clip on microphone

hello looking at the possibility of using a simple clip on mic to amplify my dobro, anyone use one in this way, spotted a korg cm200, cheap as chips on amazon, primarily used for improving signal to tuners, anyone plugged one of these into an amp?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

•  

At the price there's not much to lose really but I wouldn't expect a great sound.  You really need a clip on condenser mic I would have though but they can get very expensive and need external power.

You might be better with a cheap lapel microphone although you'd have to check they are not too sensitive.

If you can get a cheap magnetic soundhole pickup on there somehow, that might work best (although realist you probably have not got a soundhole!)

• This is interesting... how DO you mic up a guitar other than the usual "sit in front of the mic on a stool"?
  • LewyLewy Frets: 4169
    There are some dedicated clip on mics for guitar. None of the good ones are cheap, and all of them are only viable in sympathetic sound situations. The LR Baggs lyric is an internal mic that sounds good and has a clever preamp that gets rid of all the boxy "inside the guitar" frequencies.
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5458
    What about the stick-on contact mics? They stick on the front of  the instrument rather than clip in to the soundhole. I've seen folk use them at open mic nights

• Audica do a range but they are not cheap at over a £100 
  • Reckon I'll just put a pic in front of the guitar lol..