SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD: Guild A-150 Savoy Archtop (£795!)

What's Hot
razorbillrazorbill Frets: 86
edited July 2023 in Guitars £
Collection in Newcastle or can meet nearby (within an hour or so on the train), otherwise open to shipping. Just moved house so have a plenty of bubble wrap! 

Guild A-150 Savoy Blonde Archtop (£795)

I recently picked up a Guild Artist Award which has made this guitar a little redundant. Bought this in Inverness a little over a year ago in practically unplayed condition. It is still mint (at least I couldn't find any marks) and comes with the original sturdy hardcase. This is the newest iteration with the volume/tone knobs tucked away under the pick guard. Lovely flamed back and sides with a solid pressed spruce top 

The one improvement I made was having The Guitar Workshop in Glasgow swap the stock DeArmond 1000 for an 1100 during a setup, which imo made quite the difference (adjustable pole pieces are handy too). The guitar is strung with Thomastik Jazz flats (13s) and sounds pretty strong acoustically, nearly as loud as the Artist Award. 

I'm looking for £795. If the guitar I am looking at goes I'll probably hold onto this, they really are great value for what you get 

Gretsch G6128-1959 Vintage Select Duo Jet (£1795) NOW SOLD

A truly stunning guitar that I am still reluctant to post. The lovely V-shaped neck on this that is one of the best I've tried. In truly mint condition, still have all of the tags/original certificate. It still had the plastic on it when I got it. The guitar has had a pro setup two months ago with Thomastik flats which I think suit the guitar well, but that can obviously be swapped out.

Only reason I'm considering parting with this one is that I have been leaning more towards acoustic playing recently and probably have too many electrics--my 6120 is more than sufficient for a Gretsch sound when I want it and this stunning guitar should really be played more. Looks like Coda is getting more of these in September for £2600!, so may as well skip the wait and get a like-new one for a much more reasonable price.

Full specs: https://www.gretschguitars.com/gear/build/solid-body/g6128t-59-vintage-select-59-duo-jet-with-bigsby

More pics: https://imgur.com/a/fZmP5ve
0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Jazzy_JakeJazzy_Jake Frets: 132
    I have one of these with the same pickup mod, really lovely guitar and especially good value at this price!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • razorbillrazorbill Frets: 86
    Thanks! Yeah the pickup swap makes a difference with this guitar imo (with the RC1000 it sounded the slightest bit inbalanced). 

Though honestly I had been playing it mostly acoustically 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6402
    edited May 2023
    Bargain-tastic (The Guild) !  GLWS (have a bump)
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    TTT! Fair bit of interest across here and marketplace but still available for now 
    Gretsch Duo Jet added! 
  • bobaccobobacco Frets: 535
    Phwoar, that Duo Jet is handsome. GLWTS!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    bobacco said:
    Phwoar, that Duo Jet is handsome. GLWTS!
    Thanks! It really is something special, even more so in person.

I would consider reasonable offers this week as there’s something I may have my eye on, if anyone is on the fence ;) 
    Hope everyone is having a nice weekend :) 
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 5837
    The VS 59 is my absolute favourite Jet ever. A proper proper Gretsch. 
    Images briefly broke but should be working again. Had the Guild on hold for a minute but the buyer had to pull out last minute.

The VS 59 really is the best jet, strongly considering being financially irresponsible and withdrawing it! 
  • DB1DB1 Frets: 5028
    Two lovely guitars there!
    Call me Dave.
  • 4on64on6 Frets: 87
    Sir! I covet your Guild Savoy. Please assure me it doesn’t resemble an Ox in any way??? Seriously.. if I missed any reference in your original text I apologise.. but are you interested in any trades ? (I may as well ask huh?!) 
    Appreciate the interest, it is a stunner! In general I'm not looking for trades on either, but it doesn't hurt to message. 

I would trade the '59 for a '57 VS Duo Jet in Cadillac Green, among a few other select things   
    'lil bump 
    up up up. Should mention that it would be possible to arrange meeting up in (or somewhere along the way to) London, my partner goes down for work. Have had a few folks message about that

Packing up for shipping is no bother, though :)
    Hope all are having a nice weekend! 
    A fair amount of interest/offers but surprisingly still available! I might consider trades towards acoustics as well
    I meant to add that I would consider near offers as well :) 
    Gretsch now sold on ebay, Guild still available 
    bump!