SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

***SOLD***: UNIQUE Ibanez RGKP6 Kaoss pad w/distortion circuit £400 ono

bad_alicebad_alice Frets: 259
edited August 2023 in Guitars £

Where to start? 

<scratches head>

Because as electric guitars go, this is about as joyously experimental as Ibanez get. 

First of all, let's address the elephant in the room. This RG screams Matt Bellamy. The Kaoss pad and on onboard gain circuit are 100% his modus operandi. But while a Manson Matt Bellamy model with these features included will cost you around £4.5K(!) Ibanez have managed to deliver a similar package at a much more bank account friendly price point. 

And hey, as demonstrated by my own decidedly average playing in the vid below, it's for non shredders too...

http://youtu.be/-1PN7mSWuu4

These are relatively rare to find on the secondhand market in as good nick as this one is and with all parts  fully working, so grab a coffee, settle back on the sofa and let me run you through the main points that make this guitar an extraordinarily feature loaded guitar.

• toggle activated high gain (think, metal) in built distortion circuit (powered by 9V battery)

• Korg KAOSS Mini 2S touch pad that's preloaded with 100 effects including EDM sounds, slicers, filters, pitch shifting, modulation, delays, reverbs and more. Oh, and it has a range of backing tracks preloaded too. Yup.All effects can be controlled by the touchpad. Menus easily accessed and adjusted by touch slider just behind the main touchpad. Powered by 2x AA batteries

• "Hold" function - allows you to freeze an effect and take your hand away from the touchpad to play over the frozen effect. Very usable!

• Port for a memory card to allow you to upload your own effects/samples to trigger and/or control at will, as well as record yourself playing this axe too.

• On board mic to allow you to speak/yell/sing into the Kaoss pad and have that vocal come out of your cab with a megaphone effect added.

• 1/8th headphone port to allow private listening as you prepare to reign down your own sonic apocalypse on all of humanity.

• on board Espresso machine. Okay...that one's a lie. Just checking you're still with me.

"Lights ON!"...

Lights OFF!"

In short, this is a truly ambitious and thoroughly BONKERS guitar. But also one, I'd strongly argue, that offers the potential to be a fantastic and unique musical tool for any guitarist looking to head into the studio and, once you get to grips with it, it can absolutely be used live too.

At the core of the RGKP6 is the familiar double cutaway mahogany body that comes in the same shape as other Ibanez RG guitars. It is attached to a maple neck with rosewood fretboard. It has 24 jumbo frets with a scale length of 25.5", nut width of 1.6929" and neck radius of 15.75". The guitar currently only comes in cosmo black finish.

The action is low and the guitar keeps tune better than many more expensive guitars I've played. As you'll see in pic#5 the rear A string ferrule is missing but that's easy (and cheap) to replace should you so choose. 

But before we get to the Kaoss Pad, the guitar comes with a built-in high-gain distortion circuit that can be enabled via the top mounted switch. You can use it with or without the Mini Kaoss Pad 2S, and it also comes with two knobs for controlling distortion tone and distortion gain. It's cool to have and absolutely benefits a ton of the effects stored in the Koass pad.  More ambient sounds are beautifully supported by the clip flicking off the distortion circuit and utilising the many luscious reverbs, delays etc...

The star of this new guitar is, obviously, the built-in/detachable Korg Mini Kaoss pad 2s. It easily attaches or detaches to your guitar and is designed to be compatible with future Kaoss technology. The Kaoss Pad 2S is activated via its own bypass/effect toggle switch, as well as having an on/off button on the side of pad itself and it's worth mentioning this is a solid playing Ibanez RG, if not the prettiest, even without the Kaoss pad. Activating the pad gives you 100 effect programs that can be controlled in real-time via your finger. And that's where a world of fun awaits, plus I'd also happily wager that not only will you find it enormous fun, but that like all great effects and musical concepts, it's a phenomenal musical tool and songwriting idea generator too.

Cue YT demo: long haired fella with shred

I'm releasing it back into the wild solely for the reason of needing something fun to distract me from an expensive (and enormously stressful) bathroom leak disaster that is taking up a lot of my time and thinking just now. In short, a new guitar feels like a sanity lifeboat in a broiling soup of online bathroom tedium coupled with intermittent bursts of intense anxiety.

Price: £400 ono (P&P included, UK Mainland only. Assumes PayPal F+F)

Tradewise, I'm open to most 6 string guitars, especially those equipped for raging metulz. 4 string basses might spark some GAS too. Try me basically. The worst I can say is a very polite "not this time but thank you anyway" so let's chat.

UPDATE: As our soundbar is in its dying throws, I'm also now on the hunt for an eARC Dolby Atmos equipped soundbar to accompany our LG OLED TV. So if you happen to have one of those going spare and fancy a swap for this particular slice of Ibanez, do let me know? 

Please copy and paste the following link to be taken to my Trading Feedback to allay any long distance deal anxieties: https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/62765/bad-alice/p1 ;

Have a lovely day out there, wherever you are and wishing you well too.

Easily distracted and...oooh, look! A guitar!"
My Trading Feedback can be found here: https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/62765/bad-alice/p1
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments