Vintage recording gear for new studio

We're in the process of moving into a new studio (new build from the ground up) and tearing down the old building. Part of the new studio was designed to incorporate vintage desks, reverbs etc.

The last 12 months as been hectic just building the place (let alone all the planning rules, heath and safety), and sourcing any vintage gear was put aside.

Does anyone know anyone who is selling 60's valve studio equipment or old RCA, STC and Sony stuff. Even old Ampex transport machines ?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33725
    Look on Gearslutz. Funkyjunk might be able to help too, but they are £££.
  • Funky Junk, they aren't expensive the gear is and at least if they sell it to you you've got a fighting chance that it will work and they will know how it works and give you some sort of back up.

www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
  • Cheers guys. I've been put on to an EMI TG consul and an EMT plate reverb

• octatonic said:
    Look on Gearslutz. Funkyjunk might be able to help too, but they are £££.
    I don't know if you're aware of this but GS classifieds are closed to new members.  I've been a lurker for years and recently joined up but haven't started posting yet because I'm not really recording anything at the minute.  I have literally no clue if I'll ever be a regular enough member to see the classifieds anyway based on the FAQ, it is very vague.

http://www.gearslutz.com/board/faq.php?faq=vb_faq#faq_classifiedsaccess

Why can't I access the Classifieds?
    Gearslutz.com has a Second Hand Classifieds section which is available only to established, long-term members for reasons of security and fairness. In September 2012 we switched from a "wait-period" to a "wait-list" type system. There is a fairly lengthy list already. The list is automated and when you registered you are automatically added. Eventually, you will be able to see the Classifieds once you establish yourself as a contributing forum member (no notification will be given). The requirements for approval are amended from time to time.

Please do not email or PM the forum administrators asking them to override this system, no correspondence will be entered into regarding your access.

• I noticed that. I sourced the desk and reverb through old contacts.  Because its a commercial business, an agency is sourcing the gear direct.

• stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7082
    edited October 2013
    You should check these auctions out

Occasionally this place get s recording gear

Funky Junk was always my preferred place to go when I lived in London.

Every few years I also do an event where people buy and sell used gear, just the last one was so quiet I haven't had the energy to do another.

Win a Cort G250 SE Guitar in our Guitar Bomb Free UK Giveaway