SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Gretsch 5420t- modded and punctured- SOLD

JJ72JJ72 Frets: 57
edited July 2023 in Guitars £
Here for sale is my Gretsch electromatic 5420.
I've carried out a couple of mods to the guitar and in doing so, have realised I'm not the best luthier in the world!
The bad bit: I replaced the original tuners with Sperzel locking tuners ( so far so good) but in carrying out this task, I drilled through the headstock on a couple of the tuners so you can see a small hole near the tuner washer ( see pics).
Doesn't affect the integrity of the headstock or guitar and not noticeable from a metre away but not the best look.  I have been considering laying a mahogany veneer over the headstock to get the look of a 6120 * have seen others do this on forums) and this would cover the holes. 

I have ditched the blacktop filtertrons for gretsch hilotrons as I'm a single coil man. These sound great.
I toom off the original pickguard as I preferred this look and now can't find it!
Difficult to price with the headstock but I'm going  to go with £370.  Would prefer buyer to pick up but can talk postage/ courier with whoever may be interested. 

Alternatively would swap/ trade for a Squier jazzmaster ot possibly jazzmaster parts to build my own partscadter

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments