The F1 thread

What's Hot

Comments

• ColsCols Frets: 6953
    Fortunately for Horner, the engine budget isn’t part of the cost cap; that comes in in 2026.  So he can grenade as many of them as he likes.  The cost cap is for the chassis side.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17136
    I just don’t get the rabid hatred. Think of Horner as a pantomime baddie, or an actor playing the part of a baddie. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26753
    Cols said:
    Fortunately for Horner, the engine budget isn’t part of the cost cap; that comes in in 2026.  So he can grenade as many of them as he likes.  The cost cap is for the chassis side.

Ta, I couldn't remember what the rules were on engines. So just fewer orange t shirts and a couple less rear wings then! 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • euaneuan Frets: 1398
    Fretwired said:

Mercedes seem confident about Monaco - I thought they had problems going around corners. I guess we'll see at the year's most boring race. I be happy to see it scrapped in favour of a real race track.

Up until Spain Mercedes we’re often the fastest in low speed corners. Basically the bendy floor was being able to seal sooner. They might be able to run it without the risk of porpoising because of the lower overall speed  
  • EmielEmiel Frets: 212
    euan said:
    Fretwired said:

Mercedes seem confident about Monaco - I thought they had problems going around corners. I guess we'll see at the year's most boring race. I be happy to see it scrapped in favour of a real race track.

Up until Spain Mercedes we’re often the fastest in low speed corners. Basically the bendy floor was being able to seal sooner. They might be able to run it without the risk of porpoising because of the lower overall speed  
    Mercedes fastest in low speed corners you say?

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/mercedes-monaco-f1-expectations-lower/10310252/
    Emiel said:
    euan said:
    Fretwired said:

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/mercedes-monaco-f1-expectations-lower/10310252/
    When has Toto ever not been cagey about a race weekend though? Even when they were a clear dominant 1-2 every week 
  • euaneuan Frets: 1398
    Emiel said:

That’s why I said up until Spain. Old floor vs new stiffer floor. I’d also suggest the reason why the Mercedes tyres were out of the window for sector three was because of the lift and coasting they were doing. 

Time will tell. 
  • EmielEmiel Frets: 212
    euan said:
    Emiel said:

That’s why I said up until Spain. Old floor vs new stiffer floor. I’d also suggest the reason why the Mercedes tyres were out of the window for sector three was because of the lift and coasting they were doing. 

Time will tell. 
    Lift and coasting during qualifying is a new to me. Are they sandbagging again like in the early days of the V6 Turbo Hybrid era?  ;)

We'll see. Hopefully Monaco won't be the usual borefest.
  • sinbaadisinbaadi Frets: 1297
    Teams should be fined for missing races due to blowing the budget, and should carry weight penalties to offset any performance advantage they might have gained by spending it all on development of next year's car instead of on people of logistics of parts to run the team this year.  Horner would do that in a heartbeat, and blame the rules for them missing the races.
  • markr76markr76 Frets: 360
    Emiel said:
    euan said:
    Emiel said:

Time will tell. 
    Lift and coasting during qualifying is a new to me. Are they sandbagging again like in the early days of the V6 Turbo Hybrid era?  ;)

We'll see. Hopefully Monaco won't be the usual borefest.
    They were only lifting an coasting at the end of the race because reliability worries. The race in Spain was a particularly hot race and Hamilton had a problem that could have damaged the power unit. 
    sinbaadi said:
    Teams should be fined for missing races due to blowing the budget, and should carry weight penalties to offset any performance advantage they might have gained by spending it all on development of next year's car instead of on people of logistics of parts to run the team this year.  Horner would do that in a heartbeat, and blame the rules for them missing the races.
    I’m reasonably sure that the Concorde Agreement doesn’t allow teams to pick and choose which races they attend, and exacts heavy financial penalties for non-attendance.
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7350
    Cols said:
    sinbaadi said:
    I’m reasonably sure that the Concorde Agreement doesn’t allow teams to pick and choose which races they attend, and exacts heavy financial penalties for non-attendance.

And I suspect their sponsor contracts would see them penalised compared to being at all races 
    Red ones are better. 
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17136
    I’m waiting to see whether Hamster removes his jewellery.

• CavemanGroggCavemanGrogg Frets: 2955

I don't think he will, I honestly think he's lost interest in racing, and wants out, his heart doesn't seem to be in it anymore.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SimonhSimonh Frets: 1358
    he will
    They’ve extended the exemption for the next three races.

That nose stud must be really tricky to remove.
    They'll quietly reword the requirement once people have another big story to write about. If you're in a crash so bad that a nose or ear stud causes problems you are FUCKED 
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    They'll quietly reword the requirement once people have another big story to write about. If you're in a crash so bad that a nose or ear stud causes problems you are FUCKED 

Agreed. The FIA won't want a public spat with Hamilton.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3576
    Fretwired said:

Agreed. The FIA won't want a public spat with Hamilton.
    I’m thinking LH is making the point that the authorities ought to get the administration of the race correct (him having been denied last years championship) rather than mess about with his “fashion” choices. Or maybe I’m reading it wrong.