reassured, what a nice place this is☺️
  • DB1DB1 Frets: 5025
    Another thing to consider is that if you accidentally (or on purpose!) click a lol, wow or wis on your own post, it there's a message that flashes up with 'nice try'. It could well have been that. That's a nice looking 330.
    Call me Dave.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    edited November 2022
    Yep, sounds about right, so my own ineptitude results in my being hurt/ narked.
    sounds about right. Thanks everybody, your help is much appreciated 
    Bump 
    Bump 
    For the price of a new one?
     Really ?
  • marxskimarxski Frets: 251
    That is a fine looking guitar and a decent price 
  • joeWjoeW Frets: 467
    Thankfully all the gorgeous vintage Gibbos are miles away from me - looks a beauty 
  • guitarjack66guitarjack66 Frets: 1888
    Hattigol said:

There is a lol but that's often from fat-fingers on mobile rather than malicious intent. 

I don't think the price is unreasonable at all. Fantastic guitars these and I'd be tempted if I was in the UK
    You have something similar on your avatar too.
    I have no idea if your price is too high and it's well out of my price range but,that is a beauty of a guitar and I hope you get a price it certainly deserves. And that shouldn't be cheap at all!
    Bump
  • BrizeBrize Frets: 5633
    stickyfiddle said:

Yep, probably this - I once Wis'd one of Emp's posts on my mobile.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Frantic1Frantic1 Frets: 37
    Beautiful looking instrument....and that is definately a fair price for its condition and year.....and i love your decorated Dog cushion too .....GLWTS
    Thanks everybody, most kind.
    Bump 
    Easter bump