SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS/FT Schecter Nick Johnston Strat £500

What's Hot
PetepassionPetepassion Frets: 853
edited April 16 in Guitars £
Schecter Nick Johnston Strat £500.
Excellent condition, beautifully put together and finished, plays and sounds great. Very little use since new.
The two pin trem works great and stays in tune well.
As with all neck profiles it comes down to personal preference. I'd say this is slim in depth and slightly wider across the fretboard, maybe closer to a Gibson than Fender, slim C according to their website. Personally I think it feels great. The back of the neck feels great too.
A colour I really didn't like, but has grown on me since. It's not quite as pastel as it appears in the photos, maybe a little more vibrant.
I tend to grab my other Strat most times, so thought I might move this on, but not really desperate at the moment.
Comes with a Fender soft padded carry case.
Weight is 3.69kg.
Here's the website for more details...
https://www.schecterguitars.com/Nick-Johnston-Traditional

Short vid of me having a go...
https://youtu.be/AzzhM3T7OaA?si=nqDpiMPP20dHNE5P

Sold...
US Fender Telecaster Performer 2018 £725(SOLD)
2011 Gibson Les Paul standard £1300(SOLD)
‘It is no measure of good health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society’
0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• 4on64on6 Frets: 86
    Hi. Do you know which neck profile this has by any chance?? 60s slim taper? Mid 50s chunky .. I know it’s so subjective.. but if you could give us some indication it would be appreciated by many I’d hazard a guess. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • PetepassionPetepassion Frets: 853
    From memory I think I read it’s a hybrid. Kinda ‘60’s, but gets a little chunkier as you go up the neck.
       I have small hands with pork sausage fingers lol, but get on fine with this neck(my favourite being a ‘60’s profile).
       Bit busy at the moment, but when I get chance I’ll try and find specs or a link to this exact model.
       Not heavy either, once again I believe they were lightened, but not with the big internal chambers, more like a few internal holes.
    ‘It is no measure of good health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society’
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Copied this off the web, pretty sure same as mine…

New Asymmetrical Neck Profile
    The 2011 Les Paul Standard features Gibson’s newer neck profile—an asymmetrical design that makes it one of the most comfortable and playable necks ever offered on any guitar. The new ergonomically-correct profile is tapered, and designed to be thicker on the bass side, and thinner on the treble side, closely outlining the natural form of the hand as it grips the neck. The Les Paul Standard necks are machined in Gibson’s rough mill using wood shapers to make the initial cuts. Once the rosewood fingerboard gets glued on, the rest—including the final sanding—is done by hand. That means there are no two necks with the exact same dimensions. So while it still has the basic characteristics of its respective profile, each neck will be slightly different, with a distinct but traditional feel.

Chambered Mahogany Body
    This Les Paul Standard benefits from Gibson’s proven chambering technique, which leaves each guitar with perfect tone, balance, and weight. Prior to gluing the maple cap on top of the mahogany body, the expert craftsmen at Gibson carve out carefully mapped-out chambers in the body using a Computer Numeric Controlled (CNC) router.

TonePros Locking Tune-o-matic Bridge and Locking Stopbar Tailpiece
    The Tune-o-matic bridge was the brainchild of legendary Gibson president Ted McCarty in 1954, setting the standard for simplicity and functionality that has never been bettered. The 2011 Les Paul Standard features TonePros locking Nashville Tune-o-matic in a chrome finish, which has saddle adjustment screws on the pickup side, and pre-notched saddles for quick installation. The chrome locking stopbar tailpiece is also from TonePros. These parts come with locking studs designed to secure both components firmly to the body so that there is no lean, yielding a great union between the strings and body which results in excellent tone and sustain.

Pickups: Gibson Burstbucker Pros
    Gibson’s drive to recapture the magic of the original “Patent Applied For” humbucker pickups of the 1950s culminated with the introduction of the Burstbucker line in the early 1990s. In 2002, Gibson followed up this innovative accomplishment with yet another breakthrough in pickup design—the Burstbucker Pro, designed specifically for the new Les Paul Standards. The Burstbucker Pro features an Alnico V magnet (instead of the Alnico II), which offers slightly higher output and allows preamps to be driven a little harder to achieve a more natural break-up. Like all Burstbuckers, the Burstbucker Pro has asymmetrical coils—true to the original PAFs—which supply a more open sound. The Burstbucker Pro Neck is wound slightly less than the original PAFs, while the Burstbucker Pro Bridge is slightly overwound for increased output. The Burstbucker Pro pickups are also wax potted to allow loud volume pressures with minimal feedback.

Revolutionary Plek Set Up
    The Les Paul Standard is one of the first models from Gibson USA to utilize the revolutionary Plek machine in setting up the guitar. The Plek is a German-made, computer controlled machine that carefully measures each fret, along with the fingerboard height under each string, and then automatically dresses each fret, virtually eliminating string buzz and greatly improving the overall playability of the guitar. This pioneering process does in minutes what it takes a luthier several hours—sometimes even days—to accomplish. Every fret is accurately aligned, and the guitar is properly intonated, leaving the instrument “Plek’d” and amazingly playable.

Locking Grover Tuners
    This Les Paul Standard is outfitted with locking tuners from Grover, which deliver ease of use through a standard tuner and positive locking mechanism that securely locks each string in place. Simply insert each string through the string hole, turn the dial on the bottom of the tuner to lock the string, and begin tuning. Each string can be tuned to pitch in less than one complete revolution of the post. These Grover machine heads feature completely sealed components with an improved 18:1 tuning ratio.

GUITAR SPECS:

Body Style: Les Paul Standard carved top

Top Species: Maple Top and Mahogany Back 

Binding: Antique Cream Hardware

Tailpiece: Tone Pros Locking Stop Bar

Bridge: Tone Pros Locking Tune-O-Matic Style

Tuners: Locking Grover Keystone Electronics

Neck Pickup: Burstbucker Pro

Bridge Pickup: Burstbucker Pro

Controls: 2 Volume - 2 Tone - 3-Way Toggle

Control Knobs: Amber Top Hats

Nut: Corian

Nut Width: Standard Gibson: 1.695" +/- .050"

Fingerboard Species: Rosewood

Inlays: Figured Acrylic Trapezoid

Fingerboard Binding: Antique Cream

Number of Frets: 22

Scale Length: 24 - 3/4"

Plek Setup: Yes

Weight: 8.8lbs.

• robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    Lovely top on that. Nice price too. GLWTS
    roberty said:
    Lovely top on that. Nice price too. GLWTS
    Thanks, it’s a lovely guitar all round. Had no intention of selling, but other stuff I want to try…and if it’s not being used, little point in keeping it.
    Price drop to £1350
    Final price drop, £1300
  • US Fender Telecaster for sale £725
  • Still for sale, excellent condition and the option of Monty's 50's Broadcaster pick ups and '50's wiring loom.
    Bumping a lovely American Telecaster with the option of Monty’s pick ups and wiring for little extra 
    Now £775 with the Monty's Broadcaster pickups and complete wiring loom
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 11705
    That Tele is an absolute 100% steal.  GLWTS.
    Offset said:
    That Tele is an absolute 100% steal.  GLWTS.
    Thanks, I guess gear is just slow moving at the moment
  • WYNIR0WYNIR0 Frets: 359
    Thats lovely. If I were in the market I'd be all over that. Have a bump

monquixote said:
    I agree with WYNIRO much as personally I think he is a total cock.

WYNIR0 said:
    Thats lovely. If I were in the market I'd be all over that. Have a bump

Thanks.
    Just updated some of the specs 
    edited March 20
    Tele on hold, now sold
    should have Monty's Broadcaster pickups and wiring for sale in the next couple of days
    edited April 16

FS/FT Schecter Nick Johnston Strat £500

Guitar bump
    Schecter Nick Johnston Strat back up for sale as I've just bought a '62 reissue.