SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD: CS ‘63 relic Strat - Ancho Poblano pickups £2200

What's Hot
LewyLewy Frets: 4238
edited March 9 in Guitars £
Refreshed ad as now just looking for a straight sale, no trades, and also the bridge has been reverted back to the original (previously had a Callaham).

This is a real hot rod strat. 60's Oval "C" neck, 22 frets and a contoured heel you can do anything on it. The handwound Ancho Poblano pickups - whilst billed as being pokey output - are string but not overpowering and are great for bright clean sounds as well as high gain. As I understand it, this was actually a custom order as opposed to any standard CS model.

Non-original features: I had the brilliant Dave Smart refret the guitar with Dunlop 6000 frets. The guitar also originally came with the "full blend" wiring - it now has standard strat wiring. The trem arm has got an ever so slight bend in it (pictured). You could likely straighten it but I've never bothered.. Got the backplate, not sure where the screws are...consider them not included but if I find them obviously I will include them. 

Comes with Custom Shop Limited Edition case & COA

£2550 2350 2200 shipped to UK (Bank transfer or PPG...add fees if you want to do Goods & Services)

£2475 2275  2150 if you want to make things really easy and come to Wokingham and collect it (I'd still rather have a bank transfer or paypal rather than cash though).

Feast your eyes:

0reaction image LOL 8reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I’ve got a Jackson Jack Butler, a 1986 ESP MII, a Charvel Model 6 ...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LewyLewy Frets: 4238
    I’ve got a Jackson Jack Butler, a 1986 ESP MII, a Charvel Model 6 ...
    Bit too pointy for me.

Bump with sale option added
  • Don't know what your thoughts on Jordan Guitars are (I like em TBF), but he has a GG in stock and I'm sure he'd trade for this mate.

My head said brake, but my heart cried never.

Boromedic said:
    Don't know what your thoughts on Jordan Guitars are (I like em TBF), but he has a GG in stock and I'm sure he'd trade for this mate.
    Thanks for that, I’ve emailed him.
  • Lewy said:
    Boromedic said:
    Don't know what your thoughts on Jordan Guitars are (I like em TBF), but he has a GG in stock and I'm sure he'd trade for this mate.
    Thanks for that, I’ve emailed him.
    No worries mate, hope you can do a deal.

My head said brake, but my heart cried never.

edited September 2023
    Another bump to see if any tantalising trades come out of the woodwork. I have an option with a dealer but would much rather do something player to player! 

If this Strat had a bridge humbucker I doubt I’d play anything else… shame none of the single coils sized ones sound right to my ears. 
    edited September 2023
    Another bump, just to see if there are any interesting trades going for modern-playing guitars of a similar value
    bump
  • bobaccobobacco Frets: 535
    Wow, this is perfect. Lovely guitar!

• PM'd
    Macca-24 said:
    PM'd
    None received?
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5057
    Lewy said:
    Macca-24 said:
    PM'd
    None received?
    The old ‘didn’t send a PM but left a message on your wall by mistake’ trick.  ;)
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
    Lewy said:
    Macca-24 said:
    PM'd
    None received?
    The old ‘didn’t send a PM but left a message on your wall by mistake’ trick.  ;)
    This is correct ;)
    bump
  • Lewy said:
    Another bump to see if any tantalising trades come out of the woodwork. I have an option with a dealer but would much rather do something player to player! 

If this Strat had a bridge humbucker I doubt I’d play anything else… shame none of the single coils sized ones sound right to my ears. 
    You could put a Clapton Boost and TBX in there for an on demand 'bucker sound. Won't add the extra frets though
  • bobaccobobacco Frets: 535
    Lewy said:

You could put a Clapton Boost and TBX in there for an on demand 'bucker sound. Won't add the extra frets though
    I got ya covered. 

IMG_7786.jpeg 152.1K
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    bobacco said:
    Lewy said:

I got ya covered. 

Haha....wait is that actually a real thing....?
    Lewy said:

Indeed. To be honest if it was just about the bucker sound I wouldn't be above having this one chopped for one, or just sticking with one of my other 22 fret 'bucker guitars, but I really do want 24....
    I'm sorted for the kind of guitar I was going to trade for so now a straight sale. 
    Bumping for new pics and pricing