The F1 thread

What's Hot

Comments

• ColsCols Frets: 6993
    Fretwired said:
    They'll quietly reword the requirement once people have another big story to write about. If you're in a crash so bad that a nose or ear stud causes problems you are FUCKED 

Agreed. The FIA won't want a public spat with Hamilton.
    It’s a bit late for that, and neither the FIA nor Hamilton are covering themselves in glory here. 

The FIA are looking like petty sticklers for the rules, as they’ve been unable to clearly articulate an authoritative case for why it’s a significant safety risk for drivers to take to the track dripping with jewellery.

And Hamilton’s looking like a spoilt kid who’d rather look stylish than drive an F1 car.

How on earth does one weld a nose piercing in anyway?  Sounds bloody dangerous.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • musicegbdfmusicegbdf Frets: 409
    Fretwired said:
    I just don't see what's in a move to AM for DannyRic. I don't think he wants to stay in F1 just to make up the numbers. If he's going backwards then what's the point?

Agreed. There are some talented young drivers looking for an F1 seat. I can see a big clearout at some point with DannyRic, Vettel, Alonso and even Hamilton leaving F1 along with some of the underperformers like Schumacher and Latifi.

I'd love to see Norris replace Hamilton at Mercedes. He'd give Verstappen a hard time if he had a fast Mercedes - I think Norris is the better driver.

Plus 1 on all your points . Really think Lando could be even better than George. It is time for the old school to move on.
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17136
    Cols said:
    Fretwired said:
    They'll quietly reword the requirement once people have another big story to write about. If you're in a crash so bad that a nose or ear stud causes problems you are FUCKED 

It’s a bit late for that, and neither the FIA nor Hamilton are covering themselves in glory here. 

The FIA are looking like petty sticklers for the rules, as they’ve been unable to clearly articulate an authoritative case for why it’s a significant safety risk for drivers to take to the track dripping with jewellery.

And Hamilton’s looking like a spoilt kid who’d rather look stylish than drive an F1 car.

I think there's a point of principle at stake. From both sides.

I could get that nose ring out in about 5 seconds with some side cuts. And with no damage.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4530
    Danny Ric just binned it at the swimming pool on his first lap out in FP3
    Right.

I'm predicting a Ferrari 1 - 2 in Quali, and the race.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4530
    L'eclair could do with a win in his home town so I've my fingers crossed for the young chap
  • proggyproggy Frets: 5835
    Cols said:
    Fretwired said:

I think there's a point of principle at stake. From both sides.

I could get that nose ring out in about 5 seconds with some side cuts. And with no damage.
    If Hamilton does refuse to remove all his jewellery we could end up having two Prince Alberts on the podium.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12361
    edited May 2022
    Right.

Well that’s them fucked then 
    #chillikissofdeath.  ;)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Hamster only 12th in FP2? WTF?

Must be the weight of the jewelry slowing him down.

Vettel - Get your hair cut, you scruffy bastard!

Hamster only 12th in FP2? WTF?

Must be the weight of the jewelry slowing him down.
    And a full 8 tenths off Russell.

They seem to be running an incredibly stiff setup, and Hamilton doesn’t have the confidence to get on the kerbs, on the throttle early and close to the walls.  Nearly all of Russell’s advantage comes through the chicane, swimming pool and Tabac where all of this is key.
  • sinbaadisinbaadi Frets: 1302
    Charles looks pretty much a cut above!

Fingers crossed he can just run away with it and there's a decent scrap for the podium places.
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12361
    Right.

Well, well, who’d a thunk it? Hope you had a few bob on that result.  ;)
    boogieman said:
    Right.

Well, well, who’d a thunk it? Hope you had a few bob on that result.  ;)

I had to get it right at some point!

I heard rain is predicted for the race, though. That'll spice up what is usually a boring race.

Verstappen looked scruffy all the way through Q3; uncharacteristically trailing Perez, he seemed to be overdriving.  He claims he could have got onto the front row if the session hadn’t been red flagged, but realistically he wasn’t able to match Perez’s pace let alone overhaul Sainz.

If it’s dry today I’m sure the Ferraris will romp off into the distance.  Hopefully it’s wet, and Max sticks it in the wall in a fit of pique and overdriving.

Kudos to Vettel for getting the Aston Martin into 8th - that’s well above the level of the car.  Sympathy for Ricciardo, who badly needs a good result and is unlikely to get one starting 9 places back from Norris.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26963
    Yeah, Max was overdriving yesterday - he’d have gone quicker if he’d relaxed (not easy, obvs!) 

Im about to jump in the car for a 3 hour drive. Hope I can get 5live working
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4699

Yeah, Max was overdriving yesterday - he’d have gone quicker if he’d relaxed (not easy, obvs!) 

At this rate you’ll be able to catch the start at your destination!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26963

At this rate you’ll be able to catch the start at your destination!
    I’ve had it on the 5live commentary. They made a 65 minute delay sound quite good! 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7412
    Blimey - half a car... 
    Red ones are better. 
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4699
    TimmyO said:
    Blimey - half a car... 
    Wow.  When I first saw that I didn’t know what I was looking at and the commentator's didn’t clear it up immediately either.

At first I thought it was 2 Haas cars -  one facing front and one facing backwards, but then realised that couldn’t be the case.  Then there was a massive feeling io dread but quickly saw Mick getting out of the car.  So all okay fortunately.

Bit of a Ferrari mess up but there will be a lot more action yet.

This is one of those races that is like an eventful day of test match cricket!